[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

I listened to Before the Storm as an audiobook and was struck immediately by how Golden is apparently unaware that there are synonyms for “said”, not to mention other verbs which can be used to modify the action of a character’s speaking—things like “whispered” or “muttered” or “groused.” But nope. Every speaking action was preceded or succeeded by “said.” Drove me up a damn wall…

1 Like

Friendly reminder that Azerite played next to no role storywise in this War despite being the thing that caused it and the thing that was going to change the face of warfare on Azeroth.

6 Likes

we obvs gotta make karen mechagnome for maximum robotic manager asking

mechagnomes are so karen they talked to the old gods manager and got their curse of flesh returned for a full refund

2 Likes

Pffffffffffffffft. :rofl:

1 Like

No, you’re operating off bad information. Azerite never existed and was never important. The Night Elves moved to Stormwind because it’s sunnier. The Forsaken tirelessly protect the living. Nevermind those big rocks of Azerite, this burnt out husk of a tree or the literal slaves in the Undercity.

1 Like

You might be laughing now, but just wait until we take our slightly bigger tanks with us to Super Hell.

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/f/f0/Azerite_War_Wachine.png

2 Likes

And vice-versa Draenei males with understated crests but prominent horns like Draenei females would be cool.

5 Likes

The Nu-Scourge will be sorry when we start setting them on fire with blue flames instead of orange flames!

Given the choice between this and “never uses said, ever,” I’d gladly take the former.

“Said” is one of those words that isn’t really meant to be read, anyway; I’m there for the dialogue, not to admire the fact that the author owns a thesaurus.

God, remember how the game was all “an azerite tank!!! whatever will we do!?!?!” and then we just like, beat the thing to death with our swords, like every other tank we come across?

I miss when that was the dumbest thing that happened.

2 Likes

There’s also no sword and Magni isnt diamond he just painted himself blue and has gone senile

1 Like

Ok but this should be a thing.

He just keeps incoherently screaming about Woooooooonz and no one has the heart to correct him

2 Likes

An appropriate video for this moment.

7 Likes

Thanks now I have this image of our character and all the other leaders huddled in a room going a la the rest of the X Men in Deadpool 2

3 Likes

this is extremely cursed and I feel like I’ve lost something vital to my humanity by knowing it exists

2 Likes

Champion…

knock knock knock

I know yer in there. I can smell Azerite!

Me: Magni please I’m just trying to fly to a dungeon.

I’m all for BfA being the weird fever dream of all of us just humoring a senile Magni.

None of it happened it’s all this elaborate play we’ve set up so he doesnt get sad.

6 Likes

I will 100% accept this.

Shadowlands is happening because the Jailer is a giant douche and ripped apart the veil so he could tell Magni the truth and we’re all going there to shut him up.

1 Like

bfa was a mass dying dream of everyone breathing in the fumes from a burning world tree

1 Like