Spell Batching in Classic

Let’s be honest, in a lot of ways, the original game was stupid. 15 years of improvements are going to, well, improve the game.

But this is the kind of stupid that I want to see in Classic. I’m not sure I’ll play it again myself, but I’m looking forward to YouTube videos of it.

1 Like

Thank you great news.

Oh baby.

Thanks blizzard. I felt like this was the piece of the puzzle you had not explicitly commented on. You had mentioned preserving art assets, preserving UI, preserving elements like debuff limits that effected raid strategy, but I felt like you didn’t talk about the grit and mechanics that made the game play like it did moment to moment. Now it is very clear to me you are very committed to the vision of restoring this game in every sense. And I think that’s a great thing.

Thanks you.

1 Like

You guys and the HotS team are just about the only people I still trust at Blizzard. Glad to hear this.

3 Likes

Right that was my point. It was a workaround for a technological limitation of that time. That limitation being poor connection speeds.

Ah I see why this has been changed in modern wow. Fun detected, fun eliminated.

14 Likes

Considering you’re one of the only people upset about this, I think we’ll be alright.

a lot more people are upset about it then you think.
forums =/= everyone

:slight_smile: ( 10 characters)

You guys are going in the perfect direction. Thank you from the bottom of mine and millions of others hearts.

2 Likes

No but its a large enough sample size to realize its an insignificant amount of people.

I healed in classic. It was pretty common that I’d complete a cast, it would consume my mana, but the target would die before receiving the heal. And by common I mean I remember that bad times more than the good.

5 Likes

Thank you Blizzard!!! We truly appreciate this tryhard work to make it as authentic as possible.

I gotta say, I credit and thank Ohhgee_Haptix for making the first and most detailed YouTube Video about just exactly what Spell Batching is and why it is so vital to TRUE Classic Vanilla WoW. Without that video I don’t think that there was ANY stalk or worry about spell batching.

His video explaining Spell Batching can we found here: https://youtu.be/ML6R-HSzndQ

Also, Blizzard. I gotta ask. You all have read Ohhgee’s ‘About The Journey’ forum post, right?

1 Like

in reality its really not though. Majority of people who play any game don’t respond on the forums or even stuff like reddit.

this is sexy news

Then how do you know the number of people that are upset about this? Given the fact you stated you have 0 information about it.

i dont know a exact number all i said was their are a lot more people upset about this then you think. this comes from people i have spoken to across multiple discords spanning since the announcement of classic wow

Yeah this is pretty amazing communication while we get radio silence in retail. To say that this change was unexpected is pretty amazing. This is some pretty technical stuff and reverting 10+ years of server infrastructure to handle this.

1 Like

Yea I clearly wasnt saying everyone was happy about it… Thankfully they’re keeping it close to an authentic experience. This is a big step for authenticity in WoW:Classic. Now if we could get a release date id be extremely happy.

Then if what you’re saying is correct - which I doubt - then would it be more accurate to say that its not an insignificant number of people, its that the people who are upset are insignificant?