[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Tbh, if this goes through, we really shouldn’t be surprised. We should have seen this coming when they stated that Tyrande got her vengeance.

I didn’t realize that Halo had books until I went to a book shop and saw them on the shelves.

No, it shouldn’t. If they want to write books for their world, it should be for minor characters affected by the worldly events. Gives context of how the world is reacting to our characters shenanigans and how they feel about their leadership.

It’s how Star Wars worked for the longest time until they dubbed them all non-canon (RIP).

1 Like

reserving judgement on how shafted the Night Elves have been until I see whether Night Elf males get a handsome face and eyebrows with no beard in the chargen revamp.

If I can be a hot night elf all is forgiven. If I remain nobrows McDumbface, they are all talentless hacks

1 Like

So, you’re in absolute agreement with me that the higherups are to blame, not specific lower level writers.

Thanks, I appreciate your support<3

If I’m being honest I’ve been preparing myself for the dung tier writing ever since:

“We arent going to spend one iota of thought on why the Vindicaar isnt being used because we’re lazy and dont want to”

If anyone ever wants to know why WoWs writing is so bad that’s the answer.

Blizzard is lazy and non writers are allowed to make story decisions.

Which is so bizarre. A lot of issues with the story can be solved via quest or literal flavor text with NPCs. Like, that crap takes such minimal effort to do.

1 Like

So in the Maw, we find a bunch of twisted night elf souls from the burning of Teldrassil, right?

I was thinking, what if the Horde got a different interaction with them? The Alliance see their fallen kin and know they have to put them out of their misery, as unfortunate as it is. A hard position to be in.

But the Horde? They see their mistake in the flesh. Driven by their own guilt, Horde characters refuse to fight the warped souls. There has got to be another way to save them. They won’t do it again, won’t kill those night elves. They just can’t.

Sort of adds some emotional baggage/consequence to what the Horde has done without, like, having to break the status quo Blizzard is so fond of.

Everyone knows why the Vindicaar can’t be used in the Alliance vs. Horde war. The same reason Velen couldn’t participate in any conflict previously. It’s the same reason they had to get Hulk and Thor out of civil war. Only marvel had the foresight to give valid reasons to pull Hulk and Thor out of those stories and give them their own while civil war was going on.

Blizzard couldn’t be bothered though. I mean it would be cool to see the consequences of the LF draenei showing up with the Vindicaar to the battle of Dazar’alor and destroying the Zandalari single-handedly but that would be too much of a power play for the Alliance I guess.

It’s interesting to compare how other writers/companies do things compared to Blizzard and see how laughable it is now.

1 Like

Look. All I wanted is some text stating that Velen went to a remote island after Legion.

The dudes didn’t give anything to the Draenei in BFA though, frick Velen isn’t even a mentor character to Anduin any longer. Dude has been shoved out for human-boi Genn.

We do get one sassy LFD huffing about how she is reduced to healing the wounded instead of being on the battlefield.

1 Like

Turalyon: "As much as I’d like to see the full might of the lights wrath brought to bear against the Horde I’m afraid the majority of the Vindicaars power was spent in our battle on Argus, it’s all we can do to keep it afloat now.

You will otherwise have the full support of the Army of the Light your highness."

It’s that simple. One line of broadcast text would have closed that plot hole.

Nope, too much work.

4 Likes

Wow wee, hard.

Edit, maybe we should have a rant thread.

We had one months ago but I think it got shut down by the efforts of the mediocre mod team. Too negative or something like that.

Oh agreed completely. What’s telling is that rather than spend the laughably small amount of effort to explain it away they went:

“Nah, we dont want to”

1 Like

All this to say that when Shadowlands main story arc ends up being a pile of moldy dog droppings I am not going to be surprised.

I’m sure some of the zone and side stories will be well done though.

Golden is a pretty bad writer, though.

1 Like

the new human hairstyles look dope I cant wait to see what kinds the other races get. I know we’ve seen a couple like the Elvira forsaken one, the kitty foreman gnome, and the karen night elf and they all look pretty good

im excited to see the rest

2 Likes

Wonder if they’ll open up AR hairstyles that exist on their base race (vice versa). Karen Nightborne.

it would certainly be a cheap cost cutting move that I would approve of, since some of the AR hairstyles are also choice and I wouldn’t mind porting them over. not to mention vice-verse, with the AR getting the copied hairstyles from their base races as well

1 Like

On this note, I want to take the opportunity to remind everyone that the entire basis for this expansion was the Alliance and Horde being driven to recruit new allies specifically for their fleets that were unceremoniously sunk by a completely unrelated villain.

and that recruiting those allies had no influence whatsoever on our battle against N’Zoth.

3 Likes

Right? Total win-win for Blizzard and the community.

Sidenote, still dreaming for face plate similar to the men for the Draenei women. I’ve wanted my ladies to have their original concept art head plating for years.

https://www.mobygames.com/images/promo/original/1467343884-2522588291.jpg

4 Likes