[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

It’s not too late! Remember The Lichen King XD?

You know, I never did see that guy. I never got to that part of Drustvar on my alts, and the only reason for me to go on my Horde characters is to get to Waycrest and Drustvar invasions. Now that I got my Tour of Duty there, I don’t even do that.

He’s worse killin’ at least once. He’s silly.

It appears that there is one.

2 Likes

And it doesn’t look top heavy…

Some real gud lookin sets. Cant wait to chaos bolt alliance for it

Wowhead hasn’t gotten to it yet, but they also updated the Leather Nathria set, and it looks pretty exciting. No one’s combined the new 3D bits with the base armor textures yet, unfortunately, so here’s just the 3D bits:

1 Like

Wonder if those straps with the vials and daggers are apart of the belt or pants. Probably pants… though looking at it again, is the coattail thing going on the whole belt or is that a piece of the pants…?

Something to be said, they do seem to be missing a chance to add other 3D assets with bracers instead of having it only with gloves. Kind of like what we’ve had with capes until they started doing other things with them.

Other colors are being datamined…

This set looks better with the pants imo.

It’s a little weird because every expansion there are models–weapons, armor, creatures, etc.–that are created but only used like, once or twice. Some never get used, others are not available to players, etc.

It’s always puzzled me since new models cost time & money so if they don’t get used enough or for anything “good” they’re essentially just wasted resources.

4 Likes

f in the chat for that cool Night Elf archer set that we aren’t allowed to use for some reason

3 Likes

Which one? The one from the Sentinels? If it’s the one I’m talking about it was just a texture/creature model, it wasn’t “real” armor.

The one that mimics the vanilla cutscene elf

f in the chat for the Shado-Pan’s armor that only they get

Not much looks good on a male pandaren; please let me have this

2 Likes

Yeah no, like I said I’m pretty sure that was just like, old baked-in model stuff that doesn’t exist as actual, wearable armor. They just slapped it onto various night elf models, I think.

1 Like

Unicorns are learning to fly.

In the most recent Shadowlands build, all Courser, Nightmare, and Dreamrunner type horse mounts have been changed from ground mounts to flying ones! Most of these horned “unicorn” style mounts are older mounts, obtained from Legion and Battle for Azeroth content, though they include a couple placeholder mounts datamined from Shadowlands; either way it’s a welcome change for anyone wishing to take their favorite horse mount to the skies.

We’re getting built in countdowns.

With today’s Shadowlands build, Blizzard has added a new functionality to slash commands: Countdowns! This new feature is already available to most players through addons like DBM and BigWigs, but now, it will be available to every WoW player without any addons. Thanks MysticalOs for the tip!

With this new command, group leaders and assistants can send countdowns to raid and group members by typing /countdown xx , where xx is the time in seconds.

1 Like

This is going to sound shocking coming from me, since no one is a bigger supporter of Blizzard than I am, but it seems a little strange that we’re only getting countdowns now. Haven’t they been on addons forever?

Well Blizzard leans hard on addons for a lot of easy features/QoL things, but this is a nice one even though it’s super late.

1 Like

Finally an armor set that shows some manflesh

1 Like

When will blizzard give me the pec displaying armor i deserve