Spell Batching in Classic

This is amazing! Thank you to the classic wow team!

2 Likes

Warriors place swapping.
Two rogues blind/gouge each other
Mages sleeping each other.
Wonderfully humorous spell batching results.

2 Likes

Sweet! Does this mean there’s a chance we’ll get wall jumping, too? truly hopes

This isn’t something I was too phased about / had thought too much about, but I’m grateful that it’s something being implemented that will make Classic WoW a more authentic experience, so thanks for that!

Thank you Blizzard! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Who cares about specs when you have your attitude and personality, good luck finding a guild acting like you.

This is fantastic news.

Could you please look into giving us the true authentic AV experience of 1.0-1.5 AV next, please? 1.12 does not utilize over 50% of the original AV’s content or assets, thus is not a true experience.

3 Likes

Hype x1000+1!!! :open_mouth:

I get the feeling that a lot of people excited about this will have second thoughts once they pvp for awhile and experienced it. I was hoping they wouldn’t cave on this one.

1 Like

Well, feelings can be deceptive. It likely just means that YOU are not excited about the spell batching announcement. Those of us who are pleased with what is coming really do feel good about it. You really should try to stop worrying about us.

1 Like

I’m on your side in this debate (not that there really is one), but resolution affects gameplay. So does gamma.

Don’t know why you aren’t just ignoring comments like that. They have no value and persuade nobody.

Oh man, Warrior vs Warrior, the double charge…he who got his intercept stun off first was usually the winner. I remember a mark of a good warrior being switching to zerk stance right after charging so you could get the other warrior in an intercept.

I also remember, that back then I didn’t know this is how the game worked, and I was pissed, and even took a screen shot to show the guild, how I interrupted a spellcast and immediately died to it afterwards.

I remember back in Classic there was a mod that allowed you to automatically cancel a spellcast when you started your next cast.

Without a spell batching system, you’d get your latency between each spellcast. Add that up over a raid boss fight and it’s a substantial number of seconds doing nothing.

With the mod set to your approximate latency, you could eliminate this gap and get a substantial increase to dps compared to anyone not using it.

I didn’t even know there was a problem in this area.

But I can understand how important it will be to have this mechanism working as correctly and fairly as possible.

And it is awesome that we have a development team who actually gives a damn to see it function best for our benefit.

There is one small thing that im not even sure it existed, as all contend and “proof” and/or use of it that ive found is private server based.

To the point: there is the claim out there that a spell like frostnova would have a different way of checking its hitbox/range at which it would hit a player in vanilla compared to today.
The claim sais that if a player would run towards a mage, preferably with increased movement speed, that if he/she would start to jump outside of the max range of nova and use his/her velocity to jump inside the nova range of the mage, the nova wouldnt hit -

as in vanilla the hitbox of (atleast) frostnova would look for the last position of the enemy player on the ground, effectively allowing players with prediction and timing to “jump over” a frost nova.

Would it be possible to check this certain behaviour on the reference client? In case its not too much trouble.

Either its a hoax and never worked like that or its a little detail that could increase the skillcap by a little margin and would add to authenticity.

I guess its worth clarification. But who am i to guess.

Written on phone without autocorrect. Pls dont judge :cry:

As a Vanilla player who hasn’t had any sort of experience in Private Servers, I can confirm this is definitely not a hoax.

We had many documented cases of numpties jumping out of fire and dying anyway in raiding. Everyone was taught (or harrassed into) not jumping because it would ensure they got hit, because of the mechanism you described. While in the air, the game client did indeed use your last grounded location as the position.

I would guess they fixed this when flying came out and they needed a true Z coordinate, but we were still repeating the same raiding maxim at least through to Wrath so I can’t be sure whether it was fixed and we didn’t notice, or it wasn’t fixed until later.

2 Likes

Hello world

The beta does not currently have Vanilla-WOTLK Spell Batching but rather Cata/Mop/WOD mechanics. Go watch perplexity’s stream to see it

For proper understanding of what should happen please google my post

"Original Spell Batching is necessary for World of Warcraft Classic to Succeed’’

Blizzard please fix this.

They’ve adjusted the batch sizes to 400ms. They are not going to rewrite the server processing queue to be slow and buggy.

hi guys my email varication its not wo rking if u resend its has error.ty metal thanks I got email to play on 7th lol thanks if u resend it be good :)))