Spoilers: Anduin's stupidity

2 of the Alliance’s leaders have suffered from Sylvanas. The Horde has, the Forsaken have.

But for some reason he dismissed Tyrande’s quest for vengeance of Sylvanas because now’s the time for P E A C E! And made her leave angrily.

Even though later we find out he dispatched the whole SI:7 to find her, the Kul Tiran fleet, etc… So why couldn’t he say to Tyrande, ''You’ll have your vengeance, we’re searching. Instead of ‘‘No, P E A C E!’’

She literally said ‘‘I’ll sign no treaty unless it’s with the Banshee’s blood’’.

I mean, what does he expect to do when they find her other than kill her? Somehow find some stupid reason to redeem her?

Will Taran Zhu appear out of nowhere and say ‘‘LET HER STAND TRIAL IN PANDARIA’’ and he’ll happily comply?

40 Likes

I am pretty sure Anduin’s armistice is only to the Horde. From Tyrande’s dialog she still holds the Horde responsible too.

4 Likes

Yeah Tyrande mentions the Horde as a whole as first.

Anduin: The armistice is signed. At long last, the Fourth War is over.
Tyrande: No. Not while the Black Moon still cries out for vengeance. Not until the Horde has answered for its treachery.
Anduin: Further bloodshed will not bring back the fallen. We must renew our hope and forge a future for those who survived.
Tyrande: And when the next warchief musters an army, will hope save you if it is Stormwind that burns?
Anduin: I know it’s difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can–
Tyrande: Your faith is naive, lion son. I will sign no treaty unless it is written in the Banshee’s blood!

Then she seems to let up and focus only on Sylvanas. Which is why I thought any reasonable leader would have been like ‘‘Yeah Sylvanas will get what’s coming to her, for now chillax we’ll catch her as soon as we can’’

14 Likes

I believe Tyrande is rejecting the notion of an armistice with the HORDE until such a time that Sylvanas is dealt with. She is of the mind to actively continue being in conflict with them at least until their previous Warchief and her lacky (the last two MAJOR architects of this war) are dealt with.

I’ll give her one thing. With how decimated her people truly are right now, her quest for vengeance is a wee bit … ambitious.

13 Likes

Anduin understands both factions are in a very weak spot, and trying to punish the Horde would likely only end in continuing the cycle.

2 Likes

How is trying to go after Sylvanas punishing the Horde?

He just simply had to agree with her in getting the '‘Banshee Queen’s Blood’ and done. After all he did start to search for her.

She pretty much said ‘‘I won’t agree to a treaty until she ded’’

9 Likes

Anduin: Hey Tyrande sign this peace treaty with the horde

Tyrande: Not before Sylvanas and her followers are dead

Anduin: TYRANDE!

18 Likes

It’s even crazier, because the Horde is hunting down Sylvanas and Nathanos down, too.

Blizzard is ultimately putting Tyrande in the same camp as everyone else of in the end placing all the blame on Sylvanas, with her lip service of tension with the Horde and Anduin pleading for peace just being filler to draw out the story since Sylvanas still won’t be dealt with that quickly and Blizzard is still set on revolving the story around her.

7 Likes

It doesn’t make sense. At first I was happy that Tyrande actually remembers that Sylvanas wasn’t alone when she commited genocide. And now she suddenly says that she is after Sylvanas, but somehow this goal contradicts the goals of Anduin and the Horde?

Well then again, I guess the horde doesn’t have that much interest in hunting down Sylvanas as maybe the alliance or specifically the night elves.

2 Likes

Lor’themar:

A part of me will always wonder if this would have happened had I acted sooner. If I had confronted Sylvanas in the early days of the war. If Teldrassil hadn't burned.

It is not an easy thing to watch a dear friend tread a dark path, to recognize when they have gone astray. I thought I knew her, and Saurfang has paid the price for my error in judgment.
    I have tasked the Farstriders with tracking down both Sylvanas and Nathanos… though I am unsure we can find them at all. They were Farstriders themselves, once.
    But I cannot simply stand idle while they are out there. Not anymore.

And related broadcasts text:

Headhunter: Ya be far from home, blood elf. Go hunt for Nathanos in da Eastern Kingdoms. Kalimdor be headhunter territory.

Farstrider: Nathanos was once one of our own. It is the Farstriders’ responsibility to see him brought to justice.
    Headhunter: Suit yaself. But remember, he be knowin’ ya ways ta track him. He not be hidin’ from us so easily.

8 Likes

You know what? I hope he does. Like, now that you bring it up, I think this needs to happen.

It’d be hilarious, and what’s more, it’d be totally in-character for him. Like barging in demanding people be tried in Pandaria is just his thing or something? Like in the next expansion we’ll have him barging in on Steamwheedle litigation for breach of contract with Gazlowe and be like “NO! Try him in PANDARIA!”

I would love this.

3 Likes

If you look closely, you can see the lump where they swept genocide under the rug.

31 Likes

Yeah…how dare he notice that we have an Old God on the loose and the only way to stop him from literaly corrupting the already dying planet is to stop this meaningless war.

The nerve!

1 Like

During the Battle for Lordaeron, Anduin wanted to capture Sylvanas alive. Even after the battle, and all the troops who died to get him that far, he still asked her to surrender peacefully. I have no doubt that he still would prefer not killing her. He’s that ridiculously pure and precious.

1 Like

Because somewhere in the details he forgets Sylvanas no longer leads the horde I guess??? Like the OP said… he has agents looking for Sylvanas, why it wasn’t shared with Tyrande? We will never know

1 Like

The writers probably don’t even know what’s going on anymore in this mess they’ve written.

15 Likes

Or they retcon that it was ever a genocide, and many of the Night elf citizens escaped, only a few hamlets and burgs were completely lost…

7 Likes

Every time I reread that it makes me cringe how dumb he is. “there are signs of change within the Horde” Oh Anduin, the Horde has time and again promised change and always reverted back to their old ways. Why is this time any different? Tyrande is right about him.

15 Likes

is this because of baine?
hum…

Well not surprised, anduin in war crimes believed that garrosh had redeeming qualities. i wish that they had more interactions because garrosh then was curious about him.

aand then he died :clap:

2 Likes

Not before he crushed Anduin with a bell. His finest hour.

6 Likes