Spoilers: Anduin's stupidity

If Sylvannas has no allegiance with the horde, then nothing stopped Tyrande from signing a peace treaty with a faction that wants no more hostile interactions with your people, It’s common sense to forge a common front, set priority targets (Sylvannas) and get things done, but Tyrande is acting in Tyrande fashion, being reckless and stupid and is guaranteed to reignite the hostilities between the horde and the alliance in the next xpack.

I seriously hope she gets Garroshed in the near future.

1 Like

Maybe because the Horde were in fact entirely supportive of Sylvanas up until she literally told them they suck? They aren’t innocent victims or some Oskar Schindler saboteur.

15 Likes

I mean she is right to continue the war if the horde refuses to give the lands back that they have invaded unrightfully and make up for their most recent genocide.

Why would she sign a treaty that includes absolutely nothing for her people? Besides, a treaty has never stopped the horde from attacking in the past.

10 Likes

I agree to most of your statememt except for this part. If anything I think it is high time Tyrande be given the Genn(and later Varian) treatment. Where in she is forced to choose between vengence or saving something she loves.

In Genn’s case he sacrificed his vengence to save his people. In Varian’s case he sacrifice the kill on Zaela to save Jaina. I really love Varian for that, especially how he ends up mentioning how matbe someone else may kill her or not but right now helping someone else was more important.

Ultimately, the Alliance has been told time and time again, vengence cant be part of what it is and for good reason most of the Time. Justice certain, but not the pursuit of cold blooded vengence. People say the Alliance has never had to give up anything for it’s moral highground. I say the price has been fairly steep, it has to forgo vengence for a promise of a better future.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s quite that simple. The Old Gods want to return the universe to the state it was before Creation, by undoing and unraveling it.

It’s not just a matter of conquest, or even extermination, they find our very reality intolerable.

Old gods are just minions not sure they care that much about the grabd scsle its their masters that want cosmic change. Also i think in Chronicle the base unformed state of the universe was the light.

Tyrande is, more than likely, going to take action against the the Horde in some way, shape or form and that’s what will be the basis of the Horde/Alliance conflict moving forward as they deal with the next threat. Gonna make things harder for Anduin moving forward which will be interesting. He wants peace while some on his side want vengeance.

Personally I hope both she and Genn takes action against the Forsaken because it gives Calia more of a sensible reason to switch over and to become more scornful toward the Alliance.

On that matter I also hope the Zandalari are not satisfied that there is peace, given that there King died, as well. They should look for some vengeance in their own way against the Horde’s wishes.

More conflict the better. Having everything lubby dubby between the factions won’t make it any fun to watch as they face off against the next threat.

1 Like

Yep. The Alliance characters who want peace with the Horde are objectively in the right, because the writers set it up that way. This whole war story was stuck in the shadow of larger threats since the beginning. First it was “the planet’s dying”, and now “N’Zoth is free”, and in the near future, the threat of “Sylvanas’s master plan” looms on the horizon. It’s clearly not in the best interest of anyone to continue the war.

If things were different and the full focal point of the expansion was the Alliance/Horde war, then that would make the current Alliance story pretty interesting. Anduin wouldn’t so obviously be in the right. I suspect more would follow Tyrande, definitely Genn and Shandris would. So here, there’s a real struggle between Anduin’s ideals for peace and the pragmatic voices who (rightfully) don’t trust the Horde to keep the peace…because we’ve been here before and they didn’t. None of that matters now because of N’Zoth and the other larger threats. Anduin and those that want peace represent both the idealist option and also the pragmatist one.

2 Likes

There has never been a danger of that happening.

They’re pretty transparently setting up her and Malfurion to be corrupted and killed, so that Shandris can replace both of them. She’s vaguely British, loves humans, and supports Anduin wholeheartedly. She’s the ideal Alliance racial leader.

7 Likes

Nowdays, you can’t be a racial leader without having unique character model art.

So when Wowhead datamines her unique art assets, that’s when we’ll know , XD

2 Likes

And once that happens, she’ll suffer Blizzard’s Female Elven Leader curse. I mean look at the record so far, Azshara, Sylvannas, Alleria, Thylassra, Tyrande. It really isn’t a good road to hoe.

6 Likes

The Horde was complicit in the crimes against her people. They are nothing more then rabid beasts. They are so easily convinced that genocide is good. They will go along with their leader and goose step their way into the next war.

11 Likes

I know an easier way. Dont villain bat Tyrande and let her actually reap some consequences for actively and willingly participating in a genocide.

5 Likes

We haven’t had any both sides come together this much than we’ve ever seen. Even in MoP, there was a lot of spitefulness between the factions at the end of SoO. Varian even stated if the Horde failed to uphold honor like Garrosh did then he would end the Horde.

Now it’s more about coming together than it has ever been. Anduin giving speeches in Org. Save but a couple factions in the Alliance(Nelves/Worgen) and the Zandalari there’s no tension at all and it has been to an all time low, save for maybe WoD.

We’re also having an ally to Anduin and the Proudmoores in Calia switching toward the Horde and leading the Forsaken? The lack of tension moving forward is a little concerning and I am hoping that they can script it so sensibly because right now there’s little reason for the factions to be at odds moving forward and more reasoning for the factions to come together moving forward.

They have made it difficult for themselves moving forward.

There’s a 6 foot tall dark-eyed reason who’s made her intentions quite plain.

Yeah. Go after Sylvanas. Just like everyone else.

4 Likes

Tyrande however is not willing to separate the Horde from her. If she had gotten the chance, she probably would have ended Saurfang before Sylvannas did.

Not that I blame her. But maybe this was why Anduin may have allowed her to sideline herself at Darkshore.

But if Saurfang had not been ended by Sylvaanns, nothing would have dissuaded this character from going after him herself. As she will remind anyone, Saurfang was the architect of the decimation of Ashenvale.

3 Likes

Uh That post you initially replied to outlined possible outcomes that could help cause tension if you didn’t read it in its entirety. One of those outcomes I mentioned was a 6 foot tall dark eyed reason and Genn attacking Calia/the Forsaken creating conflict and giving Calia a sensible reason to have leave the Alliance and join the Horde as the Forsaken leader. Right now having someone so closely aligned with the Alliance joining the Horde without any sort of animosity makes it seem like the factions are coming together overbearingly so.

Having one person starting the conflict might be a bad idea since Garrosh and Sylvanas did the same thing and got pointed as bad guys that everyone turned against. This is where someone like Genn can come in and help the Nelves and the Zandalari can also not be content with the outcome.

Until Sylvanas is hunted down. Which, once again, everyone is after. In addition to that, with Tyrande’s total focus in Sylvanas, for all the lipservice of the Horde being bad, Tyrande hasn’t shown any resources being used against the rest of the Horde.

In short, it will probably go something like:
Tyrande: The Horde is bad! No peace until Sylvanas is dead! Tunnel vision on hunting Sylvanas!
Tyrande: Sylvanas is dead. And incidentally, since we tunnel visioned exclusively on her and so didn’t attack anyone else, now there can be peace.

If anything that’s one of the few thankful things about Saurfang’s death, making it so Tyrande couldn’t have stopped the peace efforts between Saurfang and Anduin by killing him.

7 Likes