[Spoilers] Looks like more villain bat

sure, but we would also have to deal with his wrath if sylvanas was successful in pissing him off. and i rather not deal with him, the only times we fight him is when he is going easy on us, he has shown he has enough power to turn us into bloody paste.

He gives it too us before Skovald arrives. Personally I doubt he would have given Skovald the Shield. He cheated too much. Plus considering Odyn tried to have Skovald’s who family assassinated after, he clearly didn’t like the guy.

That said, he did plently. His Valar’jar, his personal army, was the Warrior Order Hall. His forces definitely fought on the front lines of the war. In fact technically, though we don’t see them much, many watchers were involved in the war.

No when we fight him in ToV he goes all out and we best him. He goes easy on us in the dungeon version.

and he stops the fight before it reaches his conclusion, and thats not even talking about what he does to poor shadow priests

Yeah he gave us the shield, then Skovald showed up and said give me the shield, and Odyn was all. “Fight for it.” As much as a jerk as he is, he wouldn’t give someone the chance to fight for something then not give it to them if they won.

Yeah, cause we prove we can beat him so he calls it over. That was the test to know we were worthy of fighting Helya.

i would laugh if he did

Same, but it’s not very “glorious” of him, lying to someone in front of all his followers.

technically its not in front of his followers, we kinda killed them. also i absolutely dont think such jerkness is beneath him

We’'re in his halls where his boys can’t die, it’s just a friendly scrap clearing out the dungeon. Minus Fenrir, I think? Or that might still be a thing cause I think I remember Fenrir getting a mention at being around during the hunter mount quest, i think.

You are completely ignoring the quote I posted from the Forsaken journal that you give directly to Greymane. He didn’t know what exactly Sylvanas was after, but he knew she was trying to steal the power of something for herself which is only ever bad for everyone else.

Azsuna happens before Stormheim so Genn knew he was going there to kill her and stop her from whatever power grab she was trying to succeed in. Those quests you posted are just Blizzard sucking balls at continuity because they wanted players to be able to pick whichever zone they wanted when questing through Legion. But story-wise Azsuna happens first which is how Genn knows what Sylvanas is up to in Stormheim, and it’s why he goes there.

The Alliance was outraged because it was total bullcrap writing. We don’t mind being morally gray if it makes sense. But Blizzard made the Alliance go full idiot mode. Like oh the Horde are the ones responsible for attacking us and committing genocide??? LET’S ATTACK THE VULPERA!!! What? How does that make sense Blizzard?

6 Likes

On the flip-side the Horde also finds that journal and returns it to the Forsaken.

So that journal is already more of a headache than it’s worth and probably best to ignore.

12 Likes

its probably a left over back when there was a strict sequence in which you had to do the zones, being able to choose which one to do only came about later in development

2 Likes

I believe I remember reading somewhere back when Legion was fresh that that was the case, I think it was meant to be like a circle, of Azsuna, Val, high Mountain then Stormheim, but they changed rather late in the development to be whatever you wanted to work with the scaling tech.

1 Like

im glad they let us do any zone we wanted in any order, but that kinda made the journal super confusing

Yeah, and letting both factions get it to me at least, makes it null and void. We don’t have a confirmation of who got it, so it’s kind of moot.

i think the thinking behind it is that technically only your character is canon in the story that you play. so both can get it because horde players/alliance players are not canon in your story

1 Like

Which doesn’t really fix the idea of what side got the journal. There is only one in the context of the overall story, but both factions have a chance at it. I would say it makes a little more sense for the Horde to have it, as you rescue the Forsaken sailors, which wouldn’t leave them there for the alliance pc to kill.

Now if only I hadn’t been also made the villain in my own story.

12 Likes