[Spoilers] Alexstrasza and the Dream

Yes.

And this was actually somewhat reinforced by Ysera. She couldn’t activate an artifact when she came back to Azeroth because she isn’t connected to the dream like she once was. She’s connected death, not life. And the Dream is life.

1 Like

There is a fundamental issue with this depiction. And that is, ultimately, Elune isn’t really known for her great acts of druidism. Cenarius is, who was raised by Ysera. Malorne was, but he was a wild god.

The two paths have similar views on things, but ultimately Elune is something other. This is actually reinforced by some of the Legion legendary items Druids could get. The flavor text on, I believe it was the twin moofire piece, reveal that Druids actually reverse engineered Moonfire to replicate with Druidism. It is not granted.

This has been an ongoing issue with Elune, in that she is kind of just related to everything. Legion has her as the creator of the Naaru. Shadowlands has her as the sister of the Winter Queen.

But it’s not really accurate to say Elune was or is represented by Renewal. The very existence of the Night Warrior directly contradicts that because it’s power is explicitly destructive, and she has explicitly given it to other people for the purpose of destruction.

If anything, it would be more accurate to say that while the Winter Queen only represents one half of a greater cycle, Elune tends to represent the cycle as a whole.

After all, the moon waxes. The moon wanes. An endless cycle of light and dark that encompasses a little bit of everything.

6 Likes

I personally think that founding a new capital on the Dragon Isles is a pragmatic move that’s survival-focused; and therefore smart.

The Kaldorei lost a huge chunk of their population during the War of the Thorns. Couple that with the likelihood that the Horde—which have proven time and time again to go in and out of being friendly—are on their ancestral lands’ doorstep, and you have a real threat to your existence as a species.

The Horde aren’t going to the Dragon Isles—it’s a fool’s errand for them. I doubt they could even make landfall—they aren’t a threat to the place. The dragonflights and their Aspects are Alliance-leaning, too. Establishing a new capital in a place so safe, in other words. is the smartest way to go. The Dragon Isles are the Kaldorei race’s best chance at survival AND future flourishing.

Long-term, I believe that the Kaldorei should establish a firm and safe foundation for their race away from the Horde’s reach—and Alliance dependence—via this new capital. From there, they should utilise the Emerald Dream as a medium—and buffer zone—for access to their other territories across Azeroth via the portals that are across the globe.

The dragonflights are a FAR better ally than the Alliance has been—and ever could be. This is the smartest move.

4 Likes

Why am I not surprised that the absolute brain trust that is the Night Elf player base is jumping to conclusions and assuming they’re moving the Night Elf race to the Dragon Isles and are thus throwing a giant hissy fit?

1 Like

After several expansions worth of the stupidest possible story ideas actually taking place, can we really blame them though?

12 Likes

Yes. I will blame them for being dumb.

At last it happened, my Prince Garrosh finally fulfilled his prophecy, even in death he remained true to his word.

The days of glory have arrived, with the great empire of the Horde stretching from Darkshore to Silithus. There will be railroad tracks tearing through the corners of Kalimdor, the forces of the Horde free to extract the resources from this land that now belongs to us.

The Horde war machine will be complete, with the help of the mag’har orcs we will be able to use all the technology of the Iron Horde, and soon the shadowmoon clan will also be able to have a home that resembles their old valley, since the draenei have no place in a kalimdor that belongs to the Horde.

By handing over his Court to living Night Elves and Alliance Mages - before transcending towards the Shadowlands as they get their final peace during the upcoming Azshara content. Aszuna could be a great rival to Suramar

1 Like

Every time I see someone make this claim I die a little inside.

The Night Elves aren’t abandoning anything even if their new capital is on the Dragon Isles. Any claim to the contrary is absolute nonsense.

2 Likes

Then why not reconcile with their imperial past? Instead of building a new tree, they could’ve just turned Bashal’aran into a city like Eldre’thalas (or retake this city from the Ogres) and infuse their sturdy , highborne architecture with druidic motifs

Don’t waste your time, they love to talk about how much they are suffering and being humiliated, even if it’s just assumptions. And if you say something that contradicts them they will always say that you can’t trust Blizzard and that you never suffered like they did.

Do like me and join their RP, I love being the imperialist orc warmonger in topics involving night elves, it’s always a pleasure to play my role in this circus. Even if the entire fanbase is already tired and deeply bored of all this bummer involving kaldorei fans.

I don’t understand how Blizzard was stupid enough to bother elf fans, they are always the worst in any RPG franchise.

2 Likes

Feralas is 100% identical to Ashenvale and Teldrassil, just with green tint

1 Like

Indeed they still have Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas, Mount Hyjal, Winterspring, Talrendis Point, Felwood and Moonglade.

Them moving Tyrande’s personal base of operations to the Emerald Gardens of the Dragon Isles is an interesting fate.

We don’t even know if that’s happening.

All folks have seen is a few screenshots from a leaked cinematic and they’re freaking the hell out making sensationalist claims like: “The Night Elves are abandoning Kalimdor!!” or “The new home for the Night Elves is on the Dragon Isles!” and it’s all Grade A bullcrap. There’s nothing supporting either claim.

6 Likes

My own guess is they used the dragon isles as a setting for that cinematic because well, all the assets are there. But the actually tree will not be there and most likely will be planted in an as of unnamed location.

Because if they were to plant a tree in the dragon isles there is almost zero chance of it being a proper capital. I’d rather they use this new tree and create “New Darnassus” and have it be the expansion hub next expansion for the Alliance.

to be honest, blizzard deserve that clearly signs of misstrust of an entire fandom for what they did multiple times now, they deserve to be prejudged before anything that they exactly know, they screwed it so much over, that they can do anything to simply fix it with ONE event …they have to work for it, they have to work hard for the redemption they seek.

4 Likes

This is something that happens a lot around here. Something positive happens to the night elves and it is clearly pointing towards a brighter future for the elves then someone manages to spin it in a way that makes it negative use it as a platform to complain.

Blizzard realizes just how bad the War of Thorns was for them and is trying to fix their screw up. It would be insanity for them to relinquish their control of Kalimdor and the very notion feels downright idiotic if Blizzard ever made such a decision. Good lord, be happy for crying out loud.

1 Like

Well, for one, Darkshore and Ashenvale.

For two, active war and the Horde had forces there.

For three, there was no seed nor did the Night Elves know where they were going to have their capital. They were fighting at the site of a devastating battle to their people.

And it’s not like NE or the Alliance are abandoning Kalimdor. Azuremyst is still Kalimdor (at least as much as Darnassus). And the NE have a lot of holdings.

I’m not sure why NE would be hostile to the Dragon Isle place. It’s about as well defended as possible and tied to the Dream giving them an instant hub to anywhere which is convenient for the story (and the ability to move troops to any location) but also for players. I’ve played Alliance and honestly most players seemed to have their bank characters in Stormwind or Ironforge. They also went there far more often than Darnassus. If New Darnassus has access to other areas that exceed the portal rooms, I suspect it would be more populated and visited.

Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Yes, this! A million times!

I love NE Druid lore don’t get me wrong, but it feels all encompassing to the point that if you don’t play a NE Druid, you feel a bit disconnected from Kaldorei lore. I’d love for more aspects of Kaldorei lore to shine through because there’s PLENTY more to work with that isn’t druidism.

I’d love to see more of the Sentinel, Priestess and Huntress side of their lore reflected in their heritage quest/armor, like you mentioned.

The Darkshore Warfront offered a glimpse of what is possible for their armor design, so I really hope they borrow some of those elements as well.

10 Likes

This new tree turns up in the same patch where the primal incarnate of fire breaks into Neltharian’s laboratory to huff super fire bath salts.

Excellent timing, everyone.

6 Likes