[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Ok so I thought it was a long shot, but someone actually did Jojo Jaina and…it’s everything you could imagine.

Kind of bummed she’s not absolutely jacked like other jojo characters lmao

Found a…better one.

Was a bit hard to find a source, but the artist tagged under it is called Jugie :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Beefy Jaina is not someone I want to meet in an allyway.

2 Likes

Mythicc raid boss.

4 Likes

There’s a 0% chance this isn’t part of an ‘adult’ image series or something.

4 Likes

get hyped for the one random draenei companion amid all the shadowlands covenant race companions who may or may not be a placeholder

Oh…oh god…oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

The dude who said that he was a good roleplayer and if you made fun of him duel him outside Orgrimmar?

I… don’t remember that being a thing he did. But it also wouldn’t surprise me.

If it was the same one I knew that he was like 13 years old. A prime example of why parents should not use video games as a babysitter. I don’t think that they have the maturity to be playing by themselves for so long on an online environment because it starts to become lord of the flies.

Improved DK eyes. It looks like they bumped the thickness of the glow effect.

A new ray tracing option for shadows is also available on the Alpha.

1 Like

I love this. It is looking more and more like my death knight will be my main going forward.

oof. I thought ‘hey, they added transparency to the too obvious effects’ before realizing I was looking at the picture backwards

Here’s hoping they give an option in the barbershop for folks that don’t like the added affects.

Settle something for me, WrA.

Is the gargoyle boss for Revendreth just a little adorable?

It’s hard to not adore them since they look like the cartoon a lot of folks remember.

Changes to Balance Druids eclipse:

Blizzard

Eclipse: catching up (slightly belatedly) on updates this week.

Summarizing some of the biggest points coming out of early feedback:
–General negative feeling on the RNG startup of Eclipse. A few people did notice that there was pretty strong bad-luck protection on the proc, but ultimately that didn’t seem to help in this case.
–The idea of the 30s ICD wasn’t worth all the confusion. It was intended to simply alternate Eclipses in long combats, so it’s clearer to straightforwardly do that.

An important detail of the change (the number of casts to start an Eclipse is now fixed at 3) is that the count is visible in the default UI–highlighting this since it won’t be obvious to people who have only seen datamining. This lets you know, among other things, when you’ve been out of combat long enough to “reset” and be able to start with either Eclipse again, so you don’t have to guess about that. It also makes the mechanics clearer, for example that you can enter either Eclipse immedately after Celestial Alignment ends.

Another problem solved by no longer being random is that you’re not stuck in the middle of a “wrong” cast when Eclipse starts (Eclipse feels a bit longer when you play it in this version, for this reason). You can plan a buffed nuke or Starsurge crisply at the start of Eclipse, as well as allowing more advanced planning around DoT refreshes and movement.

Finally, it’s expected that there are better and worse Eclipse timings in a long encounter based on whether Wrath or Starfire is more valuable at given moments, and there’s some ability to manipulate it as you learn what’s coming. There hasn’t been a lot of opportunity for people to explore this yet, but Starsurge timing, DoT timing, Celestial Alignment, and choice of starting Eclipse are all ways to influence the cycle.

I hear the frost mage ability, Blizzard, is being renamed to Activision

8 Likes

Supposedly there will be a tamable Wind Steed. ((That store mount from MoP, right?)

As a pandaren, I can see the potential.

As me, I can say…

thank the ancestors I’m MM and have no pet

The story about Blizzard posting jobs for an unknown mobile project makes me wonder if there will be a Warcraft: Immortal

Also it makes me wonder if Diablo: Immortal ever got released or if it just got mocked out of existence somehow