*spoiler alert*

But it’s just so stupid. It made no sense with Delaryn and Sira and it would make even less sense with Derek turning against his family and people when Jaina did nothing but help him acclimate to being undead. He has literally no reason to turn to the Forsaken and every reason not to after they tortured him.

Which is exactly why Blizzard will do it.

1 Like

Holy undead in the narrative of WoW ARE a silly retconn. Also, what is “amazing” and “compelling” over characters with no disadvantages? (ergo my “Anduin” allusion) She would gain a ridiculously high increase on her life estimate without the rotting and madness and the whole sacrifice stuff regular undead have to deal with. Oh, and in the worst case scenario (she becoming racial leader) a huge increase in political power without basically having to move a finger.

And who says she has to roll Horde? Heck, the best chance Calia has to become Queen for free is precisely if the Alliance makes the Horde Forsaken accept her as leader or else.

I don’t know. I didn’t say either of those things.

1 Like

Sir Zeliek was basically a raid Boss, Treng. Those are barely more relevant than quest NPCs.

Racial leadership or a race developed using her as conception on the other hand is big stuff. Why do you think the Velves are such a joke?

Do we know there’s no downside to being a holy undead yet? I don’t think we’ve had any perspective from one yet aside from a few paragraphs in a book. For all we know they could be obsessed with order and perfection or be completely unfeeling sociopaths. Maybe both.

He still existed, though.

Because their name is ‘void elf’.

1 Like

Well, she apparently is fine and dandy and happily behaving herself in the current Alliance, which implies in itself she has a total writting depth of 1 mm.

Wait calia???

Festergut existed too. Shoudl we develop a whole new race and concept over him? (I mean, we don´t have any perspective over what it means to be an undead made by sewing different bodyparts, not in depth at least…)

Because their lore is laughable and a walking contradiction is more like it. Even Umbric has this weird Aethas-esque + Veertesa esque vibe sometimes, yuck.

He’s not really a holy undead tho is he? Like Calia is an undead powered by the light, who happens to be a priest. She is free of the normal fosaken characteristics, like suffering, lack of feelings, and desire to eat people.

2 Likes

We kinda do. Remember Thaddius? “Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together - eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh.” Seems to imply he remembers everything and suffers quite a bit. He also thanks you for killing him.

do we seriously need more of jaina going NUCLEAR again?
because pretty sure that everyone is tired of that, including me, as a jaina fan.

well, it is stupid so i suppose that blizzard would do it.

Blizzard is more predictable than a child lying through their teeth. They already got two Nelf warriors as NPCS for Forsaken plus many more potentially. Not to mention Lorash was raised.

1 Like

Zeliek specifically isn’t free of his feelings and he specifically doesn’t want to eat people.

2 Likes

he is not an undead made by the light, he was just religious

Belmont, Faranell, Any dark ranger, Voss, Nathanos, Aleric, plenty of known forsaken who lack proper dev time and involvement in the story they could have actually done something with rather then leave standing in the background.

Probably because of his faith, if he stopped having faith he would revert to a traditional forsaken right? Calia doesn’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

Didnt Belmont die in Darkshore? Nathanos is too obvious. Voss idk. Never struck me as really swayed to the side.

I think you’re right in that his faith was so strong that not even Arthas could completely dominate his mind.

We don’t know that. Sarah could have as much control over her as Arthas does Zeliek. We know nothing about Calia except that Sarah manipulated her into becoming whatever she is now.

no, maybe, who does, either way the forsaken have a lot of characters they could have developed, but instead we got a bunch of nonsense forsaken NEs.

Fair enough, but given what I have seen of the light’s manipulation it seems more like… indoctrination? Like she made her want to be what she is now. To me that’s way worse.