(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

Recall that Taurajo takes place before Twinbraid takes command - that was General Hawthorne’s matter. This therefore must be a different accusation.

Baine brought his soldiers to help Garry during his attack on Theramore and they even had fun collecting trophies. The Tauren would also not stand idle and watch Alliance attack Orgrimmar, they won’t leave the Horde for Alliance, this has been established.

Also, I am not certain why you are so sure the Alliance is above striking a city that’s full of “most peaceful civilians”. Orgrimmar has “peaceful civilians” too.

He’s referring to when Twinbraid was in charge of Bael’dun in the Barrens, the dwarves there had wiped out a small Tauren camp so they could proceed with their archaeological dig. :wolf:

Theramore is dead, and those soldiers bore the brunt of Theramore’s invasion of the Barrens. The situation is different now.

You know what I meant. Obviously- Orgrimmar has peaceful civilians- but it also has a standing army. Those soldiers don’t come from TB, they come en route Orgrimmar, because Orgimmar is the holding base for said army.

And this incident involved firebombing of civilians?

That’s a very specific charge.

I believe that camp was largely made up of non combatants also. I could be wrong though. It’s been years since I actually ran through those quests :wolf:

I agree that Thunderbluff makes less sense to attack, but you can’t destroy Org because that’s the player’s capital.

I’m not opposed to it being attacked and a few kids dying inside, BTW. Anything to get the Alliance’s hands dirty. I just know it can’t happen.

Orgrimmar may be the head of the horde, but it would also be the most defended of them all. In a hypothetical alliance attack, why wouldn’t you want to go after Thunder Bluff first, assuming you can reach them? I feel like that city would be a softer target, and if you can take out their druids, the horde can’t grow as much emergency food rations for Orgrimmar later.

Considering SW was attacked and MoP happened, anything can happen. Depends on the will of the writers and the stomach of the players.

Respectfully, this isn’t answering my question. As to whether we’re talking about braves or scouts (that is, members of a military camp) or not is a different question which we can get to.

I mean, I suggested that the Night Elves and their allies push forward to take Ashenvale and then commit hit and run attacks specifically against civilian settlements in the northern barrens - thus providing the Horde with a reason to participate in Warsong Gulch - but people on your side hated that idea.

1 Like

/10characs

Oh, than I fully admit that I don’t remember if they were civilians or not. Sorry for the confusion :wolf:

I speak for the Horde

You are free to attack it

you´ve changed…Vol’jin.

2 Likes

Even in modern warfare many countries utilize civilians in non-combat roles which includes having them at forward operating bases. Our section of Camp Leatherneck had more than 50, most of them contractors that worked in maintenence of vehicles and generators. Some of them even wore uniforms with country flags but they still had marks (usually where rank was) denoting them as civilians.

:pancakes:

2 Likes

What is the point of even mentioning Twinbraid? In Classic, the factions are doing all kinds of messed up stuff to eachother. The Forsaken is spreading Plague in Ashenvale. Lobotomizing humans and making them mind slaves.

We can play that tit for tat game until the end of time. You want Twinbraid to be your big bad? Fine, let’s make Bael’modan a raid where you get to kill him. Just don’t stand in the way when Night Elves want vengence for Teldrassil… Something far more significant than a small Tauren Tribe that you never even got to see or meet.

3 Likes

Because of logistics, mostly. Thunder Bluff is ringed by a plain that itself is bordered by mountains smack dab in the center of a continent in which the Alliance has few footholds. Even assuming that the Alliance has Ashenvale, which we don’t know - the logistical concerns involved with getting there are enormous.

You might want to run that by most of the Horde posters on this board then. Because they raked me over the coals for like five-thousand posts over it.

Nah

Twinbraid I think was mentioned because Waygs was aware of where I was going with Hawthorne.

I guess I personally see TB as in a more precarious position, due to them being all situated on bluffs. Bomb the base of the bluffs and send the city crumbling down instead of trying to assault it. Let gravity do the work for you.

I guess if Orgrimmar had to be the target, you could dam up the Southfury River and starve the people out. Or if you wanted to get really wicked, take a page from Final Fantasy 6 and poison the river.