(SPOILERS) 9.1 Tyrande Cinematic

Negative, the lands were “flung apart”. Land didn’t merely sink, they were violently separated.

Then you have no concept of WC/WoW lore.

A large portion of Kalimdor literally sunk when the first Well of Eternity exploded :wolf:

3 Likes

I mean…Blizzard would disagree, given that they consistently portray the Night Elf empire as having multiple settlements and cities and also vast stretches of wildnerness and your whole thing about the entire continent being Zin-Azshari is some kinda weird headcanon.

8 Likes

Yes, there is a shift. But it is not that very significant. The existing continents are located in more or less old places.

I think you misunderstand what Zin-Azshari was. It wasn’t some small city separated by distances from other elven cities. Zin-Azshari ws one large, city state encompassing 1/4 of the known world when it was shattered. After the Sundering it was populated only in small areas, the rest abandoned and fell in to further ruin.

Then I think you need to revisit the lore and not rely on in game maps as your source material.

Ehlissa you should probably read this.

unknown.png (680×676) (discordapp.net)

M … can you roughly draw a map of the city of Zin’Azshari over the map of the Kal’dorei empire?

Zin-Ashari was just one of many Night elven cities though. It encompassing the entire world is literally nothing more than you confusing headcannon with actual lore. :wolf:

I don’t see how this relates to what we are talking about. If you are referring to the bit that mentions elven outposts, that doesn’t speak against the fact that Zin-Azshari itself spanned 1/4 of the known world pre-Sundering.

I would like to know your source for this. And the maps I linked were not game maps. They are from Chronicles. The size you are talking about is massive.

Oh and explain Suramar. That was its own city.

2 Likes

Suramar wasn’t part of Zin-Azshari nor was Azsuna.

Suramar was it’s own city as was Nar’thalas, Faronaar and Lian’tril.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lay_of_Ameth%27Aran

Long had the children of the stars dwelled upon the banks of the shimmering waters of the Eternal Well. To all was known that Elune, light of the eternal twilight, aspect and goddess of the moon, dwelt within its waters at such time that she rested from her works. Upon the shores of the Well did the children of the stars, favoured of Elune, build their homes, even as their gaze was trained ever skyward, into the moonlit night.

Though there were many towns and places of habitation constructed upon the lakeshore, Ameth’Aran and Bashal’Aran were the foremost, having the touch of Azshara, the Kaldorei’s beloved queen, in their creation. Her favored servitors, those of the highborne, she brought to the twin towns to reside, and to govern them she placed Athrikus Narassin, though it would be that he would spend most of his days in his Tower of Althalaxx, some ways removed of the towns.

His second, a mage known of his prowess in the arcane arts as much as with his physical abilities, was Asterion, who lived among the people of Bashal’Aran, and went many times to Ameth’Aran, to see to the needs and wants of its people.

And so it was, upon the shores of the Well of Eternity, the twin towns grew and prospered, while the world beneath the stars fell slowly to madness.

While Darkshore’s towns were next to Zin’Azshari and the Well of Eternity they weren’t part of Zin’Azshari.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Zoram_Strand_(quest)

Zoram is also it’s own city according to official Blizzard Lore.

Of course Blizzard naturally made it clear that almost all of the Night Elven Cities(including Suramar) were right next to the Well of Eternity(humorous considering the Well’s small size)!

Which is only a place that you’d have to go to if you were attempting to reply to my point about what happened to the physical seat of government, as well as the lands that the Kaldorei and the Quel’dorei inhabited before the former kicked out the latter.

In other words, it’s a dodge - which I find strange, again, because this was commonly accepted until just today it seems. Even if I accepted that Quel’thalas somehow had a prior connection with the lands of the Azsharan empire (which it didn’t), I’d just again come back to the Taiwan analogy.

It was once a part of China, and now it’s not.
:taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan: :taiwan:

The conversation has already addressed Suramar.

Although … The map is full of mountains. I can imagine the triangle Azjol’Nerub - Zul’Gurub - Tben’Ralore. Not more.

Is Tben’Ralore a city?

It’s cool how you didn’t respond to the request for a source at all/

2 Likes

It’s not a dodge, the article you linked clearly states that Hyjal was not a part of Queen Azshara’s Zin-Azshari. And that is where the seat of Kaldorei society established itself. So how could Malfurion have exiled High Elves from lands they had not settled in. This is exactly my point when I said the high elves weren’t exiled i t he context you are using the word.

Zin-Azshari/the Empire hadn’t existed for thousands of years by the time the High Elves were exiled so I’m not entirely sure what this post is even saying.

https:// static wikia nocookie net/wowpedia/images/a/a3/Night_Elf_Empire.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160428235210

This map is a retcon, but still works for purposes of discussion. Zin-Azshari circled the Well of Eternity and expanding out in all directions for miles and miles. Smaller outposts and settlements were made at Azshara’s command. But Zin-Azshari itself was one large city of immense proportions. When the Well exploded and “flung” the continents apart, ruins of Zin-Azshari remained on all the major land masses both above and below the water.

What this map also shows is the expansion of Elven influence, and can be used as well to see where it came into conflict with Trollish expansion and created conflict. Creating conflicting with other expanding empires and winning those conflicts does not constitute Imperialism.

It’s cool how you just keep repeating yourself and refusing all requests of a source. Very cool.

It’s also cool that you just posted a map that proves yourself wrong because it pinpoints Zin-Azshari on the map as one location near the well (as it is described in Chronicles)

1 Like