*Spoilers* Dragonflight epilogue

There isn’t? What the heck I feel like every expac-ending raid since at least Cata has had post-raid gossip dialogue.

1 Like

What a waste that there isnt. But I am guessing the strike would prevent that.

That cutscene is so bad, they should have at least had odyn get some hits in, a nice back and forth, finally he decides in all “his honour” let them go to the dragon isles. Makes both of them look good

Unironically i found this so bad im starting to not pay attention to the storyline in the emerald dream now

2 Likes

I spotted Malorne in the Zone and saw Q’onzu help fight Fyrakk’s forces in the Questline! It truly looked as if everyone was coming to help!

4 Likes

So in one of the scenes it’s mentioned that Amirdrassil has “left the dream”

Any confirmation if it’s still in the zone? On Azeroth somewhere?

That’s a whole different plot. You just invented a whole new personality for Odin and assumed he’d do things honorably.

Odin is not our ally.

10 Likes

Apparently after the Raid Ebonhorn mentions Fyrakk’s Spirit not disappearing and suggests he joined the Elements that imbued him…

Fyrakk as the new Fire Lord! A Fire Lord of Shadowflame no less! The Firelands will fall to the Void next we see it!

1 Like

Plot twist. It is, just that the World tree put a life filter over it.

While I don’t mind a happy ending for the Dragons, this ending was pretty meh. Wasn’t a very proper ending for Night Elves, would have liked to see more of that heroism displayed in Tyrande, and a reason why Ysera was brought back?

Summoning all the heroes of Azeroth felt pretty wasted as well, if you’re going to copy Marvel, at least give us that Captain America, Thor and Ironman vs Thanos fight cinematic.

Elune was absent while we waged war in her backyard with the souls of her “favorite children” …

and… I guess Azeroth is awake now?

2 Likes

At this point, seeing how she did NOTHING in this patch, I think anyone still denying that she was going to be Aspect and they diverted to Merithra at the last minute after the cinematic where she came back was already done (and so locked in), is just burying their head in the sand.

2 Likes

There is the possibility that the Titan is actually the Crystal in Hallowfall and the World Soul is something else… Perhaps even a God in which case Draenor is no different as the Void Revenant in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds says that we are Maggots drawn to the corpse of a dying God.

In that case the Titans care little for the Gods that take the form of planetoids and infact are seeking Titans themselves taking the form of planetoids!

There are 3 more patches before TWW. This cinematic was just the ending of the main dragon storyline.

It was fine. The whole theme of the expansion was about disconnected and estranged families reuniting within and across the various dragonflights. The ending did its job.

3 Likes

Didn’t know she was going to be aspect, honestly. I think I saw her in the cinematic with her daughter that one time and haven’t even noticed her model being in game since.

I was just expecting Tyrande to get her Night Warrior powers back and her and Ysera being the main characters this raid considering we are literally in Elune’s backyard.

Because:

12 Likes

Okay, I’m feeling dumb and I’m blaming this on me being very, very tired.

But I genuinely don’t understand the complaints of people calling the dialogue “cheesy.”

Can you please give me a couple examples? Direct quotes from the cinemas, or the post fight dialogue, and show me how you would’ve re-written it.

I seriously need to see a visual, concrete example. Because I’ve seen this complaint floating around for years, and I never understood it. I’ve always pinned the blame on the fact that I’m not a native English speaker, but… I really do want to understand.

WHAT is so cheesy about this? How could it be written better?

Replace Nathanos with Fyrakk, this is basically what players are looking for in the story of WoW. Really cool, larger than life characters that give you a sense of hope, drive, or determination.

6 Likes

Are you asking for feedback to convey directly to Blizzard as a member of the Community Council? If so, I have words.

9 Likes

The dialogue sounds so corny. They were blessed because they came to together as a family. :cheese:

1 Like

I think a large chunk of the issue is that the fan base has mostly checked out after BFA and SL, so trying to appeal to them emotionally is a very hard sell. A big part of Kalecgos’ story is discovering the concept of family and reminding his flight of it as the blue flight had been shattered for thousands of years before he was even born. In that framing, his statement about family makes sense. People are just too checked out to be willing to expend that much energy into considering it and are generally just… very cynical of anything blizzard puts out now.

I definitely think Warcraft is having growing pains as well, as they have been splitting their teams and their responsibilities. I somewhat wonder if the tone of what we get depends on which team is creating the material in question. I also think they are trying to appeal to younger audiences with different values and whatnot, and also many the writers of those generations and so they do not really get the 90’s fantasy rock and roll big sweaty guys with bigger swords swords vibes that the game was founded on.

2 Likes

yes its in the dragon isles after defeating fyrakk