Spell Batching in Classic

classic wow thans guys

fantastic glad 2 mages can sheep each other

Isnt this exactly why people loved classic, they liked to be an extreamly OP mage and take out the southern barrens alone. If you normalize the spell casting and it’s not like it was in classic, then it’s not classic… Sorry.

https:/ /clips.twitch.tv/BombasticNimbleJellyfishKeyboardCat Here is a clip of me healing a Mage at the same moment she was killed by a Druid of the Fang in WC during Stress Test #2. Even at .25 play speed its hard for me to tell if my target should have received the heal, oddly the game decided to play the animation on the mage but not give the actual healing effect. I hope this can serve useful in tweaking the mechanics or being satisfied that it’s working as intended already.

1 Like

That’s literally one thing no one cared to bring back, but thanks I guess…

I’m honestly not looking forward to crap like this. It really does feel like RNG, which is awful.

Not RNG, sounds like a tie is a tie after all, sometimes ya just gotta roll the dice.

1 Like

And stop whining

1 Like

I mean… they had. For 23 days. Now you went and woke them up.

I see whatcha mean, didnt mean for the drama, showed up as a new post to me. I should prolly just behave and leave forums sorry

I dont think they should include spell batching.

It doesnt feel good, or at the very least, maybe it just needs some tweaking?

Looting also feels awful since they inplemented spell batching, not sure if the two are related.

It breaks the fluidity of the game.

3 Likes

both are related… lotoing feels quite screwed up… i hate the feeling of it just seeming like im lagging… its annoying and really bothers me

2 Likes

Its rough in classic

4 Likes

Spell batching feels horrible. Looting isn’t smooth. Literally makes me feel like I am lagging when I shouldn’t be.

9 Likes

While this sounded great initially, it obviously is not performing any where near to how it worked in actual vanilla.

Maybe instead of processing ‘multiple loops’ just put it back to one, I don’t know what exactly needs to be done but something indeed needs to be done because many of the game’s mechanics are clunky or broken as a result.

It’s the cause of over 70% of the bug reports on the bug report forums (and that’s a modest estimate, could be more like 80 or 90%).

If Blizzard does indeed care about “the authenticity” of the game as was stated in the first blue post, than this needs to be made a top priority.

9 Likes

Clearly they are reading the posts in this forum. They are obviously ignoring us. It’s disrespectful. But we still pay them so. RIP

3 Likes

Spell batching should be COMPLETELY OUTLAWED. Much damage is being done to this game because of this SUFFOCATING garbage! I love buying arrows and having them trickle into my inventory in FAKE LAG intervals. . .

WE DEMAND A BLUE POST. No more wasting time on these “buG fIXes” that usually end up doing nothing or making the problems worse!

I FOUND THE BUG AND ITS NAME IS SPELL BATCHING

2 Likes

Among the things I was looking forward to with new architecture, less lag and more accuracy in the servers was one of them. It’s nice that a warrior’s Charge and Intercept are accurate to the target, instead of running you into the middle of nowhere very frequently in Vanilla.

However, Classic actually doubling the window isn’t just wrong to Vanilla, it’s basically ruining a substantial chunk of the game. Like, why go through the effort even attempting to rebuild the original if you’re going to take a massive dump on it at the same time by doing that?

11 Likes

Is there any update on if and when (spell-batching) well be removed from classic. After playing for the game for some time now I can safely say it diminishes skill value

2 Likes