Spell Batching in Classic

eyeroll

People were always going to ask for changes. Hell people have been asking for changes since it was announced in 2017. Most of us are well aware there is very little QoL in vanilla and we’re not going to suddenly change our mind and start asking for qol updates.

Well, I don’t see any goblin zapper, I think we’ll be okay for now.

im so sorry for asking an legitimate question and seeing/been through all the changes blizz has done in WoWs history due to the out cry on the forums

YESSS TY BLIZZ.

Great to see you guys do this!

You’re legitimate question was a thinly veiled “You think you do but you don’t because you don’t really remember how bad it was.”

Or did you think no one would notice

5 Likes

but thats not all what i was saying but that was a pretty good assumption. that statement was simply about hype

Yeah, the “hype” won’t be as high and people won’t be crawling all over the forums like they are now. But for the most part, people who want Classic, aren’t going to be on here asking for changes or qol. The people that do want qol changes will be shot down then like they are now.

And the whole rose tinted glasses thing, is really dumb. People have fond memories of Vanilla. I don’t think there is a single person on these forums that will try to say Vanilla was perfect or there weren’t issues with the game. Those faults in many cases give the game character. What many people rom modern consider “problems” with Vanilla, many of us who want Classic considered immersive. There were lots of RPG elements just removed from the game in the name of convenience.

So please, for the love of all things Azeroth, stop with the rose tinted glasses thing. Some of us don’t even wear glasses.

2 Likes

You’re awesome Kaivax.

1 Like

Their is nothing immersive about seeing healing numbers go off, mana resources used yet the target is dead anyway. This is NOT immersive game play that is frustrating and annoying. This is why that phrase is thrown around so much.

It sounds cute, remembering it makes it cute but when you are actually playing the game and it consistently happens over and over and over again it stops being cute.

I have AWESOME memories of classic and still will play it regardless but im not going to sit here and act like majority of the mechanical faults was what made it good or gave it character.

3 Likes

Curious too, also awesome news

Remember the debuff slots thing? Yeah, they were technical limitations too, but are they bad for the game? Not at all. Same thing with spell batching.

This is a totally realistic thing by the way. In real life, there are lots of time when doctors do everything they can to save a patients life and the patient dies anyway, resources still used up. Yes it’s not a perfect analogy, but it’s a believable one.

Immersion and suspension of disbelief are pretty subjective things. And the phrase is used inaccurately. It’s used to basically dismiss someone as nostalgic and not really remembering something correctly otherwise they’d remember how “bad” something was. Well good and bad are also subjective. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t make it bad.

see the issue is we not talking about real life. we are talking about a games mechanic. mechanically the game is telling me that i interrupted a spell, which should not only stop the current spell but also locks that caster from that spell school for X amount of seconds yet they got the spell off and still casting within that school

The game told me that i need to be BEHIND target to BACKSTAB or AMBUSH the target yet im look at the target in the eyes and backstabbing/ambushing them.

The game told me i casted LoH on a target, see the heal and mana resorted to said target and my mana is depleted yet that target is dead.

two warriors charging each other and they switch position? cool
two mages sheeping each other? cool
rogue gouges mage same time mage sheeps rogue? thats awesome

but all that other stuff? nah thats straight up broken mechanics.

1 Like

And many of the people that don’t go out and vote bash the president of the united states guess what, maybe they should have voted. If you don’t voice your opinion on the forums I.E your vote, I guess it didn’t matter much to them.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

May the Light be with you!!!

100% agree but that doesnt take away the wrong that said president has done/doing.

THANKYOU BLIZZ. Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou. Please keep listening to the community like this and you can take all my money

Warts and all, my friend. Warts and all.

1 Like

Jousting.

Are you telling me, two people can’t punch each other in the face at the same time?

4 Likes

thank you, thank you, thank you!!

with every update I am more convinced that classic will be super successful.

just PLEASE consider starting release with only 8 debuff slots on raid bosses. starting with 16 slots will make MC easier than it should be. and it will make fire resistance gear for Rag less of a necessity due to the speed at which he will be killed.

MC isn’t the most difficult raid to begin with, and having 16 debuff slots out the gate will only make it easier.

if you read this and agree with it PLEASE like this post so hopefully it draws their attention!

thank you

2 Likes

Well friend, i guess Vanilla ain’t for you bud,
There’s the door.

Retail awaits you.

Thanks for the good news blizz, and appreciating these updates.

5 Likes