(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

You’re extremely degenerate.

I’ve stated multiple times the story sucks and I would personally Hard Retcon it entirely.

“Proceeded forward with the same line”

Kyalin shut the hell up Jesus Christ.

Take the L.

Erevien does not represent the majority of the Horde. He’s a psycho troll who is an IRL self hating islamophobic fascist supporting an extreme right wing German populist party superimposing his politics on the game. He is fine with the narrative because he enjoys destroying the Alliance and just wants Horde leaders to be less weak in the story.

These are not at all comparable statements.

Furthermore you’re choosing to attack me for something someone else said.

6 Likes

As I said, the core issue that I see between most Horde posters and Erevien is that he says the quiet part out loud. This right here for instance?

Is not unique to him.

Now I don’t have a problem with people who say that (and go so far as to incorporate the hallmarks of the ideology into their argumentation) on the basis that they are playing a character, but a disturbing number of people on your side of the fence take that into out-of-character spaces, and this is what I’m referring to, and I generally don’t see pushback against such sentiments.

Now, if you don’t like the idea of having to police that sort of thing - then you probably now know how I feel about the repeated attacks on me for trying to turn around people like Shipper. But if that’s the standard we’re regarding as reasonable now, I’m going to hold others to it.

1 Like

Kyalin, my threads criticizing the Horde story and narrative are among the most liked and most viewed thread in the entire “modern history” (ie since the 2018 reset) of the Story Forum.

How is that “most Horde posters” agreeing with Erevien?

You’re wrong.

Fundamentally wrong.

Kyalin I have been harassed by multiple Alliance characters suggesting the Horde go to Northrend-the-reservation, be re-enslaved, or be genocided, knowing full well I’m an Afroindigenous Latino.

Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

Let’s be real here, knowing a few of them… they’re probably saying that deliberately because they’re aware.

9 Likes

Before Baal complains about Alliance wanting to genocide the Horde or enslave them (I missed this one) he did say he wanted the Alliance to be MORE racist.

So not sure what exact depiction he wants the Alliance to have.

Yes, and contrary to what you’ve said, I’ve pushed back on them and those proposals within the threads in which I’ve seen them, and have no problem reaffirming that here.

Yo you right…Erevien is the only one who says it outloud. Just like when the weird people on your side try to justify slavery (I think it was Ikaar) and that sorta stuff, they’re the only ones saying that part outloud. Why do you like slavery Kyalin? WHY DO YOU KEEP JUSTIFYING IT?

Then I apologize for accusing you of taking it down.

What “out”? The out of ceasing to play a Horde character? Or the false out of “don’t be offended when I imply that all Horde players are fascist-leaning if you aren’t a fascist?” You either don’t get it, or are refusing to. I object to being classified with people I have no association with, and whom I vehemently disagree with, as I made clear in my very first reply to you on this subject, solely on the basis of my choice of what character to play in a video game, rather than on what I’ve actually said or done. That very accusation is offensive, disgusting, irresponsible, and entirely without merit or logic. By insisting on standing by it, you have shown yourself to be unreasonable and that you cannot be trusted to not make baseless ad hominem attacks against strangers. I have no interest in further discussion with such an individual. I do sincerely hope that you find something enjoyable in upcoming content, but I will not be engaging with you further.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t see what’s false about saying that if you don’t identify with the ideology, then referring to “your lot” isn’t referring to “you specifically”, but these are people in your community - and according to the rules that your community has set, you are responsible for policing their behavior.

See above, here you have a member of your community bringing an unsubstantiated claim that someone supports slavery, which according to the rules of this game means that I do too unless I condemn said claim, which of course I do. As for the expected follow-up demand that I hunt down Ikaar and confront him, that will of course first depend on whether he actually said it.

I didn’t make the rules. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

He actually did try to justify slavery, that part is true. It was a rather disgusting comment that was pretty soundingly denounced immediately by both sides, including me.

1 Like

In that case he deserved the condemnation that he got.

2 Likes

No, maybe he just says the quiet part out loud…he’s your lot, of course.

Regarding the actual subject matter here… a couple of things.

1. That entire cinematic was exposition… you would figure that people with some kind of practice in visual media would know to avoid that kind of thing. It’s not made better with the Winter Queen’s dragged out voice.

2. I think Blizzard needs to be banned from using the word “Hope” for the next ten years. Hope is not a compelling thing to fight for, and just because you tell us that it exists, has been restored, or is powering St. Louis doesn’t mean that it actually does, has been, or is. Words do not create emotions by their mere presence, and their repetition has become obnoxious.

Edit: I do want to add - I really hope that our detractors weren’t referring to this as the follow-up cinematic that was going to fix everything. I’ve heard a lot of certainty regarding the number of cinematics that were supposed to be waiting in the wings, and this would bring us down a number as it doesn’t appear to be a direct follow up to the previous cinematic.

As I said, statements like those are ones that I reject and condemn.

1 Like

Wasn’t that about the internment camps the orcs got put in? I vaguely remember that discussion. I don’t know what people expect, it was that or killing all the orc prisoners… and the internment camps gave us really good stories about thrall and him breaking out of the camps, uniting Orcs for a new journey.

All in all it worked out for everybody.
Orcs and humans hugging it out after the first war and the orcs sailing into the sunset with everyone’s tears in their eyes would have been really boring.

1 Like

It’s funny that some want to tie Erevien as an albatross around all Horde players’ necks, but then sit and agree with the blueside trolls who aren’t that much better.

Do you think we don’t condemn Erevien? Cuz every chance I get I mock him and so does anyone else…but no, like you said, it’s your folk. Also for someone talking about us being fascists, it’s you lot that are justifying internment camps. And if you disagree and say I’m being unreasonable or attributing you things you never said…then maybe, just maybe you’ll understand the issue.

Eww… they don’t even change the sigil… and Tyrande just stands there smiling awkwardly with her new glowy eyes.

And that awkward camera angle between the WQ and the PC is just… lol

Yet another in-game cutscene. I’m surprised that there was still one left to add this week, I thought we’d already gotten them all. Still no sign of the other two pre-rendered cinematics, assuming that all the hints we’ve seen are from the same cinematic that seems to be placed near the beginning of the campaign during the fighting in Ardenweald. I doubt we’ll get any more hints at this point with the patch less then a week out, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

EWWWW, what happened to her new look???

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/updated-night-warrior-tyrande-model-in-patch-9-1-cinematics-322917

I hope it’s not gone, because i want that as night elf heritage thing.