Spam purge is the most toxic mechanic in the game

No, but in DF we finally get stuff similar to Spriest Hallucinations passive

Couldn’t agree more.

However I will add to this a bit. Purge as a mechanic isn’t bad. Being able to purge when you need to is important.

But the ease with which healers can literally purge every global and not have them either lose the game for being so mindlessly offensive with their globals or instantly OOM is insane.

Purge is really good when you pay a price for pressing it. Holy priests that PI purge spam until they’re 20% health then serenity themselves to full on their 8th global is stupid.

The fact that the 1 to 1 trade of HoT to Purge results in the druid OOMing faster than the purger is so hilariously dumb idk what to say.

6 Likes

whacky how purging is a problem, but being permanently immune to a type of cc is not

2 Likes

Whacky how people act like druids never get hex’d or poly’d out of stuns/db, or just get caught sometimes mid global since you had to heal because you just cant sit in a form and let your team die. Priest can death or fade or fly cc. Shaman can ground or kick sheeps/fears/clones etc, pallys can sack to immune cc, monks can port and rop cc. Yes spam purge is a problem. All healers have ways to avoid cc not sure what you’re trying to say.

1 Like

silly billy, those are CDs you’re listing that are used to avoid CC! druids have a no CD option to be permanently immune to polymorph effects!! the only other thing similar is rsham being immune to pally rep, and only rep, in ghost wolf!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this.
I wouldn’t want purge to be removed as an ability but there should be some kind of consequence to spamming this all game. Like you said, I shouldn’t go oom as an rdruid faster than the purger, they should be draining mana too.

that’s the jist of the issue. spam purging isn’t a problem in itself, its just the mana cost sometimes becomes way less than it should be.

for dps, blizz could also maybe give other utility a mana cost too so there’s a trade off for spam purging but idk

Well said
10 char

CDs or not, just as effective as they are available most of the times when you actually need them like when your team can die. All those CDs are short 1 min or less some 30 sec and some 13 and 15 seconds. I understand you saying they’re CDs if they were 2 or 3 min CDs. You can’t ever avoid every cc just cause you can sit in a form. While I’m just sitting in a form trying to avoid cc, I can’t heal or do anything. Spam purge is fine, it should just cost more to do it.

isnt it 10% of mana pool to purge for dps? i have 10k mana and 1k per purge.

1 Like

The purger should lose the mana battle 3 to 1 to the purgee. Like each purge should cost 3-4x more than the applied hot.

But like I said it’s more than just the mana cost. The fact that healers can get away with 8-10 straight offensive globals and still recover without overcommitting something defensively is crazy. So the issue is a bit deeper than just the purge spamming itself.

But I mean what are we talking about, Blizzard is so out of touch that it REWARDS shadow priests for spamming purge but giving them resource, and they’re doubling down on this in Dragonflight, doing the same thing with shaman.

Like druids in to teams with multiple purges is actually so stupid.

I honest to god think that maybe purge spam needs to just go away. Like a 3-5 second CD or something. So braindead with no price paid for spamming it.

It’s more than just the mana cost.

I think he has a bias because he plays shaman and priest.

In Unchained I think I was able to purge around 60 times before running oom as Shadow.

okay maybe thats more the issue then. cuz 10 purges til oom feels like a reasonable amount right?

If it costed more then you couldnt spam purge. If they just double the mana cost of purge. This would be a great change.

I play Shaman and priest. Doesn’t mean purge spam isn’t dumb.

Play a lot of Mistweaver too and I don’t think people grasp how devastating getting renewing mists purged on CD is.

I was just trying to make sense of him comparing purge spam to being able to shift a poly or hex lol

this is a result of PVE actually which it’s good for, but shouldn’t exist in PVP I agree. blizz doesnt design with PVP in mind tho so…

weird part of spriest is the mana cost of its utility is all over the place. many things are way too expensive and then you have purge which is laughably cheap. it needs to get looked at.

grats you’re the only person to not assume i play rogue on this lazy af forum that doesn’t know what a check-pvp is.

however you missed mw which is also heavily affected by purges

Eh you don’t press purge in PvE.

its only toxic because classes have no buffs to make it so dispelling something big actually matters. i can walk up to a mage press belf and get combust almost every time.