[Spoilers] Looks like more villain bat

but it would also be the perfect lead in for alliance to stormheim because it would explain how the alliance know sylvanas would be there

1 Like

It does, but Genn also gives no indication until right outside the city that he has any clue what Sylvanas is doing there, and the journal would have given him something at the very least like “We must end the Banshee once and for all, and stop her from finding whatever she is after.”

1 Like

That would have made sense, but that is the issue with Blizzard deciding to make the Legion zones non-linear. They had to change that.

yup, sadly lawful stupid isnt a good choice either.
I cant wait to forgive you guys for teldrassil so we can go play mario kart /s.

1 Like

the journal doesnt say what exactly what she is after it just says that she i after the power of v and it ends right there

Which goes back to my point of it’s pretty moot, because if the Horde got it, Genn should have no idea where Sylvanas is, but if the Alliance has it, he should know she’s after something specific to do with the val’kyr.

“After the power of whatever” is more then enough for Genn to know somethings going on, but he doesn’t until they’re outside the temple city.

i mean he knows she is after something, he just doesnt know what it is. the journal is a huge headache

2 Likes

The journal says “she is trying to steal the power of the v… or herself”

That was what Genn went on. Any source of power that Sylvanas wants for herself is never good for anyone else.

2 Likes

But he never gives any indication they know that until they’re outside the city. He just knows she’s “Upto something”.
Knowing she’s after some sort of power is enough for Genn to have lines at the start saying “We know she’s after some sort of power so we gotta do something.” but he doesn’t. It’s just “She’s in Stormheim, letz go bois”

8 Likes

It might be worse than this. There might be a story ahead for the Alliance that is as bad as the Horde one. And I don’t just mean you have to work with Sylvanas, I mean “hit with the villain bat just like the Horde was”,

The bottom line is that things simply can’t continue the way they are for Blizzard to get back the Horde players they have lost. There will have to be some moral equalization of the factions. In spite of what some Alliance posters want, there aren’t enough people who are willing to play the villains for them.

So what happens?
-Blizzard is as clueless as they seem, do nothing significant, and the game suffers more. Sadly this is what probably will happen. We will finish out Garrosh 2.0 and Blizzard will try and pretend that there aren’t any consequences and the game either manages to pull back up to sustainable levels or it doesn’t.
-Blizzard actually has the Horde become heroic, and do heroic things, on its own terms and its own initiative. Ironically, this is what Alliance players should be praying for. They should be saying “Yes, Alliance characters following Baine and Saufang as they set things right is perfectly fine”. Because anything else will be worse. These proposals to keep hitting the Horde with villain bat aren’t going to happen and would probably the last straw for the game if they did.
-Blizzard does try to balance things. But they use their usual level of nuance (ie. non at all). They have some popular Alliance character go all racist murderer and commit atrocities and have to be put down with the help of the Horde.

I wouldn’t get too complacent about what Horde players have to deal with and why it doesn’t matter because it didn’t happen to you. Because it still might.

14 Likes

Hard pass. I dont care if Azeroth dies without their help, or it makes Blanduin sad.

I want an option just to throw it back in their faces.

4 Likes

Overkilling sidekick Horde is something none of us want. Burning down a Horde village? Sure, a lot of us can live with that.

1 Like

And we love you too.

1 Like

I am sure you will get the same level of choice we got when we got hit by the villain bat.

11 Likes

Funny that you say that, because I’d bet you’ll be one of the most vocal in opposition if say … “The Avatar of Elune’s Vengeance” decides to prioritize vengeance over the fate of Azeroth; resulting in the “United Front” failing and the return of the Black Empire. You say you would prefer that, but if it actually happened … you’d absolutely go bonkers and call out Blizz for kicking the NEs again.

7 Likes

Oh, you mean like picking a boat name to win over Blanduin’s favor? Much choice.

And I’d say never go to Vegas, cause you’d get fleeced.

1 Like

And lets talk reality. That is not going to happen. And really virtually all ways the Horde could pay would not effect that at all. And what is more, I don’t think many (if any) want that.

This pretty much says:

Because it is made repeatedly clear that the Horde player is not the bad one. While it is not as blatant as it was in Cata and MoP there are a lot of ‘Horde is not bad, it is just Sylvanas’ repeated over and over.

Beyond that most of the Alliance story regarding the Horde is par for the course as it has been. Most of it is responding to the Horde. The Alliance loses a lot (like the town the Horde wipes out in Stormsong). Mostly we come in and put out fires, save the few still alive and stall further attack. The few real strikes the Alliance gets against the Horde is framed in massive cost for the win. So, basically like we have come to expect.

This is is kind of the issue. I get what you are saying, but think about that last part. The Horde started a war and the end result was a gain. I get what people claim about filling in zones, though I disagree that is a good explanation for most of the zones the Horde one (but that is a separate discussion). But we are told the Horde lost, or at least should be considered that way. But they gained from it. Now the Horde has again taken territory. We can’t end this with the Horde gaining ground again.

But that is because of how the victories are framed. The Horde get clear, we won here victories. The Alliance get costly, sometime phyeric victories. Why is UC not comparable to Teldrassil? Well, the Horde are showing to march through two Alliance zones and straight up win. There is very little talk about any real loses. And they ultimately raise Night Elf undead to fill their ranks (still can’t buy that outside of mind control, but…). The Horde chooses to burn Teldrassil killing everyone in the city. It is a clear Horde win. Now look at UC. The Alliance barely pulls it out. Blizzard even said they focused on both sides getting an equal number of successes in the fight. Lots of troops are lost. And the end result, the Horde destroys the city after evacuating everyone. Everything with the battle at UC was shown to be costly with little gain for the Alliance. It is framed that way by Blizzard. You want satisfying for the Alliance, lets have some unequivocal, straight up wins. Not requiring suicide troops. Not ending with a ‘what went wrong’ moment. Not ending with a racial leader all but dead for who knows how long. Not ending with talk about how we failed our goal. etc.

This is silly. There are competent leaders in the Horde. They would not have devolved to chaos without her. They would have picked a new leader or simply worked together like a council. The Horde would have been fine. They may have even been more effective.

Again, no reason to believe the Horde would be disorganized. And there is zero evidence that Sylvanas sent the Sin’dorei. It is far more likely that was choice Lor’themar made considering the whole Highborne history.

1 Like

In all this hot sauce of Sylvanas, I wonder why few mention her command to Lorthemar leads to the apparent Downfall of Azshara?

She sent Lorthemar and Nathanos on a “trust me” mission, in the hopes that the Alliance would follow blindly. Which they do.

With all the convoluted flights of fancy going on in these data mine fields, it seems clear Sylvanas’s command leads to Azshara’s downfall.

2 Likes

and it leads to azshara using our heart of azeroth in freeing n’zoth. that really isn’t a net gain for us.

nzoth and his minions wanted us there because our necklace was they key to his freedom, sure we defeated azshara but our presence there also allows something far worse to be unleashed upon azeroth. azshara was just a pawn towards that end and so were we

4 Likes