Spec balance is beyond broken

Yeah they are. Difference being the devs can usually be just as hostile.

1 Like

They should take a leaf out of icefrogs book and just never say anything ever because they know how stupid the players are.

1 Like

Yeah,again and maybe again,again. Tell you the truth, wowhead needs an up date I didn’t see this article at all when i looked it up a month ago,but beside that point, changing it by degree didn’t change the percentage of 10 even when it was upped. So I stand right from the beginning.

As far as M+ goes, they need to do better than 50% difference between specs.

And it matters.

It’s a serious game play issue. I put a lot of work into this toon. This is the toon I want to play. How should I feel about the time I spent working on this toon when I switch to a hunter and within a week or two of playing the spec be putting out the same performance as this toon while still in gear close to 20 iLvls lower?

How is that respecting the time and effort I put into this toon?

How should one feel when they put in more effort and get half the reward of someone else just due to spec choice?

2 Likes

I mean, I’m looking at Warcraft logs for +15 and +20 keys and all classes are represented within 5% of their respective performance.

Otherwise, yes. Life isn’t fair. You may have to put dramatically more effort into something to match someone else for performance. It’s unfortunate. But even a particularly bad data set like Warcraft Logs seems to indicate that at the highest level of play, it doesn’t really matter what class or spec you play. If you are good, you will perform about as well as anyone else at that skill level.

It’s worked for Blizzard for 18 straight years with no end in sight.

1 Like

It’s exactly the same now as it was in BC? Seasons with multiple class resets each patch as one or another spec is nerfed to uselessness or now becomes the only thing worth playing? I think not.

It’s now more dramatically obvious than ever before how the fluctuations make min maxers constantly change.

Working on the League MMO last I checked.

1 Like

has it ever been balanced?

Ok so, quick sims are the best we have really. I use the Dungeon Slice, not Patchwerk usually. Frost and Fire are not considered weak specs. Frost plays better so I play Frost for now.

The reason I made this thread is because I randomly decided to level my Monk and did some M+, now doing 13s or so after a week. It is much, much easier to maintain excellent damage on WW than it is on a Frost Mage. You can mess up your rotation, you can channel the wrong spell, you can run all over the place slightly missing the hit box and still do a very lazy 18-25k DPS on trash at ilvl 255.

If you mess up your Frost rotation you are screwed until your cooldowns reset. Say if comet storm hits when a mob is moved, or RoP is interrupted by a mob beating on you.

So I was wondering, why is the game like this? I ran a couple sims and I was pretty shocked about the results.

Couple things.

First you shouldn’t use a single-target raidbots sim to compare classes for m+.

Second, item level doesn’t mean anything if the character has poor gearing/talent choices. You didn’t link any sims so while I’m not saying you’re lying, no one else can look at what you’re looking at and have a meaningful discussion.

I’m not using single target. Do you read? They are all in their correct covenants, or at least one of the two correct ones, running the best leggos for M+ both at 291, both have 4 piece. I’m not making anything up. What would be the point of wasting my time making a thread like this?

Also, who takes “wrong” talent choices? This isn’t 2011.

1 Like

Okay so then out of curiosity what sim profile are you using to sim m+?

I generally use the Dungeon Slice preset to sim things. It seems like a better result than doing several sims for both single target and cleave/hectic.

And regardless of the sim, I’m playing both characters and I am seeing the results that were shown on the sim. Lazy AOE and slightly worse single target by the Monk, still doing crazy damage. On point, CD based AOE and slightly better single target by the Mage. It’s disproportionate based on ilvl, which is basically the difference between the end of season 2 and the end of season 3, within 6 ilvls. Something is obviously broken.

What are you simming? Frost mage is far better single target than WW. And the only way WW sims higher with that ilvl difference is if your frost gear is absolute trash or you are running everything wrong. Unless you are simming like 8 targets 30s :rofl: .

The apl is not designed for dungeon slice, so there is your problem. Sim patchwerk and just add targets and lower the duration. Generally 5 targets 1.5 mins is a good sim for aoe.

I think its your ability to play mage thats broken tbh. Frost is not that bad. Its also not CD based in aoe.

Yea, way to be a meme. I don’t give a crap what you think about who plays what well or not well. My gear is fine, stat allocation is fine, covenant is fine, and my leggos are fine.

It’s math and it doesn’t add up. Stop defending blizzard like you work for them, it’s embarrassing.

I’ll also add that I am not trying to optimize this Monk at all. I only ran a sim on it for this purpose based on how it played. Mage is my main and is always running correct everything. Coming from someone who used to stay up until 3am simming stuff in RAWR, I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

If you take one thing from my comment I’d rather it be that you shouldn’t sim dungeon slice as the apl isnt updated for it. Only patchwerk is updated at least for mages.

1 Like

You’re a clown, why would anyone listen to you lol.

You’re so bad at a spec you simmed poorly and then took that as validation for doing less damage than another of your toons 20 ilvls below you. I’m just telling you the truth. Dungeon slice isn’t maintained for most specs in the game and frost is not bad enough to do less damage than a WW 20 ilvls below it. I’ll admit I was quite toxic in my reply, doesn’t make it wrong.

You don’t know who is bad or not bad at anything. Next time you want to post, just don’t. Thanks.

This is also from IV:

“Windwalker Monk has likely made the biggest comeback from below-average DPS to one of the highest out there. Once again, history repeat itself just like in Season 2 and now they are considered in the “hyper-carry” category along with Survival Hunter and Destruction Warlock.”

But yea, It’s just people being “bad”.