Specs with highest skill cap

I was wondering what 3 or 4 class specs really require the highest player skill to maximize the class wether it’s DPS, healing or tanking.

Probably survival hunter, feral druid, subtlety rogue, and thats all i can think of right now.

2 Likes

So if a really skilled player played either of those the spec would still shine?

I’d vote for Feral Druid. You need to give 200% to get 75% of the DPS.

Don’t they still require stacking bleeds on everything to maximize DPS?

2 Likes

Nope they’re pretty garbage

dh enough said

1 Like

No. They’d be doing 10x more work to still be drastically inefficient in comparison to more simplified specs.

DHs are the best examples of this. You can be a Feral snapshotting Bloodtalons running God and get obliterated by your average DH.

2 Likes

WoW doesn’t really have any class that rewards high skill

The ceiling is pretty low

5 Likes

I’ve played everything to 1600 in 2s and in my opinion, sub rogue takes the biggest brain to play well.

Well. I sorta meant that if you take the average players skill on a spec and then put a really skilled player on that spec that the difference is extremely noticeable. As opposed to like my class, a hunter, I can sorta AFK auto-attack with my pets and do well and the difference between a crappy hunter and great hunter isn’t much imho (compared to other specs that is)

The only time I’ve noticed skill elevate a player to any degree verse another outside of pvp have been tanks, and that’s moreso the responsibility that comes with the role rather than the classes.

No one is “shining” atm because of the corruption mechanic being so powerful and also so random. Look to SL class design as it gets updated for what will and wont be a higher skill cap. Being real though, high skill cap classes havent really existed since MoP or even cata, everything is streamlined and simmed to death.

And did you find subtlety a rewarding spec to play when you could ply it effectively?

Heck yeah, you can pull off some pretty nasty burst and control if played like a god.

1 Like

What brought this up was tonight I was in raid heroic nzoth. And topping almost every parse was a Retribution Paladin. Consistently too. Not just one or two fights. The guild rocked Heroic very easily so it was not a bunch of slackers. I had never seen a Ret Pally been so consistently atop the dps anywhere, especially on that run…
And the guy was just killing it pull after pull. So it got me thinking, what specs out there has a large gap between a good player and an awesome player.

I agree almost every class has a very low bar to entry but you can definitely tell the difference between players of a different caliber or just even knowledge/expertise and skill. The know how to min max your class, what your strengths are and such do stand out even if they’re identically geared.

Twilight dev and infinite stars for most classes are bait anyway, they do imitate good dps but they’re so rng dependent only new players or those with crap luck typically still use it. If you want reliable 100k dps every single pull you wouldn’t use those for maybe everything other than a dh, tanks td is pretty strong but almost every other class you typically stat stack.

Don’t listen to any of these guys when it comes to feral. Feral is in a good spot right now.

Any spec can have a ‘high’ skill cap if you choose the talents on the right side of the talent window (the non-passive ones).

So instead of 4 buttons you have 5, that doesn’t take skill, just another button to press before you hit your finisher or what ever.

It’s basically just another thing to watch other than your dbm or bigwigs/feet lol.

1 Like

Demon Hunter is the highest skill cap.

1 Like