Spell batching & other authentic functions

There was a point to all this? Yeesh, I’m sure missing out.

2 Likes

+1 To authentic feels: Spell Batching

Warts 'N All people! what’s so hard to understand about that?

6 Likes

For you because you’re not good enough to utilize it.

Because of that why do you even care? For you it makes no difference either way.

The only reason I can fathom you would be opposed to the original experience would be one of two truly absurd possibilities.

A: You desire to lower the skill cap in Classic wow.

**Or **

B: You oppose anything that’s authentic Vanilla.

There is no other logical conclusion.

8 Likes

The only way I remember wow pvp is with spell batching. I hope they implement it.

5 Likes

Spell batching was a produce of the server architecture. Its changed. I don’t see it happening on live.

I dont think it would be detrimental to the vanilla experience. At least I get to see which mage has the faster poly in duels.

2 Likes

Same discussion here. If you like the real vanilla feeling I suggest to buy a 2005 old pentium and to downgrade your int connection. Spell batching was part of that. Today I hope will not be.

1 Like

Even though spell batching was not originally put in the game with gameplay in mind it did eventually become an integral part of Vanilla. Classic needs spell batching if it is going to be true to the original game.

I also agree that older mechanics such as 8 debuff slots for phase 1 and pre-1.12 threat would be more accurate to how Vanilla was played as well.

2 Likes

That is, after all, the subtitle of this entire forum.

Spell batching boils down to luck, therefore despite protestations it is not “skill” or a “core mechanic” unless you’re bad enough that you depended only on luck.

Warts N All! It’s a simple concept.
If an effort is being made to recreate a game with the “bugs”, warts, n quirks and whatever else; All for the sake of authentic experience. Then It’s only proper that spell batching be a part of the system.

There’s no reason for argument.

Either way, I’m certain to enjoy the game.

So very, very, very much this.

2 Likes

You guys realize that spell-batching is something that has purposely been added to MMO’s after WoW for the sake of gameplay balance, right? An example is FFXIV.

Regardless, spell-batching was in the game from vanilla until WoD and does have a significant effect on gameplay. It is easily implementable, as “kids” from private servers were able to reproduce it.

There might be arguments against spell batching, but I have yet to hear them.

1 Like

FFXIV is a great game with a lot going for it, but the servers are bloody garbage. Like having to be out of a Boss’s AoE marker multiple seconds before the ability goes off garbage.

That’s not a point in Spell Batching’s favor.

1 Like

Spell batching will be irrelevant while I’m being 2 shot by an auto shot from behind

Spell batching will allow you to vanish / juke any big damage or cc you want to avoid.

1 Like

Spell batching is not important to the core of the game, PvE. So they shouldn’t waste their time trying to implement it.

As far as the other things are concerned. Everything should be 1.12.1 aside from the content release schedule. NO patch progression in talents or itemization.

In yesterday’s update, item tables were confirmed to different before and after the AQ war-effort. Also, for many players, the core of the game is PvP.

1 Like

Misguided.

PvP is an abomination of mankind and is not the focus of the PvE game. It should not be a focus of the developers. It should remain the afterthought it has always been.

All these self proclaimed pvp gods. Are you not skilled enough to work with 10ms batches? Has to be 400ms for your old man reflexes?

This has to be the dumbest argument in here. Literally asking to lower the skill cap to recreate 2004 internet limitations you consider features. Reality check: 400ms spell batching is EMBARASSING in 2019. Maybe you’d all do better playing turn based strategy games.

3 Likes

Just because you don’t like pvp doesn’t mean time shouldn’t be spent on making it like it was.

5 Likes