(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

He’s wrong tho the nelf player pop is still the same nobody actually cares about the story elesans insane rambling won’t change the fact that nelf will always be the 3rd most popular race in the game

1 Like

Is it? I thought with realm pop down since BfA (coincidentally :roll_eyes:) we only have indirect methods of estimating?

What I believe is that if they’d know that it makes Night Elf players sad that those souls were destroyed, they’ll double down on it by also destroying those souls in Ardenweald at some point.

Well but we know already? Sylvanas gets her redemption and Tyrande loses. It’s in the 9.1 PTR and the redemption part in an interview. Tyrande also sleeps for the rest of the patch and the next step will be her losing her powers, meaning that it was completely useless in the end for her to become the Night Warrior.

That and they’re just being mean

Their bills are paid anyway, because the higher ups at Blizzard seemingly don’t like Night Elves either or don’t care about that fanbase at all. They likely also ordered Teldrassil in the first place.

Who knows, if they keep getting away with it why not? Or if the higher ups are even in support of it.

So far, I can only be sure about the art / customization team not hating Night Elves at Blizzard, because they gave them good customizations in Shadowlands.

Well, they did get their sigil, and Sylvanas seemingly leaves unharmed on her own conditions, and Tyrande is near dead.

While her redemption might not be this patch, it’s already set in stone, therefore we also won’t defeat her or bring her to justice.

They are also making Tyrande sleep for the rest of the patch, they know exactly what they’re doing.
There’s no reason to believe that this is going to get better for Night Elves in any shape or form.

That would imply that they’d also be eager to address it properly afterwards, and not either ignore it or double down on it. If you take away everything from a race and let them go through such a tragedy, you’d have to start building it back up afterwards and not make it even worse with the whole soul torture and obliteration thing, Tyrande losing, Sylvanas getting away etc…

That is something I suggested in my other post here, where I rewrote the Night Elf story after the Burning of Teldrassil. Instead they chose the boring route and let Tyrande share her powers with formers Night Warriors that we’ve never heard of before, that weren’t even Night Elves.

The problem is that those are named NPC’s, so the “X turtles made it to the water” like in BfA doesn’t work.

1. Night Elves are the second most popular race in the game
  2. That doesn’t have do to with anything stated here

I don’t like people playing a victim, but it is whatever. I get more annoyed with them playing opinion as fact to do it.

Or failing to understand writers can write bad things happening without an hate invested. I doubt Tolkien hated humans.

2 Likes

I’d refrain from taking the ramblings of this madhouse as any kind of “fact”. So far there is nothing, despite what Luxio might think, that points towards Sylvanas being redeemed. And I mean nothing.

After kicking bass and taking names. A well deserved rest.

We’ll see, but somehow I doubt that they will simply remove her powers and call it a day. When two people tried to share that power they both died. I’m guessing that the solution will involve an absolute ton of people to offload all the power. Perhaps that power will then be used for the betternment of the Night elves in a more productive way.

You don’t get to become numero uno by being petty and mean. The writers would have been fired if that was their intention.

I doubt the shareholders care about the game or it’s story at all. They care about money. And people leaving means less money.

There’s still that Danuser interview where he said that Sylvanas redemption will be nuanced…

After arriving in Ardenweald, losing to Sylvanas and failing to protect the sigil…

Well in the Ardenweald campaign we kind of already learned that it will be, if anything, split between former Night Warriors. I find that really underwhelming considering that those are just newly invented NPCs that aren’t even part of night elf history to begin with.

I’d be really curious about what you think about my take about it:

Well again, maybe nobody in the upper department cares or they even support the hatred…
The writers don’t give me a single reason to believe that they don’t hate the Night Elves.

1 Like

I don’t think there were ever any solid numbers for the Night Elves were there? Whether that be how many died in WoT/Teldrassil or their souls that are saved. Blizz really doesn’t go into solid numbers for these types of things usually. The last time i remember them giving any type of ACTUAL number for deaths was in some story post WOTLK. There was a memorial in Stormwind and Varian or someone mentioned that Stormwind lost 50,000 soldiers in Northrend. That was quite some time ago though, and the way they retcon things nowadays cough Chronicle cough who even knows if that’s still the case.

The only other time than that i remember numbers being given was actually in reference to the First War when the Orcs first assaulted Stormwind City. They also lost 50,000 soldiers before having to retreat.

Other than that i don’t remember any solid numbers ever being given. And in some cases the scaling/representation of “numbers” have been pretty weird. Like the bulk of Theramore’s Civilian population escaping on ONE single ship.

Theramore, which was the WC3 Human’s counterpart to Orgrimmar. I know Theramore was portrayed pretty small ingame but still really goofy if you ask me lol.

3 Likes

Are you kidding me? Corporate america thrives on being petty and mean and cutthroat and vicious. Look at how Afrasiabi alone responded when asked why Garrosh got villain batted back in Cata/Mists era.

Petty Lupone! Petty Crocker! I Can’t Believe It’s Not Petty! Petty Davis!

3 Likes

Not when it makes people leave the game out of frustration, such as what i’m quite certain happened with Teldrassil. The complete lack of resolution to that mess probably hasn’t helped in bringing back those who left.
But again, I highly doubt there is a person on the Blizzard writing team who hates Night elves and want to see it’s players suffer, although their mistakes and misteps have been so grave I don’t blame Ethriel for thinking that.

2 Likes

Metzen was a die hard Nelf fan boy and a lot of post Metzen WoW can honestly be seen as the team hitting what he loved the most (Night Elves, Forsaken, Orc-centrism on the Horde, etc)

And no, in corporate America to get ahead you have to be petty and vicious, especially when your skillset and job isn’t on the “engineering”/“doing stuff” side of things but mostly Brain Trust.

7 Likes

I wish there were other night elfes to cheer for. Why must it be Tyrande. I can’t stand her. When I was doing my quest line for legion, all she did is bossing me around, talk down on me and distrust me cause I’m a Nightborne, while I was risking my life for her Husband… I like Maiev much more. I wish they would kept her in the story.

Not to mention, now, I MUST go to the MAW just to save her.
I love Ysera and the only reason I am not changing covenant just to avoid this story with Tyrande is because of her.

Tyrande was the most unlikable character for me so far. I would have no problems with her, if I can just avoid her story all together… but go figure, if you have Night Fae this would make sense… sigh…
I will just go back to be at zen zone with my Panda with my Kyrian covenant and enjoy the bliss of calmness. I did this to myself. I wanted a Nightborne hunter… man… should have thought it through better…

2 Likes

I’m going to enjoy this a lot more than I should.

3 Likes

My favorite thing about Tyrande is that players # 1 complaint about her was how she treated you, particularly if you are Horde, in Legion. Everyone hated being forced to cooperate with a character that clearly hates your guts.

Then what does Blizzard do?

Forces Horde players to cooperate with Tyrande again…be scolded…again…in Ardenweald if you are a member of that covenant.

Brilliant.

(also insert Jaina, Brann etc. characters that talk down to Horde players just because they are Horde).

It’s probably my least favorite part of the unifaction storylines, following around famous powerful Alliance characters that act like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to help them.

10 Likes

That was Golden, whilst simultaneously labeling the act as genocide. Not her best work.

1 Like

It is bad. I miss the way Cata handled faction stuff.

1 Like

There are other options. Nightborn look pretty good in the Necro armor, and death chakrams is gorgeous. Venthyr hunters are getting a buff (considerably good for BM and SV according to Dawnspirit-wyrmrest-accord but Im not a number cruncher) and Bastion is pretty decent for PvP.

WS is OP for AoE damage, but nerfing it would feel bad at the top end because hunters are so undertuned right now. That doesnt mean the other covenants are bad. Far from it. Play any of the others.

Cringe, genocides have levels of success and all of the are bad

Sure, but its the same as Godwins Law. You dont even whisper the term genocide unless you want to shut down the debate. In a game where more than half your players are in the genocide camp, it was a horrible writing decision.

5 Likes

Genocide has been a part of the horde for a long time and even then didn’t stop players from wanting to side with sylvanas boy did blizzard have a laugh about that

Way to prove me wrong.