Spell Flyouts

bumping this thread because its a super pain going into my spell book just for portals

4 Likes

Here to support this getting fixed. My hunters, 'locks, rogues, and mages are super clunky now. : /

3 Likes

Just drag them to action bars.

Bumping bec its still not fixed

2 Likes

what is this? classic?

3 Likes

mine is on my action bars Hunter can’t call pet and mage teleport/portals will NOT work no matter where you put them. I use ELVUI BTW

1 Like

I’m sorry, but there are currently 14 (FOURTEEN!) destinations to select from, with another likely to be added in Dragonflight. I’m not filling up 3 bars with just teleports/portals. This should be fixed. I was doing just fine with 2 buttons instead of 30 or opening the spellbook.

7 Likes

This is a major functionality change that breaks like, every bar mod. How did this go live?

4 Likes

It goes live because Blizzard has no responsibility whatsoever to addons.

5 Likes

Why break or protect the function to use flyouts? Pretty sure bots, scammers, etc arent using flyout menus. Doesn’t make sense to stop addons from using that functionality.

3 Likes

It probably was an unitentional side effect – a bug, in other words. But the fact that the error occurs in a script security context is a clue that it may be harder to fix than other API bugs, if it is the result of a needed security change. At some point, the devs might (worst case) decide that there is no way to salvage the ability for addons to do flyout action buttons without reducing the security of the API engine, in which case addons are out of luck.

I hope it doesn’t come down to this.

3 Likes

oh god! Same

I found Opie addon to be a great alternitive, if not a better alternitive… I might just keep using this even if they end up fixing flyouts! For my mage, i made a ring with all portals and another with all teleports. bound teleports to mouse 5 and portals to ctrl + mouse 5.

Normally you can just drag and drop abilties out of the flyout selection, so for now until they fix it that is easiest work around. Since it mostly related to using UI not created by Blizzard they might take a long time to fix it.

Imgur

You can see my hunter pet flyout is open with the blizz ui, I can drag any of those icons out and place them on my bars individually. So if you are having lots of trouble with the flyout add another bar with the buttons and you are all set. Should work for mage portals, poisons, pets so on…

It’s a workable workaround, in the cases where the flyout doesn’t contain so many choices that you have to devote whole actionbars to just their buttons (unless you’re willing to). Mages particularly have this bad, with so many portal and teleport buttons.

The presence of a limited workaround that doesn’t help all characters equally shouldn’t become an excuse to de-prioritize finding and fixing this.

6 Likes

If this is the case Blizzard needs to respond telling us this

3 Likes

I hope they do, but they never address bug reports in the Bug Reports forum. It’s completely rare to see any Blue poster here, and when you do it’s almost always QA asking for more information and not providing any information back to the community abouet a reported bug.

You’ll get better information back from Customer Support but even then you won’t get more than “it’s been reported, the developers are aware, no timeline available for fix.”

And Blizzard doesn’t document the addon API themselves, so they have complete freedom to change it at whim and the addon authors can try to keep up if they can.

1 Like

If I could find a action bar saver like BTWloadouts or Action Bar Profiles that worked with Blizzards new action bars 7,8 and 9 id porbably just use the addon “move everything” and use full blizzard UI but no such luck

I love bartender but I cant not have flyouts on my mage.

You also cant separate action bar 1 and 2 on bliz UI you HAVE to use scrolling and I HATE that!

I wish the new default UI was enough, but there are a number of customizations offered by Bartender and formerly Dominos, that I can’t see myself playing without.

This is the LUA error I get, just in case it’s actually a bug and not a feature.

Message: Interface/FrameXML/SpellFlyout.lua:240: attempt to call method 'GetSpellFlyoutDirection' (a nil value)
Time: Thu Nov 10 01:53:38 2022
Count: 1
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/SpellFlyout.lua:240: attempt to call method 'GetSpellFlyoutDirection' (a nil value)
[string "=[C]"]: ?
[string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua"]:40: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:39>
[string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua"]:268: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:263>
[string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua"]:296: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:279>
[string "=(tail call)"]: ?

Locals: <none>
2 Likes

Yeah this is super inconvenient. Blizz, a fix would be appreciated.

2 Likes