[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

They don’t look like that on live…do they???

WE MUST TAKE JERUSALEM

DEUS VULT
DEUS VULT

2 Likes

I made the joke in my Discord. Make it blue and we can sub in the Lordaeron meme from before BfA.

And no, Autai, not that I’m aware of. Then again, I’m Horde.

Plate set for Nathria Raid

DISGUSTING

I mean, you know the scarlet RPers are having eyegasms right about now over that set.

And there might be a blue set for alliance so who knows?

2 Likes

Blood Elves are probably fawning over the red/black set.

cries in Pandaren

oooo man I love some of those hairs

1 Like

Expansion saved by customizations alone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

The long human male hair looks great IMO. I love warrior archetypes, aesthetics and all.

yeah i cant stay mad because of all these beautiful armours and customisation options

Tbh, I think the Forsaken community should be loud about the new introduction. It’s a complete disservice. Make a stink now.

For folks wanting context…

2 Likes

honestly…yeah pretty much. If they made like 5 times the amount of options they wouldn’t even have to make a new land mass or quests or anything. just

World of Warcraft: Dope Fades

the expansion

2 Likes

In the stream they’re doing the blue one right now. So Alliance PvP one is kind of confirmed blue lol. That Red/Black one is probably Horde PvP.

I mean to be fair it wouldn’t be the first time the Forsaken intro lied to the player’s face. After all, it told us for years they were ‘wrongly accused’ for the Wrathgate incident and now we learn it was Sylvanas all along cuz Blizzard wanted her moustache to grow three sizes that day.

2 Likes

It’s pretty amazing how Blizzard can take something loved by both sides of the community and just torch it with a flamethrower. Wrategate was a story that didn’t need to be explained. Some things are just better left open ended and it was one of those stories.

4 Likes

Like, I’ll be frank. I love the overall world building of Azeroth. It’s a fun universe with a lot of potential, and is great to roleplay in. But when Blizzard started involving the heroes of the franchise more in the overarching plots, they started doing very dumb things with them, and then they didn’t know how to write themselves out of said dumb things.

I stand by Blizz’s worldbuilding being great, but its ability to write an ongoing narrative to be tenuous at best. Even Arthas was just a dark mirror of King Arthur, and frankly I never saw his appeal to the degree others hyped him up.

I relegated to the fact that Blizzard will absolutely write by the seat of their pants for the sake of doing that. But their writers do what makes them happy and they get paid, so I can’t exactly knock them as people, I just call foul on their storytelling.

Sylvanas was a tragedy of writing, as she had a ton of potential that was thrown out the window. There’s a reason people adamantly defended her even after the Teldrassil thing; she was beloved, and by more than just fanboys contrary to what some people will dismissively (and immaturely) say. She had a depth to her character, and they’d shown some very misleading story beats over the course of the past few expansions that would have led one to believe a completely different direction was being done with her character. It was the worst kind of red herring, a very commercial and manipulative one.

Mm…don’t mind me, just lamenting potentially engaging story bits being tossed out the window.

EDIT: Also this is all I’ll say on it. I don’t wanna get too far off topic cuz I’m loving the flow of new stuff, and there’s plenty of threads where we can vent about Blizzard’s flaws in writing. My bad.

3 Likes

It looks like the lashes are clipping into the upper corner of the eye, causing it to look weird.

They do say

Please do not mind the model’s eyelashes - Obviously, she stacked a bit too many falsies.

on the post

1 Like

Paraphrasing Samara here, but… “The Forsaken are a disease to be purged, nothing more.”

That new starter dialogue for them is laughable. These are the same undead SOBs who will tell you “beware the living” as a parting shot when you’re playing a living character on some fetch quest to gather bear rears or something for them. The Forsaken slaughtered/ate all the nelfs you had the option of capturing at Saurfang’s request in the pre-patch.

I have never, and will never, roll a Forsaken toon. Show me the petition or protest thread and I’ll put my name on it. The Forsaken have never been anything but discount Scourge and changing them into defenders of life is just stupid.

1 Like

Shadowlands World Map

Interesting that they don’t have a similar style to Outlands with looking like floating islands. Aren’t they all essentially that?

They’re easing the Forsaken into Calias rule. Callin’ it now.