[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Looks like hunters are getting updated foxes.

Also:

More information about the upcoming crafting system.

Idk who Rasek is, but they apparently posted this on their Twitter.

Context from their Twitter post:

Four books popped up: Manifestos from the Scarlet Brotherhood regarding Anduin, Genn, Calia Menethil, and her living son. They can be found by Calston Estate, 44,55 coords, and probably relate to pre-patch and Shadowlands.

5 Likes

That’s pretty interesting. I don’t think it’ll make it into the game.

The idea that Calia has a kid and that the kid is being raised within the Scarlet Brotherhood is pretty interesting. Was Calia ever married? Do we know of this at all or is this the first mention of it?

I love the idea that Anduin and Sylvanas are in cahoots together. While there is some hyperbole…there are so merits to the possibility of Anduin being a manipulative jackalope. They’re slim, but I really love the idea of him being a conspirator.

2 Likes

Eh. It’s kind of neat. But if they revealed now that Anduin was a conspirator, it would reek of desperation on Blizzard’s part.

Idk, you know that cheeky smirk Sylvanas and Anduin share at the end of the BFA trailer? Could have been them internally chuckling at how easy the war was to trigger.

(Yes I’m reaching)

Also, I just love this conspiracy. It’s actually pretty funny and totally in line with the Scarlet Crusade being insane.

Apparently it’s confirmed real:

Scarlet Crusade hype? Crazy human train yeee.

I believe that she ran away and got married, uncertain if it was an official wedding or just jumping over a broom.

1 Like

So even though the Scarlet Brotherhood is clearly insane…they revealed something with merit in that Calia had a kid. Assuming they didn’t just pick up a random kid and said, “you’re the prince”. Though these guys are so loyal to the Lordareon crown that I believe them. Of all the things they’d lie about, I don’t think this would be one of them.

Preview of the race selection screen

Someone from Reddit mentioned it looks very ‘mobile’ and it’s hard not to agree with that.

Sliders?

Mmo-Champion did a video if you prefer that medium.

That’s…yeah, that’s super hard to argue with and not a great sign.

Yeah, overall, not really a fan of the redesign. Hope they go through multiple iterations because this just ain’t that great.

Giving us the most “technically correct” version of sliders possible is extremely Blizzard.

I guess the old race selection screen was getting a little cramped, though.

2 Likes

It’s really funny to me that they allow you to zoom and rotate the model and stuff considering the models are now 6~ years old and absolutely do not need you to zoom in for all the details.

As a side note, Calia in BtS was said to have a daughter but the Crusade is saying they have their son… So there is a possible retcon inc. It’s minor, but yeah.

blizzard accidentally trans’d calia’s child

5 Likes

Maybe the Crusade is progressive and openly supports him.

Also, engineer goggles:

(also lens are blue/red/green)

3 Likes

Lolz, the kid part is a lie of the brotherhood to install a puppet.

The mail Bastion set.

I think this set wins. Looks inspired by the Stewards?

1 Like

That looks pretty neat. I can’t help but feel it kind of looks like plate, though.

People want sliders in character customization? Here you go!