Spell Batching, why has it not been removed yet?

Okay name some examples where spell batching is wrong then because all I see from you is generic statements about it being wrong and nothing specific.

Theloras posted some that are completely accurate representations so now the burden is on you to prove that it is wrong. All you are saying is that it doesn’t feel right and that YOU remember correctly whereas the rest of us remember incorrectly.

1 Like

Succubus attacking from invisibility has a high chance to cause the mob to evade and re-set because it tries to attack an invisible target even though it’s impossible for her to still be invisible since the attack breaks her out of it.

This didn’t happen so often in classic that I ran with succubus visible. I can keep going, but you don’t actually care you just want to stick your head in the sand.

2 Likes

Created In Error, because reading is hard y’all. Move on.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with these people who insist nothing is wrong, lol.

It’s so clearly broken. I’m gonna mute this thread so I don’t have to deal with the gaslighting trolls.

1 Like

Id rather they fix leeway

It’s amazing when I stun a mage after they blinked and they still get off a 28 sec sheep… at least my stun is nearly back off CD!!

1 Like

Forsaken and undead do that daily :thinking:

ok this made me /giggle

this, spell batching is garbage. it doesnt make the game “feel authentic” it makes the game feel sloppy and WRONG.

4 Likes

You keep attacking me man and I am just trying to see evidence that it is different. You don’t even give me a chance to have my mind changed when you just belittle me with every single comment.

I am playing a class that I did not play ever in vanilla but batching feels how it did back then. Are there certain spells that are bugged or not acting properly? Probably yes, but does that mean batching is completely wrong the way it is implemented?

Because it’s not going to be.

How can you know it feels the same if you didn’t play the class?

I sort of agree with the person who mentioned priorty on spells.

Like FD only has the turning bug left but the main reason people were having issues was because of the priorty of dropping combat and enemies dropping target was screwed up.

that’s ridiculous … I’m not sure I even believe that

more than likely it was some half-brained attempt to solve some of the longstanding bugs, like rogue stealth not working, hunter FD behaving strangely, and so on

Ummm… Vanilla was out pre-fiber when you had noticeable delays. One of the things that separated the good players from the mediocre was the ability to plan a couple of steps ahead and use that to your advantage.

I am fully aware that you will not listen, but this is working as intended. You can rage all you want, but you’re wrong. I was there when Vanilla launched. Had to deal with the same nonsense in Everquest, so had no issues dealing with it in Vanilla. If you’re having counterspell issues, try reacting at the beginning of the cast instead of the end.

Which makes cast canceling to bait counterspell that much stronger. There’s bugs from the spell batching, so at this point I’m not sure it’s worth keeping.

BS, lol. The game responded BETTER back then than it does now. That’s the whole issue we’re trying to discuss.

pre fibre lolololol. You do realize that WOW and every game in existence online does not need anything more than a 10mb connection to function properly and without delay?

If you have 5 people in your house trying to stream at the same time that’s YOUR problem and has nothing to do with your internet connection.

That is why I was asking for specifics in how it seems wrong to you.

Things that feel the same are on my vanilla priest or mage you fear or sheep but get hit still, as a lock I can get my fear off yet still get hit by the mob. I had a rogue also and you could vanish a death coil cast, this is something I have experienced in reverse now.

Innumerable Twin Emps attempts that are etched into my brain say differently. That fight almost made me quit healing.