*Spoilers* Dragonflight epilogue

Also this happened with Odyn…

4 Likes

Makes sense in a way that ‘these are what helped empower us before, maybe they’ll help again’ but yeah, with no real follow up and then this seems like a missed opportunity. Maybe a .5 follow up?

3 Likes

Dialogue and it being an in-engine cutscene instead of an actual cinematic aside, my main issue really is Vyranoth. I’m not opposed to her face turn in theory but it remains incredibly sudden and shoddily done, as if a chunk of story was cut out.

Like I get it in that sense yeah. It makes sense they’d try it even if it didn’t work, that’s fine. It’s just bizarre how there hasn’t been a single peep about them at all since.

4 Likes

Vyranoth might be a problem later.

Primal incarnates were as powerful as prime aspects, and now she is empowered even further? She is easily the single most powerful dragon in Azeroth.

2 Likes

After reading the War of the Scaleborn, I love Vyranoth more now than I did before and I love how she just casually freezes Odyn likes it’s no big deal

5 Likes

At least she did not eat him. She was, of course, being diplomatic. I think she’s good, but I don’t like how this patch has played out and I wish they gave her more screen time and explained her history and why she was so quick to betray her brothers and even end the life her brother Fyrakk.

I felt the story was missing oomph and in the end, they all just held hands and sang, “Kumbaya!” I get this is supposed to be a “happy” expansion, but it feels out of place in WoW.

3 Likes

And that’s fine, but then Blizz does the war stuff and we get people complaining that they don’t want the war stuff either. It just seems bizarre to me is all. Feels like people generally don’t know what they want from WoW

2 Likes

Anyone who did the raid? What happened to Amirdrassil? (Besides “Amirdrassil has left the Dream”)

No comments from the night elves? Tyrande?

I think we’re likely going to see some followup stuff in 10.2.5 and 10.2.7, so I’m reserving my judgments until we get that completed. But so far I think it was a decent tonal and story re-grounding, so to speak, after so much unravelling of everything in BfA and especially Shadowlands.

But my preference tends to be to look at the sum of an expansion’s story, all elements, and weigh those against each other, rather than just the ending. Because endings in WoW don’t have finality.

6 Likes

The ending is the most disappointing thing I’ve ever seen. Blizzard always manages to outdo itself and unfortunately not in a positive way…

In summary, Dragonflight’s story is filler that surpasses WoD. It’s not enough that the story is bad, no, it’s even boring.

3 Likes

I too like to wax immensely hyperbolic on the Internet for likes.

2 Likes

I wonder what Malfurion does besides sleep :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t want war, but a conclusion that felt satisfactory. As if the story wasn’t going to be so obvious, we knew the dragons were hoping to regain their aspectral powers. Fine. That was the first thing with the oathstones etc, but I expected more sacrifice and more suffering to earn it. I feel like the world blessing them is nice, but they are titan made aspects, and as such it would be nice if Tyr helped them in their endeavors and more conflict with Odyn. Something that would wrap up those stories and lead to the next. That’s all I meant.

This all makes a lot more sense if you read the book. Which is super unfortunate.

It’s on my to-do list, but I’m tired of having to read a book to understand the context of something they promised would be shown in game. Here’s hoping The War Within is better!

2 Likes

The tree in theory has moved across to Azeroth. I am betting that will be shown in game during 10.2.5 though… Makes holding the PTR back make a lot more sense.

2 Likes

Vyranoth joining the crew is nice, the Aspects drawing their newfound powers from the planet itself as opposed to reverting back to being Titan minions makes decent sense. But…

But these dialogues are killing me. I would say “cheesy” is a bit of an understatement right there. There is a tone issue that has unfortunately grown to be one of the defining traits of this expansion. There is a tone issue. To argue against this is to be delusional.

8 Likes

So it does beg the question of WHERE. Assuming its not on the Dragon Isles, will it just go to Kalimdor and replace Teldrassil?

I’m still on the Uniting Elf Tribes means all Elf Zones will be in Quel’Thalas as the Midnight Continent.

That would mean the Zones of Quel’Thalas will be Amirdrassil, Eversong Woods, Ghostlands and Zul’Aman with Quel’Danas being used to introduce the Expansion and become a later Patch Zone I.E. the Forbidding Reach of the Expansion.

Blizzard did say Quel’Thalas will be made bigger for the sake of Dynamic Flying after all.

Of course any Revamp of the rest of Eastern Kingdoms would be one Continent per Expansion with Quel’Thalas being the first Continent done while Lordaeron, Khaz Modan and Azeroth are the later Continents for their own Expansions and made bigger to facilitate them.

I wish so hard there were “stay awhile and listen” options for these groups.

14 Likes