Spell Batching in Classic

Sorry brother…didn’t see the ? at the end of the sentence. They had some variant of it and was trying to replicate it, but never had any success.

So… vanish will be broken in pvp again then? Totally loved getting white hit out of vanish…

thanks! very cool.

no worries, just something I was wondering about today when I saw the post, hope it works for the pvp crowd the way they hope it will:O)

It was very noticable especially during the PvP grind. Having two warriors trade positions stunned was always funny to me.

4 Likes

As a healer, healing someone, it’ll mean your heal going off on your screen but the server possibly processing your heal in the batch after your target died. Basically people will die on you more often, through no fault of your own, you’ll just have to be more on your toes when it comes to not letting people get low.

Only by people who never played at a time when double cc was possible or know nothing about Vanilla.

What 50% of the country used at the time is kind of irrelevant. The real question is how many of the people playing wow had DSL/Cable compared to dial-up. I would guess the majority of gamers on MMO/online games didn’t use dial-up.

Pretty hard to not notice when you CCed someone at the same time they CCed you.

3 Likes

That’s if you pvp…I don’t, so I never noticed it. I didn’t know Spell Batching was a thing until I read about it on the Classic forums.

2 Likes

I mean, I was stationed in Japan at the time, never had lower than 400ms, so in pve I never noticed it either. I did pvp though.

1 Like

Only people who do a lot of 1v1’s and premades are going to notice this. It’s sorta funny for us who don’t take it to seriously. I mean i personally loved charge trading in duels. It made who could stance dance quicker for intercept seem more skilled, small things like that.

(I mean you guys REMEMBER CHARGE Before the change?! BWAHAHHA)

2 Likes

I dunno. I vaguely remember having frostbolts fly from my hands just as Onyxia feared me. Same batch so both happened. Character forced to look away and the spell still happened. Even in PvE you notice it. If you played back then. (:

5 Likes

They’ve also scaled back loot trading because of concerns, and those things are all done for reasons beyond gameplay.

The argument that we should change gameplay simply because it’s not a pixel perfect recreation has never been a good one.

Blizzard has reinforced time and time again they want to make the gameplay as authentic as possible.

I moved up into HD resolutions only shortly after Vanilla WoW, and I was by no means an early adapter. Though the point is still that Vanilla WoW supported it, provided you had a computer that can handle it.

Yes it’s probably about as common as people who can handle 60FPS on max settings at 4k in modern games today, but that doesn’t mean it’s not authentic to support it.

and I’ve never played WoW on a resolution as low as the 800x640 mentioned.

OMG Thanks Classic Team! This is awesome!

http s://giphy.com/stickers/cat-cute-capoo-fjxupFeOlzwRnhKT0b

1 Like

If they’re restoring something like spell batching, I think the guys invested in old AV have a real chance.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Expelliarmus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAf3U0J8Se8

(sorry, couldn’t resist :mage:)

1 Like

Holy crap, I didn’t think you guys were even going to touch this. You guys are dedicated, and seem really passionate about this project. This was something some people were bummed about, but I feel like most were pretty neutral on, but you went the extra mile anyway. :heart:

3 Likes

Point being?

Still isn’t the vanilla experience. A change in available hardware drastically changes the experience. It’s the same reason why watching certain movies on blu ray, look really crappy on a 4k TV from what you remember watching when it was originally released. Poor quality format, and poor quality hardware allow for the “galloping horse” effect.

Like I said I think the heart is in the right place, but I think the end result is lacking. I am entitled to my opinion right? looks around Yeah still free.

Imagine if the BfA team could communicate on meaningful things even like 25% as well as the Classic team.

7 Likes

Well I had a crappy computer AND crappy connection. So I could go from 100 to dead, and never have even known what hit me.