[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Cloth Maw Raid set:

Plate Maw Raid set:

These sets are absolutely sharp looking. Even if you don’t like them, that quality is really good. However, unlike recent tiers, there doesn’t seem to be a Mythic set that looks different? Maybe it’s coming later, but WoWheader labeled Mythic under these sets so the only difference might just be a color swap this time around. Which one though?

There was a lot of gnome jewelry datamined, things are just incomplete right now.

1 Like

I really wanna see Oribos because after WoD I have trust issues about the cool hub city being cut and it seems to be the only zone without any assets shown yet. Zuldazar and Boralus were so cool and I love getting new cities.

1 Like

Those armor sets are so boring. There’s enough skulls and spikes in the game already.

2 Likes

the real question is if the faun ppl become a playable race and you put pants on them is their butt gonna stick out like the current gear they are wearing lmao

i do like the fauns but i wonder if blizz were to make them an AR are they gonna suffer like Nightborne where they look really good in the NPC only armour and awkward in the actual usable armour that’s available for players

1 Like

It’s slated to be added to the Alpha in the next few weeks, along with Torghast, Revendreth, and the first round of character customizations.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-notes-april-9/490669

1 Like

My issue with the armors revealed so far has nothing to do with quality. I fully agree they’re well made and look good in the sense that they look like modern game art assets. My beef is strictly with the aesthetics of them. Bastion looks stupid. Maldraxxus, Revendreth, and this raid set are edgecringe sets fit for DKs and DHs. Ardenweald manages to look stupid in a wholly different way than Bastion.

Late reply, I know, but my thoughts are that it’s simply meant to be a BFA prelude, as immediately after the isle you go to BFA. As such, it’ll likely just be a separate experience for the separate factions, much like in BFA itself. Which is cool, honestly.

It’s not really related to BfA, and it’s only vaguely related to Shadowlands thematically. The plot of the zone is that you’re there to save an expedition of members of your faction that disappeared, and you find out that ogres and their minions are planning on sacrificing them to create an undead dragon. It’s just a classic adventure story, and the only thing that makes it an “Alliance version” is that all of the friendly NPCs are Alliance.

I don’t remember the other faction even being mentioned once, even though it does directly lead into BfA—the bridge is basically Anduin calling you up after you arrive back in Stormwind saying, “Hey, you killed a dragon? That’s cool—the Zandalari (whom we’ve not introduced to you) just destroyed all our ships, go to Kul Tiras (which we also haven’t introduced) to get more boats.”

Profession Alpha page:

The optional reagent sections might mean that Blizzard is going to finally let us craft the specific armor we want.

List of the optional reagents:

2 Likes

its funny to me that superhell has ore and like, fauna. its just a place.

5 Likes

Is there any word on adding vendors with the mogs for the BFA PvP sets or warfront gear?

Not that I know of. A lot of folks would be celebrating if they did that.

1 Like

It’s also kind of hilarious that they accept gold in the afterlife, proving that WoW is, indeed, an exultation of callous capitalism.

2 Likes

You guys remember Azerite?

1 Like

whats an azerite? can i eat it?

(azerite was a macguffin. no plot remembers its macguffins.)

No. But if you help me move this giant sword out of Sillithus that appeared for some reason, I’ll help you remember it.

I too would like to watch Azeroth burn.

sargeras won, guys.

1 Like

No, Sargeras was trying to spare us. Cursed with the gift of future sight, he knew how terrible Battle for Azeroth was going to be and, in one final act of mercy, the humanity and compassion of his original Titan core surged to life and he attempted to destroy Azeroth, freeing us from having to hang out with Nathanos.

7 Likes