[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Well now I need to know.

we do that.

Surprise pikachu face jpg

1 Like

Remember when we learned Azshara was going to be the ā€œā€ā€œprimaryā€"" antagonist for BFA and I said that theyā€™d never, ever be able to live up to the hype for her? Especially after how limp Sargeras was?

Thatā€™s where we are now, but with the entire expansion setting. We are now in the afterlife. Thereā€™s nowhere else to go.

6 Likes

You know theyā€™re going to have us go to a realm of every cosmic force in WoW.

Or Azeroth is going to wake up and our hero butts are going to imprison her so we can live on her.

The thing is, weā€™ve already gone to alternate realms. Weā€™ve already gone to space. Weā€™ve visited other planets and other realities.

Are they just gonna recycle some of that? Even if they do, the same trick doesnā€™t work twice.

Weā€™ll go to the super twisting nether and save the demons we killed.

I donā€™t want to shave a demonā€™s twisted nethers.

They were pretty blatant in their reusing of Mists of Pandaria, so Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re going to want to take another crack at WoD, eventually.

1 Like

I dont know about you all but Iā€™m looking forward to them using Tyrande as foil for ā€œlook how powerful and dangerous Sylvanas isā€ when Night Warrior Tyrande ends up losing to her and getting sent to Torghast and then we likely end up cleansing Tyrande of it.

That Night Warrior transformation really did so much and was really important.

3 Likes

ā€œWe didnā€™t think we told the story of Grom Hellscream well the first time around, so weā€™re going to try again.ā€

And then she has to kill her peoples souls :pray:

Then we end SL with Sylvanas being the hero and Tyrande being the evil one all along.

1 Like

I guarantee you we end Shadowlands with Sylvanas as the new jailer

1 Like

She also unites all the covenants in harmony.

ā€œI came here with a simple dream, a dream of murdering everyone for power. And this is how it must end? Whoā€™s the real eternally vile genocidal lunatic who massacred entire civilizations with the help of an army of willing goons? Me? Or society?ā€

7 Likes

No OnE cArEd UnTiL i PuT oN tHe MaSk

As far as Iā€™m concerned this expansion is already starting on a necrotic diseased foot by virtue of featuring Sylvanas and Nathanos.

Pessimism aside, SL is looking good systems wise. Going to need to see Torghast and how limited itā€™s going to be, but things are looking okā€¦gameplay-wise.

Just really worried about the story.

Based on reactions systems look to range from meh to good.

Iā€™m already exceedingly unimpressed with the story

Iā€™m worried about the systems, too. Thereā€™s no guarantee that what weā€™re seeing isnā€™t just another lie.

Aye, itā€™s why ya just donā€™t pre-purchase a digital game with an infinite stock.

1 Like