Spoilers: Anduin's stupidity

Is it? Remember, Sylvanas had the support of the majority of the Horde right up to the end. To think she does not still have strong support among the Horde is crazy. In fact, we know she does still have loyalist among the Horde ranks. From Tyrande’s perspective, there is reason to think that Sylvanas could again seize control the Horde, or at least a portion of it. So, until that is put down no treaty could be trusted. And there is no reason to believe the Horde is really focused on taking her out.

My hope is someone trips over that bump.

What I would like to see at this point is after Sylvanas is put down Tyrande agrees to treaty talks. She then puts bad terms for the Horde. Withdraws form and sacrifice of claims on areas and such. Have several Horde leaders balk at the terms. But have someone, like Thrall stand up and say, ‘No, this is how we do better. This is how we pay for our sins.’ Then agree to the terms and do something beyond what was asked.

We really, really need to see the Horde not just saying they are different, but actively showing they are.

25 Likes

All of this. Every last word.

6 Likes

Also, it’s exactly what Sylvanas would want. I don’t know if Anduin and the other leaders know that yet though.

Remember back in Wrath, when we didn’t have to hold hands with the other faction we had every right to hate to beat the big bad, and could even face off with them in the final raid?

I miss that.

5 Likes

We didn’t have a cowardly noob Leader back then.

2 Likes

Except no. That’s not how it went down in Wrath.

The Argent Tournament was Tirion’s attempt to get us to stop figthing each other and focus on the Lich King. The Airship battle was straight up both sides making the hilarious stupid decision to kill each other, right outside the Citadel against a foe that raises corpses, all for the perceived glory of being the ones to take down the Lich King.

3 Likes

Yeah all of this.

Tyrande will probably be treated as wrong because the story is crap, but it’s still the kind of characterization I respect out of her so far. It’s the kind of characterization I wish Genn had gotten at the end of MoP instead of just quietly agreeing to a treaty and reparations that never happened.

10 Likes

Here’s what you seem to be missing out on. Tyrande has pretty much said that she is at war with the Horde ENTIRE until Sylvannas gets what’s coming to her, not just the Banshee Queen, but all of the Horde, every single one of them. Whatever faction they’re apart of. She’s even at war with the cute little fox people.

Sounds like you see what we all see.

2 Likes

Can the writers kill Anduin and replace with a not gary stu/boy scout character?

10 Likes

Gary Stu was his Hero Chin Dad.

Or maybe since he was more of a body builder, Varian was Arnold Stu?

They had to kill varian to not give the alliance a satisfying story again, ever.

Varian would’ve tried to exterminate the Horde like the cowardly murderers they are.

No, he would have made peace, because the writers wanted peace and the characters will always conform to the storyline set out by the writers.

These aren’t real people. They don’t make decisions. They just enact the decisions that the story path demand be made.

10 Likes

Remember Anduin has at least 1 more lie to tell us.

CAN’T TRUST THAT BOY KING.

1 Like

Except it’s exactly how it went down? We were still at war at the time. It’s just that each side mostly ignored one another on the way up to the citadel.

We didn’t have Jaina and Thrall make a heart shape with their hands and blast away the Lich King with the power of interspecies love, which is where we’re headed in BfA it seems.

I think blizz forgot the three lies thing.

4 Likes

Maybe one might want to dial down on the hyperbole a bit?

But the story went out of its way to point out that yes we were at war, but that war was a stupid thing to be distracted by when there were forces that would kill everything. Hell you mentioned we ignored each other going up the Citadel, ignoring the fact we had a big bloody battle almost as soon as we left the lower spire ending with one of the factions airships getting blown out of the sky.

We weren’t cheered for being at each other’s throats, we were told constantly that it was risking everything.

3 Likes

She’ll be treated as Wrong because she is continuing her war against a Horde which has repudiated Sylvannas and the other main architect of the War of Thorns is dead.

3 Likes

Also, you know, there is an Old God on the loose that wants to enslave us all. We should probably go deal with that.

It would be nice if Blizzard added a “continue war” option for those that don’t want the peace treaty. It ends with N’zoth winning because what did people think would happen? Would be a nice way to teach people about consequences.