(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

I see.

In that case:

Favoring Orcs and Humans and hating Night Elves are not exclusive concepts. (And I rather doubt that they actually DO favor orcs)

Kyalin is mostly the only one I have seen defending Forsaken from a certain Lordaeron obsessed dwarf. That alone makes her opinion good. Keep up the good work.

No, they are not.

Well, they certainly like to use them more than, say, Darkspear Trolls or goblins. Whether that is good or bad is left to us players to interpret.

:pancakes:

Don’t be dramatic.

Blizzard doesn’t hate, that requires too much effort.
They just don’t care.

1 Like

Orcs and Trolls have the same problems when it comes to being used by Blizzard. “Being used” is just an analogy to being killed off hard.

I’m not sure that they know what to do with goblins other than to have them as supporting cast. As for Trolls? That’s not a high bar to clear.

But on Orcs, I would hardly look at a race that had a great, redefining development that created broader cultural themes that initially sucked in a good deal of players and of course respect before they whipsawed back in a manner to completely invalidate said development on the way to establishing why the race shouldn’t be allowed to govern itself.

It’s on them to demonstrate to me otherwise - but if you’re going to carry the same hatchet to the same concept for ten years - that in my mind is effort. Recall that Teldrassil wasn’t the first instance, it was, at the time, just the latest in a long line of abuses stretching back eight previous years.

That level of concerted negative attention is certainly effort.

Eh not really. They don’t owe you or us anything.
They do what they want and if you want to keep giving them money that is your choice.
I am not going to try to argue or try to convince you what you are wrong but maybe this will help.

You think what happened to the Night Elves was because some specific grudge but the evidence suggest that it didn’t matter who the Horde genocided here. This was all to make the cinematics of Saurfang, the identity of the Horde and the Sylvanas villain arc.

This was all for that, the Night Elves were just a tool used to tell that story. if Blizzard disliked the Night Elves they would be less relevant than the Gnomes or Dwarves are.

1 Like

You may notice that I didn’t pull the period before Cataclysm into consideration - that’s because I don’t think relevance is the sign of care here. When you get singled out and repeatedly attacked, I think that’s a far greater indicator of hate than being ignored - and the period where the Night Elves WERE ignored was great.

As for whether they owe us anything - yes they do. They are receiving resources from fans with which to write their stories and develop their game. There is a basic level of service and satisfaction that such an arrangement does, in a normal situation, demand.

That’s a really dangerous way of thinking for the devs. I remember when there were comments like “don’t buy then” about a certain Battlefield game. And people did not. Was a rather sad result that year.

There were some snarky comments toward Dave Kosak (like that one) as an artifact that some of the devs dealing with story / quests did dislike the race. I am not sure I’ll be able to pull out “Tyrande sucks” since it’s been a rather long time ago and at the time I did not expect to ever go back to WoW again.

gl hf

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/97450060438044672/857697057442496512/images.jpg
I don’t know how I forgot this:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=186438/old-warriors-soul?bonus=6805

:point_down:

I’m definitely not saying anyone should be happy with what Blizzard has done.

:pancakes:

2 Likes

If you want to make an orc thread, I encourage you to make an orc thread. My retort to Gantrithor that Blizzard doesn’t appear to favor orcs is one thing, but it was also a tangent from the main conversation.

No they don’t you weirdo. You get story basically EVERY xpac. Which is significantly more than every other race except maybe humans and maybe, hard maybe orcs get. We always have to care and fight YOUR villains, we always have to ally with YOUR heroes. We are shown that YOUR gods are good. We are all tacked on into YOUR zones, like Ardenweald. You got uberpowerful demigods, 3 of them. What other race has that? Your army single handlely would’ve taken out the Horde which is why they had to be drawn out. Blizzard doesn’t hate you, they genocided you, just like basically every other race here.

5 Likes

You’re literally just mad you aren’t your own faction.

3 Likes

Every single thing you said is something that I’ve rebutted a thousand times to a hundred different people.

All of it.

If you do not already get that more content does not mean good content…
If you do not already get that having something in the backstory is not the same as it being your core experience…
If you do not already get that visual information trumps mere text by a wide margin…

You not only do not get this problem and likely never will, but you have demonstrated a complete inability to understand and critique visual and interactive media.

3 Likes

Yeah, no. You’re goddess is the main freaking driving force of the future of wow it seems. It’s your show and we all just gotta watch it.

Also no offense, but you can’t ONLY get positive depiction, which is what you suggest. Being showed as flawed or even weak is development, it’s what being an underdog is about. You’re the hero of the story not the Horde and not Sylvanas.

Yes not all"development"is good development, but you don’t get a lot of bad development. We do, we’re the monsters, you’re just the victim that will either get their vengeance in the eventual Alliance strikes back xpac or that focuses on rebuilding and not being consumed by the cycle of hatred that consumed and always will consume the Horde.

1 Like

n it u show yu cant move on rofl

imagine being a nelf fan who thinks nelf have been poop longer than nelfs existed before being poop

do u value ur time so ltitle that you watn to yell at ppl for a game u havent played

And now you’ve pivoted to a red herring. You’re certainly not winning points for creativity here. You may refer to my replies to Waygs on this same topic.

Stupid analogy.
Your neighbor is shooting you in the leg. Your roommate shoots the shooter in the leg. Your roommate calls an ambulance for your neighbor.
Something went wrong?