[SPOILERS]Gilnean heritage

Alright here are some images of the heritage, i hope it doesn’t become a long post, i will try to skip the most and get the “important”

is not complete of course but i think that this is the most interestings screens

-Tess wants the worgen curse
-Genn refuses
-mia sends her to duskwood to get it “in a good way”.
-a nelfs who is trying to find a cure ask for help.
-we summon goldrinn who helps tess to enter the dream
-tess dreams about the day that gilneas fell.
-Tess tries to control her rage.
-Then, she ask goldrinn to remove the curse.

i will try to post some screenshots.

(i hate the shoulders, everything else is cool)
and here is the wowhead post,Lol.

7 Likes

I wish she got the curse. It’d be more interesting for me. I dunno why blizz decided to not have her turn worgen?

25 Likes

Yeah, Blizzard has horribly mishandled the Worgen curse since the race’s inception in Cata.

12 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

19 Likes

You have a good mog, Ethel.

3 Likes

OMFG it doesn’t even look good with the tabard

4 Likes

Once you remove the shoulderpads, it actually doesn’t look that bad.

4 Likes

It’s so obvious the Worgen heritage armor was rushed.

10 Likes

Someone on a discord I’m in took a pic of my Worgen in the heritage armor and redid the colors and edited some of the bottom pieces a bit more. While it’s not amazing it’s still a really nice draft of what I wish they went with.

tinyurl.com/betterarmor

Much better color scheme and I really wish the set resembled a trenchcoat more. The gauntlets should be more armored and the shoulders should resemble Genn’s master skin from HotS. Overall I’m very disappointed that the most important parts of the armor, the shoulders and helmet, are the worst designed to me. The shoulders are bad, but I think the hat is incredibly meh as well because it’s so tiny on Worgen males.

4 Likes

Wow, that is beautiful. Probably would clip terribly should it be implemented in game, but really great work in that pic!

4 Likes

Is it just me or are Blizz deliberately trying to piss off as many PC races as possible? The NEs storyline gets swept under a rug. The Goblins get round two of the Lost Isles, and arbitrarily keep Gallywix in charge AGAIN. The Worgen have Tess inheriting the Worgen curse, then “curing” it. The Forsaken get Calia Menethil set up as their leader. Just … wow…

14 Likes

It would perhaps work fine and nicely if it were treated like a cape and maybe even take up the cape slot.

But even just touching up the colors would be fine enough with me, they are way too vibrant and rich whereas the Worgen/Gilnean motif works better with muted down moody colors.

Still beyond me why they didn’t try shoulders more like this
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BDUBnzaSpsI/maxresdefault.jpg

3 Likes

Totally agree on the colours. I honestly don’t get how Blizzard’s employees can nail the aesthetic of the race in one game, but totally miss the mark in the parent game -_-

4 Likes

Yeah none of these heritage armors do anything to really build on the races or change their status in anyway, it’s like they’re determined to just keep them in a fixed and frozen status with no progression or anything being rebuilt ever.

I rank this questline a 7/10 but that goes for all of the questlines because they just feel like secondary filler content as the design team focus on what they really care about, which is big over the top storylines trying to be like a Marvel movie or Game of Thrones.

1 Like

God help me that looks so much better it hurts.

2 Likes

Does the Kul’tiran coat clip badly?

1 Like

Why is Nathanos in Gilneas?

I think Goldrinn is messing with the dream/memory to show Tess that worgen strength isn’t everything and to drive her into a rage to show the curse’s drawbacks.

Now, why that’s a good thing for the story - through the worgen’s patron demigod - to tell all the worgen players, that’s another question…

5 Likes

The old one did. Not aware about the design that made it into live.

Bear in mind too Worgen animations as well as running wild.

He’s part of a dream Tess is having exploring the drawbacks of the curse and testing whether she can truly control the curse’s rage.

Though yes, it’d have been more fitting to have Sylvanas there in the dream because Nathanos was nowhere in Gilneas.

1 Like