* Spoilers* Sylvanas dialogue redemption?

I think you’re using that wrong. Maybe too much of the salt you’re trying to force on everyone else because you can’t understand a game written for 12 year olds

Since your IQ is so high can you help me out on what the master plan is?

3 Likes

Scroll up. It doesn’t take high IQ to see it. It just takes low IQ to not see the story.

Just felt this was relevant somehow.

14 Likes

Humor me. What’s the master plan? Spell it out in Queen’s own english. So us muggles can understand.

Oh yeah 9.2 gameplay seems to slap, I will enjoy making mounts.

I will not enjoy making the mount via the interdimensional cosmologic 3D printer using a primordial soul as stuffing in the Build-a-Bear forge of origination.

3 Likes

I LITERALLY typed out the story for you above. Your inability to find it in a short distance from these posts just shows why you can’t comprehend the story. Have fun wallowing in self pity from your either blind hatred or sub 50 IQ.

Then it should be easy for you to quote it.
Unless… you don’t know either?

5 Likes

Keep proving me right. Sad sorry little man with a 50 IQ have a good night. You’ve been demolished

He running folks. He running fast.

3 Likes

I think this new angle is one you either like, or you hate. It does not bother me as much as it does some people, but I can understand why it would bug some. Some of it might be that I just dig the fractal angular theme. It sort of brings the architectural ideas from the Ancients of Stargate to mind.

HOWEVER, I would not say I like it yet, but it has the nuts and bolts to be interesting. In theory… but I am beyond a little concerned on the execution phase.

5 Likes

Sigh… you don’t get it. My reply to you had absolutely nothing to do with any other context, information or meaning and you certainly did not establish that in your first reply when you blatantly misquoted me. On top of that, you also blatantly denied it when I proved it otherwise. That is why I called you a liar. There was no other context I was replying to you under than that.

Really? Always took you for a fantasy over sci-fi person.

So you’re fine with this Sci-fi Engineering Cosmology to be the universal truth for the entire cosmos? One Zereth and one Oracle per Cosmic Force?

And you don’t seem to get it that the whole point of me doing that was to prove you a point. But you don’t seem to get it even after I have explained it to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, my undergrad degree was in IT, and I am about done with my MLIS with a concretion in digital archives. I am perhaps sort of wired to like orderly things.

I like it when Fantasy and Sci-fi run into one another and have strange children. When done right. I am super concerned about that fine detail. They have a lot of work to do to convince me this was the right move to make. 9.2 better be compelling as heck.

11 Likes

I think inherently any cosmology with a 3D printer realm per cosmic force run by a robot person has veered far from any possible attempts at Traditional Fantasy™ and thoroughly strips the universe of magical mythology at the very root.

Because now what magical mythology we do have is downstream the sci-fi.

Side note I both love and hate you as an archivist. Love as a cultural critic who depends on archives, hate as an amateur genealogist where archivists behave like sphinx-dragons guarding their hoard. :skull::sob::joy:

Feels like a lot of retread and The Force Awakens level oneupsmanship: “My story has a Deathstar but it’s the size of a planet and can blow up a whole planetary system!” We’ve basically got a Super Lich King and Super Pantheon this go round.

The First Ones being a Macropantheon, and the Pantheon (likely) being one Micropantheon of many mass produced by the Macropantheon? It kinda feels 1.) Antagonistic to the old guard creators and 2.) Demystifying to the cosmology in the same way Legion was with the techno-space demons angle.

9 Likes

And my first character back in vanilla was an undead. I stared at those shiny epic undead horse mounts for hours wondering if I’ll ever earn enough gold to get one. When I finally did, I was so excited and just wanted to show it off everywhere. I spent days wandering around Tirisfal Glades and to this very day that part of the world is still the most visited place for me. Every time I go there the memories from my starting days come back. Now flash forward to BFA when the alliance rampaged through and destroyed Brill. That place is like Goldshire for the horde. Then after that seeing UC blighted by Sylvanas who was one of my favorite characters. After all of this you would think this would have some kind of emotional impact on me. Well, it didn’t. At least not for more than a day or so and I continued on to see how the story would go from there. You see, I don’t find my identity in a video game no matter how long I have played it or enjoyed the story. I’m not saying you or anyone who felt more strongly about this does but it sure does seem like some people do. Its just a game with a great story. It isn’t reality. It isn’t real. Yea we can be happy or sad about things that happen within a story but there comes a point where we have to just move on. Yea we can give our feedback and criticize creative work, which in turn has the potential of influencing better work in the future but after that, just move on.

It’s part and parcel a larger trend in society regarding disenchantment.

Originally describing the decentering of religion, today it more broadly describes the rejection of magic as real.

Eg many Abrahamics today don’t actually believe in say angels.

It’s why Shadowlands doesn’t have any stable metaphysics. It’s not meant to.

It’s an engineering expansion, not a theological one.

Oh I read your “point” after the fact of you not explaining it the first time around. What you don’t get is the fact I don’t care about your point but I do care that you misquoted me on purpose and then lied about not doing it. And you proved no point. You presented a perspective. Your perspective. Something I personally don’t care about. :slight_smile: