Spell Flyouts

Blizzard broke spell flyouts for addons (things like lock summon demon, mage portal, mage teleport). I appreciate that you guys updated the in game bars but some of us want to use addons like Bartender still and we’d appreciate it if you could fix this issue as according to the addon creators it’s on your end.

34 Likes

Yes please fix this. Or provide a path for major addon devs to fix it. It’s so fun clicking into my spellbook to find the teleport button. Uhg.

12 Likes

yea. can confirm spell portal flyouts not working. zzzzzz.
Bliz pls work on this. Am using Bartender.
Does the portal flyout work on Bliz Action bar?

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue. BarTender (it’s been updated) is the only action bar addon I’m using. This is the error BugSack shows when I press any spell flyout:

Interface/FrameXML/SpellFlyout.lua:240: attempt to call method ‘GetSpellFlyoutDirection’ (a nil value)
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:40: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:39>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:268: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:263>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:296: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:279>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?

5 Likes

32x Interface/FrameXML/SpellFlyout.lua:240: attempt to call method ‘GetSpellFlyoutDirection’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:40: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:39>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:268: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:263>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua”]:296: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureHandlers.lua:279>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?

I’m dealing with the same issue on my lock… Really hoping they can find a fix for this, I really don’t want to have to re-setup my bars with Blizz UI…

5 Likes

yes, the flyouts all work fine on the default Blizz bar, but I really don’t want to have set this up all over again. Hope it gets fixed.

3 Likes

This was an issue back in beta as well and I wasn’t using addons at all. I played for there weeks and it never got fixed while I was playing the beta.

4 Likes

According to the Bartender GitHub, it’s an issue where Blizzard changed something and now no addons can do flyouts, at least using the old method. This aligns with what Crystallyn is saying at the beginning of the thread.

Question is, is this a bug or a feature? Did Blizzard change the method being called deliberately, and wants AddOn authors to use a different one? Or is that the right method and it’s broken?

7 Likes

Any news on this? Seems spell fly outs aren’t working on Elvui and unsure if its a setting changed or a known bug

2 Likes

Only workaround right now is to drag the specific spell out of the flyout and put it on your extra bars.

5 Likes

it has to do with how the action bars are oriented and how they are set up. despite this blizz should fix this so that no matter where you put the flyout button it should fly towards the middle of teh screen and not the border… this should not have been overlooked blizz… no excuse

9 Likes

Here to support this issue. My rogue can no longer apply poisons from the action bar. I REALLY don’t want to have to open the Blizzard UI spellbook everytime. Here is a direct quote from Bartender website:

" There is a known issue with spell flyouts not working with action bar addons. This is something Blizzard needs to fix."

I could be wrong, but I don’t recall an xpac with this many bugs even before it rolled out.

2 Likes

Here also to support this issue. Its a real shame Blizzard doesn’t work more with addon authors when there is so many code changes at the start of a new expansion. Some really popular addons like Opie, Bartender, Elvui and Dominos are broken due to 10.0. Also whats happening with talent spec macros??

3 Likes

Contributing as well here - I am also receiving this error with any flyout

2 Likes

yeah, ElvUI and other button bar addons throw errors with flyout menus, PLEASE fix it before DF

3 Likes

Just replying to add emphasis for this issue.

2 Likes

Support for fixing this issue.

2 Likes

Here to report this problem as well.

It would be nice to see this become a known issue by the devs.

3 Likes

Same here. Bug reports everyday until it is fixed.

3 Likes

this needs to be fixed or I’m quitting the game

4 Likes