Spell Batching in Classic

Even that is subjective. I view that as a situation where both warriors possibly caught sight of each other at the same time and decided to charge, with the one closer to Blizzard’s servers having a latency advantage and getting it off. Having a buffer, such as 400ms batching, ensured that PvP wasn’t about whoever had the fastest internet, atleast to a reasonable extent.

Regardless, people have opinions on both side. What is a fact is that spell batching is authentic, and the goal of Classic is authenticity. We can all be happy for that, except for those who don’t like Vanilla in the first place.

10 Likes

Awesome. Keep on truckin’. The naysayers can suck it.

6 Likes

These update posts are very much welcomed.

:heart: Classic team.

^

9 Likes

Network lag does not equate to LFR and WoW Tokens, yikes. Stop being ridiculous.

2 Likes

Nice, but how many warriors will think classic sucks cuz it’s buggy :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a slippery slope isn’t it?

1 Like

long batches are definitely worse for lag.

retail batches are small, so 100 people casting a spell might all fall into separate batches, each batch only processes 1 spell in a single pass.

long batching 100 people casting a spell all fall into a single batch, the batch has to process them all at the same time, is much more likely to cause a lag spike

And yet we have had plenty of people try to use even the smallest changes to advocate for other changes.

10 Likes

welcome home \0/

2 Likes

If this is actually true (not saying it isn’t, I’m just not a technical expert), this is much better news than advertised.

1 Like

Thank you for making this decision, this means a lot for both the casual players and hardcore players.

1 Like

ya i remember the double sheep in a goldshire duel from way back in the day

Except that vanishing death coils and gouging blinks are actual PvP tactics that people use.

What PvP tactics are effected by your FPS?

17 Likes

Unless you want to recreate every game-breaking bug, everyone does this.

The difference is just where you draw the line.

1 Like

This is the best sentiment to come out of Blizzard in years.

33 Likes

things i thought id never hear blizzard say “We think it’ll be fun to see those sorts of things happening again.” THANK YOU

8 Likes

This wasn’t something that I personally cared too much about, but knowing that you guys are putting in this kind of effort to recreate the vanilla experience really gives me hope for the future of classic.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Classic team carrying all of Blizzard on their back, and SHOWING NO SIGN OF FATIGUE ! <3

8 Likes

I am becoming more impressed with the classic team after each new update. Little tweaks like this are making the game as close to authentic as possible. Keep up the good work guys!

16 Likes