Specific Epic Queue Times Not Accurate

I’ve had to wait 30-50 minutes to get into specific epics several times with an average wait time of 3 minutes. Rarely do you get in around the average time and the said time does not change as you wait. Queueing for random epic is more accurate, however.

The average wait time should be more accurate so we aren’t left in the dark when we want to queue specific. It’s very inaccurate right now and average aside, the waits are absolutely ridiculous.

oh noes an alliance player had to wait to get into a BG, SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

2 Likes

Average times have been way off since the last patch in both PvE and PvP queues. I was given an average time of 54 minutes on my lvl 83 all three times I played yesterday, but I was pinged for games in less than 10 minutes all three times. LFR and LFG i’m given 3-5 mins, and end up waiting more than 15.

the queue times you are given are for the last group of players who got in a game.

if there are only 45 people queuing for ebgs on alliance and you are No 41, then you will get a timer that shows the queue time for 1-40, but you will need to wait for the next ebg, which can take up to an hour if there is only enough to fill 1 ebg at a time.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone is gonna have any “sympathy” for premades, nice try though :thinking:

I’m not exactly sure how the specific queues interact with the randoms, but they seem more variable. This is anecdotal based on the few times I’ve tried queueing solo specific WSG in BfA. In past expansions, I could usually do this with 2-10 minute times, so it was often worth it even without the bonus since that’s where I wanted to be, or if I didn’t need the currency anyway. When I’ve tried this in BfA, I’ve usually been waiting longer than that. Once I waited 40 mins, but the next only took a few minutes.

So it seems more variable, and I’m not sure where they put you relative to those queueing random.

Exactly. EBG’s are the most unreliable queue times because the players get swallowed up in larger “gulps.” You’ll find yourself in the situation of being one of 5 people who didn’t make it in and the game has to guess when 35 other people will randomly decide to want to play (and won’t be specific queuing for one of the other two EBG’s). OP, you’re literally asking for something to be guessed that can’t be guessed.

1 Like

I’m pro-premades, but the process used to get your premades in certainly can’t help queue time estimation

^ This too

Alliance players complaining about queue times… :rofl: :rofl:

You guys have no idea, play Horde for a couple weeks, long wait times are “normal” for us

2 Likes

I’ve made a lot of gold fishing in Drustvar while I wait. And caught up on a couple seasons of Netflix that I had been slacking with.

Can you think of anything else that’s “normal” for Horde that contributes to diminishing sympathy for your long queue times?

1 Like

Don’t know :thinking: I’ll take a guess tho… is it winning more?

I guess that makes sense and it’s difficult to determine the average wait time based off an unpredictable flow of players. I just think saying an average is 3 min constantly is broken. I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how to fix this. Just thought it was odd.

That hurts squeaky.

This is such a weak argument. Just because horde queues are so long, doesn’t make my point about a queue that constantly says 3 min but takes almost an hour to pop wrong invalid. Queue times for the horde are awful and y’all have the option to merc if you want. That doesn’t make long queue times for the horde ok though and I’m not going to consent to justifying long Ally queue times by siting the horde’s broken system. That’s just dumb.