[SPOILER] Ysera Returned-- Let's All Pat Steve on the Back

SERIOUSLY! This is the happiest the lore has made me in a long while. Finally, that ridiculous death was undone and that idiot Malfurion who alienated the only competent Nelf leader to ever exist, is now dead as he should have been during Legion.

It’s great to see Ysera back on Azeroth, she is so lovely. To be fair, Steve did take her away from us for the last 6 years too, but at least he had the decency to giveth her back. Good job, Steve! You’ve opened my wallet.

6 Likes

Said nobody ever.

44 Likes

You serious? Well that was stupid then. Why even “kill” her then?

21 Likes

Legion needed a quick tearjerker

6 Likes

Spoiler alert pls

7 Likes

Welp :confused:
Zzzzzzzzz

He is not dead. he will just stay at ardenweald replacing Ysera for a while. Already confimed by devs during an interview.
He will probaby stay there learning with the nightfae, and when he returns , he will be more wise and powerfull.

8 Likes

Do you even follow lore or just read headlines and think you know?

Im completely baffles by your post.

I think you should be asking yourself that question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SKTViWz8CI

1 Like

There are still some unknowns.

How long is Ysera back for? Malfurion made it clear that he’s coming back one day, and the Winter Queen said something along the lines of ‘…until Ysera can return and renew her bond with me’. That implies Ysera’s return to Azeroth is temporary. How long?

Ysera is back, but the proverbial torch has been passed on to Merithra, who will become the new Green Aspect (this bummed me out, personally. I wanted to see Ysera standing with the other ‘aspects’ in Valdrakken). This means Ysera has another part to play, since she has been established as ‘touched by death’ in that new quest line. What is her new role going to be? Some kind of aspect-of-death kind of thing?

It also means Blizz can take all kinds of weird creative liberties with Merithra, using her as a blank slate. I’m not optimistic about this.

This, along with the Bonze chain in the Temporal Conflux, hinted that all the old guard of the dragonflights are going to be removed/stepping down. Kalec was the first, Wrathion probably the next, Merithra for the green, Chromie or Soridormi replacing Nozdormu (Chromie had some setup for that role in that chain)… but who would replace Alexstrasza? Either way, Blizz seems to be wanting to retire the og aspects.

I’m personally tired of the shake-ups, the writing has been slightly lousy, I don’t like a lot of the directions they’ve taken with the story, and I don’t have a lot of faith that Blizzard will handle things in a manner respecting what remains of WoW lore and story.

At any rate, clearly that was Ysera in the loading screen, since her shiny new visage is now known. I’m just bummed she’s no longer the Dreamer. Blizz always doing this crap to my favorite characters.

I should probably start seriously divesting myself from the warcraft universe. Far more disappointment than satisfaction these days.

3 Likes

You clearly don’t know how to use the SPOILER tag…

5 Likes

Oh… you’re one of those “i watched a youtube video now Im a lore god” types.

We’re done here.

8 Likes

don’t let the door hit your bum

2 Likes

It temporary man , people here gonna be malding without all the info. God you idiots cannot live without some boogeyman

That is a very fair point. If they’re replacing Ysera as the Dreamer, and sending her back after this expac, forget my sentiments! Steve should be fired if that’s his direction!

1 Like

Malfurion will be back one day, or Ysera might return to Shadowland after finishing her job, because it’s Blizz LOL

3 Likes

I’m going to stop throwing money at Blizz every month if they get rid of Ysera again

1 Like

I would be angry about the spoiler, if it wasn’t so predictable.

Danuser talked about it multiple times before launch! Nobody should be shocked. Darwin awards for the buttmad

1 Like

Yeah, I’m in the ‘this is crappy writing’ camp for this one.

Give Ysera a shiny new visage and dragon model, go through all the trouble of muddying the rules of death, oaths, etc, making Malfurion fans mad about wasting his character, all to … make Merithra the green aspect and leave Ysera in another unknown state? I want Ysera back as the aspect and would’ve accepted all the nonsense if we got that. We didnt.

Danuser, or whoever signed off on this, needs to be replaced by someone who gives half a crap about the warcraft universe.

1 Like