Spider boss Plaguefall + Necrotic

Do any tanks find it rather difficult to drop Necrotic stacks on this boss?
Granted I’ve only done it twice on Necrotic then avoided it.

No.

The stacks go up rather slow so even on a 15 I need one clear over the fight two if I want to play it safe.

Kiran pot alone is that drop otherwise hop or divine shield when using pot further immune for 8 secs. Same with divine.

Otherwise droping is quite possible just require a large move speed cool down or leep from a dh.

Not all tanks will be equal for all weeks and should not be this week is one of the ones that dh are slightly less favored and prot pallys stand out a bit more. While any kiran further stands out.

Also ANY tank can clear via hop via bringing a pally and using your cancel aura that every tank should have. Get your pally to bop you than taunt the moment you see it than use the cancel aura. Stacks are cleared and good for the fight. You having a comp that lacks a pally and it getting harder for that is not a bad thing. (Ret pallys are not bad and a week that makes them more worthwhile is a good thing).

A priest leep plus your move speed cool down also works as a easy reset the room is big enough but not the pref way as loss of dps.

I’ll give it a shot. Soulshape + dash should be good enough.
Honestly I think my timing was off with the adds and not playing safe with them.

Yes, it is.

Should not have to stack a particular class to deal with affixes. That’s just obvious.

Necrotic simply shouldn’t apply on boss fights. It’s either meaningless (most bosses) or it’s a major roadblock.

The fact that Kyrian prot pallies can easily deal with Necrotic on any encounter is not a solution to the above issue.

3 Likes

Who ever said to stack a class. You really need to read what was said.

It was said that was the bonus of taking ONE of that class. No diffrent than the bonus of a better lust of if take a lust class or getting a battle rez if you take a battle rez class.

Its not only kirain prot pally that deal with it easy. It any group with a pally at all being able to hop its a external cooldown that any pally can use on any tank only need one for the only one time on that boss, you need to remove it for +15 a 2nd time if you want to play it safe for if the fight goes long is nice but not needed as if your wanting to time you shoulden’t have fights going long.

While any group with a kirain tank (not prot pally, tank) has it easy.

While any group with a priest at all to help the reset is the same thou a bit harder.

This is FAR from class stacking this is taking any one of the many options you have to make it easier.

it is 100% fine that some classes have it easier when there is external means to cause it to be easy eg if not a kirain tank or a pally tank just take a pally (better) or a priest.

This is no different than how taking a boomy makes necrotic a non affix on trash. To the point if a good boomy is in the group don’t need to bother to think about my stacks on 90% of pulls.

Thats not class stacking thats the benefit of taking a single one of a given class. This is 100% fine and has been a CORE element of m+ since the start of m+. In fact it was the vary reason drums was nerfed.

ITs esp fine as without any of the above it is still quite possible to reset your stacks on the boss just harder and you don’t want to as will cost you dps in a timed environment. As such you take one of the options.

As said its quite a good thing to have a reason to take a ret pally a spec that is norm not wanted on most affixes.

It is different though. If you don’t have a boomy, there are still many ways to deal with necrotic on trash. Bosses can’t be kited, they can’t be CCed. There are some boss encounters where necrotic is impossible to deal with with certain compositions and that is not ok.

In fact it was the vary reason drums was nerfed.

And that was also a terrible idea that made the M+ experience worse.

You again need to read.

That boss you vary mcuh can reset your stacks without any of the mentioned methods just by using your movement cooldown as a tank. I have as a prot pally and as a DH, Monks even have it quite easy with there 50 yard teliport.

It is not impossible to deal with in set compositions. If you cant remove it as a tank that is a sign of a bad tank. Use your movment cooldowns between the adds to get away and reset it its quite doable. As said its a dps loss and not worth it why the other options mentioned are better. That dose not make it impossible like you claim.

Bosses can be kited for short durations and I have done exactly that on two different tank classes and seen it done on a monk + warrior.

Hell you even if having issues can have a melee run out and taunt or any class with a taunt than taunt back to reset. There is tons of options.

As said it is no different than getting a bonus for taking a boomy via trents or better lust via a lust class. In fact its a smaller boost.

I appreciate your input!
The inexperience on the fight is what made me ask for help.
Once I do more of it this week I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it :).
Maybe I’ll bring an Hpal for the bubble and even a bubble taunt !

It is one of the harder fights to reset stacks on asking for help is completely fine.

The holy pally hop you is honestly the method I would use or a ret pally. Kiting to reset thou possible is a real pain and you lose so much dps dancing around doing so on a boss that is already hard its not worth it. If using the hop methiod make sure to have your /cancelaura hand of protection macro ready. Taunt as soon as they bubble you than click the macro.

bubble taunt can work well thou if using I suggest they taunt than bubble just before boss get to them vs bubble than taunt you will get more time of the boss heading to them for a cleaner reset. Do make sure to run in the other direction when doing so for when he comes back. Do it just after add phase. Make sure to taunt back before running out of range thou. Bubble will send it back thou so if using that methiod can wait a bit for him to walk back into range but more of a risk.

If you get by him good news the boss after is easy to drop stacks.

Holy pallys are esp good there as they can remove a lot more debuffs than other healers. Such as the venom attack if you cant on yourself. Or take a ret pally that can do the same thou harder to get a ret pally to cure you.

For us Prot Pallies it’s as simple as making a macro that casts bubble/bop and then removes the effect when you press it again. Granted if there’s a melee in range they might take one or two blows from the boss but that probably won’t kill them (probably).

Otherwise, unless you are a DH with their busted infinite mobility or manage to Chi Torpedo across the whole arena with a Monk, you are not getting those stacks cleared.

Or you can just drink the Phial if you are Kyrian, I’m not so I just use the macro.

As a dark iron dwarf pally I love this week. My racial on a 2 min CD clears stacks, plus BOP, plus bubble, and finally Kyrin flask.

1 Like

It won’t kill the melee as they won’t take a hit.

A good prot pally is not just using bop or ds but taunting first causing a 3 sec fixate Giving tons of time to cast and remove without the boss turning from you.

This is the same way you use bop on any tank.

You most def can clear as other tanks than you mentioned even as a prot pally to try I have managed to kite to remove them and we are slow just needed a leep to help. A simple taunt from anyone else once you start running than you taunt back before they hit also gives you the time you need to get a lead and once you got that lead your fine to reset.

My usual group does not include a pally and in my experience soulshape hasn’t quite been enough to drop stacks on my bear.
The boss moves at a pretty good pace, and the need to be with a buddy during the fight makes it tight to drop stacks at times.

We had a rather unfortunate pull last night that I ended up at 30 stacks and our dh taunted and ran the boss away for a few seconds to help me drop stacks.
Very doable with someone willing to taunt and bail for a few seconds but definitely requires group work imo if you lack a pally or aren’t kyrian.

As a non-Kyrian blood dk, this fight, and Necrotic in general, can eat a :eggplant:

I ran a 14 today with a warrior friend. He taunted and lept away. Worked beautifully.

1 Like

Bears can dispel poison so it isn’t an issue.
I ran it today with a warrior who taunted and jump away to grab adds. Worked great!

Too bad necrotic isn’t poison

He was talking about the debuff from boss hense why he responded to me. As was mentioned as a further reason to bring a pally.

Guess I’ll ask someone in my rogue/mage/hunter/shaman group to taunt the boss then.

Making a group that is not fit to handle a instance and expecting a easy time is a failure not on the instance but the group leader.

You know what you are going into and should be adjusting your group.

If you don’t want to adjust your group you are accepting it’s going to be harder and need to deal with it. The group you listed is quite able to clear stacks but you have to do it the hard way via kiting that is possible. As said have done exactly that on a prot pally that is just as non mobile as a druid. You don’t want to kite as it costs you a good bit of time but kiting is an option just like any other.

You have the option of building your team correctly or making it harder on yourself. This is no different than not taking a lust class and it gets harder as you need to use drums or not taking aoe dps and it gets harder to make time as your spending longer on trash.

Making a group is a large part of mythic plus has been since the start and always will be. There is no fixed groups in mythic plus, you should have people able to swap in. There is nothing at all forcing you to used a fixed group.

Necrotic has many ways to handle it with ease even on this boss you picking to not use them and making it harder on yourself to the point you can’t handle something is a failure on the group leaders end for not making a group that works. Either adjust your group learn to handle the mechanic or go down key levels till you can handle it. You having to adjust is not a issue at all in fact it’s the vary reason affixes exist.

Also your group in question you vary well can ask one to “taunt”. You have a night elf druid and you know who the 2nd on agro is if your a tank worth half your salt. As such they take distance you pop shadowmeld the boss runs to them you drop shadowmeld and taunt boss runs back plus you took distance. Stacks reset. Just since you don’t want to use the many options out there to reset is a issue on YOUR end not a issue with the affix.

Hell can even take distance as the tank before shadowmelding to further make it easier on the 2nd highest threat. Esp as your only melee has vanish so he shoulden’t be the 2nd highest so its going to a range person so running from the range vanish appear taunt alone lets you reset without the others even needing to help. Bonus points as your sham wont be the highest so any of the other dps can further drop there agro to prevent a hit if your slow on the pickup. You can even game whos the highest by having 2 of the 3 dps use there agro dump mid fight as all three of your dps have one.