Spell Batching, why has it not been removed yet?

Seriously,

This was a mistake to begin with. Now that the game has been out for 2 months you can clearly see this is adding NO BENEFIT to anyone. Why was this added in the first place? Who is it supposed to help? When I cast an earth shock or or counter spell on a mob or player that has less than .4 sec left on its cast it will still go off. That is beyond unacceptable. a 1.5 sec poly morph is now effectively a 1.1 sec cast to still go off?

Or how about all the times I see a heal go off on my tank, I physically see the heal land and the animation floating around his body as he is dying because it registers on my screen but not the server because “spell batching.”

Really want a blue post or blue response here. “we feel this is adding the experience of what vanilla was like back in 2005” is not a valid reason. Heals didnt land while tanks died in 2005. My counter spells went off even with .1 sec left on the cast bar of my target back in 2005.

Blizzard. Get your !@#$ together. Take spell batching out or at least cut the window in half or even a fourth.

32 Likes

Its a feature, not a bug.

19 Likes

YEA BLIZZARD! Or I’m going to QUIT!!!

9 Likes

Not a bug. It was designed to give a feeling like in Vanilla, where the servers and infrastructure couldn’t handle it otherwise.

2 Likes

I never claimed it was a bug. Learn to read. It’s the “feature” that was and is a mistake.

4 Likes

Well I think you’re mistaken. The feature is excellent and provides for some wacky and fun times

16 Likes

In your eyes.

Thankfully Classic isn’t the playground for complainers to change every little thing they don’t like. That’s what gave us BFA.

26 Likes

Are you all smoking rocks? This is not something I simply do not like. This is NOT how it was. Spell batching was not even close to as long as it is here. The window is too long (400ms) it needs to 100 or 200 ms.

11 Likes

Depends on how your connection was back in the day.

Do you have proof that it wasn’t like this?

Also, where did you get your 100-200 ms number from? And how do you know that it was 100-200 ms back in 2005?

It seems to me you have little to no evidence to support your claim of

When I 100% remember seeing a heal land on me then I die but I have no ss to prove it. So who is right?

2 Likes

Except that this is exactly how it was back then.

3 Likes

Here’s my favorite moment with spell batching.
I was fighting a mob and near death. So was the mob. I blinded the mob but had no potions or bandages so no way to heal so I used the blind time to regain energy. When I got enough energy I backstab crit the mob for all his health (while he was still blinded). As he is falling over dead he swings hit fist and kills me too. He killed me while he was dead.

12 Likes

If you really think this is how it worked in vanilla your memory is broken beyond repair.

6 Likes

Your bits seem frosted.

2 Likes

But that’s the entire reason why spell batching was added to classic.

5 Likes

Actually it’s not their memory, it’s yours. Blues have posted on it and discussed it.

Their were odd issues back in vanilla from “spell batching” but that’s just how the game was back then. They do need to fix bugs related to it in Classic though, i do not remember trapped mobs getting a free auto attack off from 30 yards away when the trap broke. Same with stuns, gouges etc. The mobs themselves should be programmed to wipe their attack table when CCd and same with players, there are some bugs from back porting from Legion and that seems to be what the complaints are really about.

5 Likes

The exact example that the blue post states is mages sheeping eachother and warriors charging eachother. I have no problem with that, that is how it should work. Whatever they back coded is NOT working here. Spells are now on “low priority”? That is just applying a 1 or 0 to pre existing retail code and hoping it will all work out when it is not.

If I counter a cast it should be countered, period. Not have the caster get a free .4 sec of his channel that is uninterruptible.

4 Likes

Exactly. Whatever they did to try and simulate how it worked in vanilla didn’t work. There are things being batched that are then executing that should have been discarded.

It’s got to be the cause of so many of the spell and ability related reports in the bug forums.

4 Likes

this is Spell Batching + Reckoning from VANILLA in 2006:

this is Spell Batching + Reckoning from CLASSIC in 2019:

TLDR

3 Likes