[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Well, whatever. If Horde players wanted it I’m happy for them, but giving Void Elves High Elf options too is obviously the right thing to do here. The assets exist, keeping them from alliance players is just spiteful.

Nah we can pretty much do whatever we want with lore and it doesnt matter

This is a game where our players regularly cross an ocean but keep missing the 240 islands between the two continents

Its alright

Blue eyes for Blood Elves is fine, just have a throw away line about latent arcane in the Sunwell causing it or something.

What is going to feel real s*&%^y is that Blizzard will in no way allow Void Elves a similar option because why would Blizzard ever allow the Alliance something Alliance players have wanted since Vanilla.

1 Like

This much I do agree on, even if I derive some amusement from the ensuing outrage.

That said. SL hasn’t even popped, and if Alliance -is- going to be doing shadey things as most are predicting, having an occurance where the remaining High Elves ditch the Alliance because of something that happens would only leave it being a bit bitter ultimately.

Only solution is to make Velf form a tad more unique, have it auto-turned on in combat and death and have an option to turn it off like worgen form.

The alliance has two flavors of gnomes what else do you need??

3 Likes

The G-1000

A liquid metal gnominator that feels no pain or fear and will never stop.

It’s target is Captain Anduin Lothar, in the past.

…wait that’s not right.

3 Likes

You can add as many gnomes as you want as long as its not black gnomes

2 Likes

There were a few answers by the devs a while back relating to this.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_2

Why do blood elves still have green eyes?

Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It’s why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.

Implies that they would return to normal given enough time.

don’t you ever mock my sacred lore again .

1 Like

Which means even regular orcs might get a brown skin tone option. I am hopeful.

That it and of itself is a retcon. A minor one sure. But when belves were first introduced fel corruption was permanent. They laxed it for gold eyes, and now theyre laxing it for blue.

But like i said before, everything in wow is flexible. Its a setting that…at least in attempt, tries to run off rule of cool. And its not afraid to move mountains to look cooler

1 Like

For the record, all fiction everywhere is made-up nonsense. Every story I’ve ever written is made-up nonsense.

That’s why treating it as though it’s sacred and unmovable is silly. Literally all of this was created solely because Chris Metzen thought it was cool. But the minute it’s changed in a way that doesn’t directly benefit the majority, suddenly we’re all Biblical scholars.

2 Likes

Not going to lie though.

If the corruption can be washed away via Sunwell, can it also be leeched out? Like, find some giant magical leech to do it?

All i know is all those thinly veiled faschy blood elf guilds must be popping some neck veins at black elves

1 Like

I can only imagine the reasons they give to people for not letting them join.

“Uhhh…we…we only take royal blood elves. Our headcanon is that darker skinned elves are commoners.”

1 Like

Arent some of those Belf House Guilds super creepy in the sense that they seem super attached to the idea that it’s female Blood Elves jobs to work on repopulating?

Or am I misremembering that?

Oh absolutely. They have the whole spread of conservative race/gender superiority going on

A royal flush

Of bad

Blood Elf Eyes:

Hair Color:

Women:

Men:

I honestly don’t like any of the BE customizations :woman_shrugging: Also, no red eyes for vampire loves. So sorry those that wanted them.

It’s still a sidenote that High Elves share the BE model so … :woman_shrugging: I hope Blizzard isn’t butchering their lore further by claiming that High Elves have rejoined the Blood Elves. It’s pretty clear they hate each other.

Looking at the mismatched eyes reminds me

I hope more races than just humans can have the milky scarred/damaged/blind eyes

1 Like