(Spoilers) Ardenweald, Tyrande, Elune and Sylvanas

Maybe not, but I don’t think anyone else has been so thoroughly blasted in-game by the opposing faction while also being a playable race. There’s a lot of compounding factors as to why this was made into such an emotionally charged thing for nelf fans. I personally think they’re owed a “clean” win otherwise it just feels like a pittance and more kicking them while they’re down.

It’d be similar to playing through what happened with the draenei on MU Draenor, but imagine people have also been playing their draenei characters for well over a decade and are invested in the racial lore and zones before the orcs roll in and wipe everything out.

11 Likes

It was part of the MoP Throne of Thunder arc, the Blood Elves gained the ability to make those Blood Golems, and Jaina got her staff empowered. While it’s not explicitly implied to be the cause of her getting stronger, it’s framed as a major upgrade in the narrative.

Alternatively, one could reference her training with Aegwynn as a power boost that came with no strings.

6 Likes

I know where it’s from. I’m merely saying that quest continuity is…inconsistent with Blizzard. Jaina’s probably stronger because Blizzard increased her narrative importance.

1 Like

Distinctly possible, but my point was more that in the narrative at the time, many main characters have gained what was framed as big boosts in power without any sort of string attached.

In fact, I can’t think of a single other instance where a major character gained a big power boost or some strong artifact and it had such a downside without there being some form of payoff sooner. Even Illidan never really had downsides to consuming the Skull of Gul’dan except for some nebulous ‘loss’ of his soul.

9 Likes

Did anything even come about from that power-up she got? It was kind of just a quest we did and then nothing happened after that as far as I’m aware.

Anyone else see the obvious parallels between the OP of this thread …

… and the OP of this thread ?:point_down:

:pancakes:

10 Likes

Garrosh? Or did he suppress the madness of the Old Gods?

There was only a CGI video for such a “tragedy” …

1 Like

Em… And where should the link lead? To the forum?

Actually that’s another example of a powerup with no downside, because canonically actually controlled that power and completely mastered it. He wasn’t corrupted at all, he literally took on Old God powers and harnessed them through sheer force of will.

With zero downsides that came from the power he took on.

6 Likes

BfA. Battle for Ardenweald.

1 Like

Did the Winter Queen just surrender her sigil to the Mawsworn in exchange for the Wildseeds right while Tyrande was in the middle of driving Sylvanas and Death off?

Oh wow, Blizzard fails to yet again show how the Night Warrior was a power-up.

Shocking, I tell you!

18 Likes

something something,

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.

gl hf

The Night Warrior continues to be the biggest joke that can’t win a single battle against anything with a proper name. Nameless goons? Easy peasy, they get deleted. But if they have a name, look out Tyrande. Better let the players whittle them down to 15% HP or so before you can finish them off.

But this is par for the course for Blizzard’s writing in the past couple years. “Yeah, showing a few dozen dead mobs around where Tyrande was is a big fist-pump moment for night elf fans, I figure. Anyway, Sylvanas beats her and achieves her objectives and escapes. Let’s talk about getting her a new model, she’s gone nearly 1 whole patch cycle without one.”

Ysera’s eyes are blue after getting made into part of Ardenweald.
Also, don’t trust Void entities.

19 Likes

You messed up your link.

I assume you’re talking about that Night Elf poster who quit twice, came back on an alt, quit again, and probably came back as OP?

4 Likes

You speak Elesana?

2 Likes

Maybe. Part of me hopes she actually moved on though.

2 Likes

seems more trustworthy than a random ethereal & dreadlord team, yet seemingly “void sees all possibilities as truth” taken as if they are the most reliable sources.

Green might be metaphorical, if the WQ herself is jealous of something related to her sister, whoever that is. And green might be just related to dragonflight. As once Wrathion said:

Your eyes do not deceive you…the treacherous red dragonflight sought to kill me off! I hope now you see the truth about them.

So, who knows where could it go. (both dragonflights related to the same power source)

gl hf

Am I missing something here?

This certainly can change, but with all the missing content and the current dialogue in the corner … it sort of appears that the conjoined forces of the covenants were being overwhelmed up until that cutscene point; and then Tyrande appears and all the enemy forces disappear? And that its sort of implied that she single handedly pushed them back? With the WQ actually being the one to drop the ball by essentially hiding the mcguffin stone elsewhere in Ardenweald and that was hit while everyone else was defending that specific quest point?

5 Likes

You’re not missing anything, with so much of the content not implemented, the cinematic obviously not up, that video shows a lot of stuff that’s simply out of context until we know how it really goes down

4 Likes