[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

We are the Siame-Quashi. Vol’jin was the First of us. The best of us. And in his name do we continue to fight.

Vol’jin, the ascendant! Rising throughout his lifetime to lofty heights, the lowliness of his birth could not thwart him.

Vol’jin, the keeper of truth! The forked tongue of Zul that lead so many astray could not fool him.

Vol’jin, the exemplar! The brutality of the Son of Hellscream could not have been resisted without him.

Vol’jin, the warrior! Leading the Horde, his cunning and strength availed him.

Vol’jin, the broken! Who commands nothing he will not do himself, selflessly dying for those commanded by him.

Vol’jin, the dead! Fighting Legions, his death found him.

Vol’jin, the kingly! Leader of his people and example to all trolls, sacred Atal’dazar holds him.

Vol’jin, the deathwalker! His spirit appeared to advise, and queens and kings attend him.

Vol’jin, the arisen! Not even the cold grip of Bwonsamdi could keep him.

Vol’jin, the Loa of the Horde! We are but instruments of him.

We are the Siame-Quashi. The Shadow Hunters of Vol’jin. The Darkspear Paladins.

5 Likes

Now is it me or is Vol’jin a character who seems to wield immense power and yet spends the vast majority of his time doing nothing, either getting stabbed, sitting on his throne, dying immediately or being shoved into a pod?

tbh I prefer that to what some other characters choose to do. at least he’s doing something, and it’s not genocide, which is nice.

Here lies the Horde’s most virtuous hero: died before he could commit genocide.

5 Likes

Cairne just kickin’ a rock around in the corner.

3 Likes

Just hoping Vol’jin becomes the Loa of Facial Hair and lets the darkspear grow beards like he did

7 Likes

Vol’jin, The Loa of Morality!

Every time a Darkspear goes to commit a war crime Vol’jin whispers to them “Don’t do that.”

9 Likes

Cairne disliked genocide before it was cool. He is the ultimate Horde hipster.

6 Likes

Pathfinder will no longer be required to fly in WoD and Legion.

With the major changes coming to leveling characters from 10-50 in Shadowlands, we want to make sure that there is a navigational parity among all of the different expansions you can choose while questing. In the next version of the Shadowlands Alpha that will appear this week, testers are going to see an intentional change coming to Shadowlands for a couple of older Pathfinder achievements.

Specifically, the flight training rewards from Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two will no longer be required for flying in Draenor or Broken Isles content. These will now be granted at level 30 with expert flying.

The achievements will remain in place as before, and Draenor Pathfinder will still be the way to earn the Soaring Skyterror mount, while Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One will continue to reward increased mount speed in the Broken Isles.

NPCs will turn their head if you approach them.

That dude be like, “Can I help you??? Kind of talkin’ here.”

Also Revendreth is the next Covenant open for players soon on the Alpha.

1 Like

The Revendreth preview is up with some neat pictures:

I like how there’s one floating vampire with that silly Dracula hairdo from one of the early movies

1 Like

Dude the art team is doing a good job with the themes of the covenants.

Spooky boi.

Also, calling it now.

The Nathrezim origins are the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Hunter pets also can do this on the alpha, so this is a nice touch.

1 Like

Naturally the venthyr character dealing with sins of desire is a lady. Blizzard just can’t shake that, can they.

3 Likes

Nnng…the Venthyr stuff looks so cool. I’m having a blast wading through this. Part of me wants to keep myself blind to all this so it winds up being a surprise, but I know I’ll look it up sooner or later. ;_;

1 Like

Ion got too scared of the women NPCs added in BfA and had to go back to his safe space.

2 Likes

Imagine if it was a scantily dressed dude in like a harness going “Oh, how naughty! :purple_heart:” and stuff with people.

Kinda reminds me of a comic I saw where someone had drawn Batman posing like Catwoman. It was a hilarious reversal of roles.

7 Likes

It’s also kind of stupid* that the sophisticated and posh Revendreth still look like football linebackers. WoW lives in terror of a world that aged out of 1995.

*extremely stupid

4 Likes

Right? You don’t wanna peek inside, but you know something is good hiding in that closet during the holidays.

There’s a datamined PvP arena based in Bastion.

Also, popped into the Twitch stream and they’re putting together the black model we saw at BlizzCon.