*Spoilers* Dragonflight epilogue

Most of that comes down to them viewing WoW as a game about heroes doing superheroic things, and not a game of nations with which you, the Adventurer, serve. That is why we are now super cosmic heroes who prevented two omnicides of the multiverse now. To them it makes perfect sense to compress entire nations into singular superhero representatives.

It is sorta weird we do not run azeroth at this point ourselves.

3 Likes

I believe we saw Lor’themar fighting on Horde Naz’jatar, though my memory may be failing me.

Possibly it was neutral since I recall Genn being there too but I did Naz once on each side when it was new and not since

1 Like

Fair. Though I’d also toss that to ‘we’re trapped here, time to get murdering’ rather than seeking out a front line to go play soldier in.

1 Like

Would also apply to the heritage quest Belfadin bits, yeah, I can see distinguishing those vs. power projection.

1 Like

I was avoiding the spoilers for a while in hopes to see the cutscenes in-game but I’m tired of waiting for the LFR wing to open for Fyrakk.

I’m glad I didn’t bother waiting. It’s pretty cheesy and honestly kinda hokey the way they’re all finishing each others sentences and whatnot which goes with the kumbaya vibe of Dragonflight, I hope they leave that vibe behind for the War Within. It’s at least a better conclusion than the Jailer’s death scene, I’ll give it that much.

Random story point takeaways:
I’m glad my main girl Vyranoth gets uplifted with the rest of the Aspects, what a boss.
Is Azeroth not a titan?
Did Fyrakk just fall down and die with no dialogue and it just cuts to this scene? Seems kinda janky?

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the heads of state appearing on the front lines if it is meaningful. Varian’s appearance and subsequent death was emotional and meaningful. He made a sacrifice to give us a chance to defeat Legion.

The Aspects appear to talk about fee-fees and look too happy, cute, and overly-moisturized. Look at Ysera’s death cinematic in Legion with Elune lifting her spirit up to the sky and making it a constellation - still gives me teary eyes - the music, the mood, the ambience - that was a work of art. And compare Alextrasza whining through the entire Dragonflight expansion and getting her a-- kicked continuously.

There is nothing epic or dangerous about the aspects. They all sound and behave like our peers.