Spam purge is the most toxic mechanic in the game

Im not sure I agree with this 100% since Ive had multiple teams go right through full hots with cenward extended and ironbark.

But lets say for argument sake that you are totally correct. The game should look at the spam purge issue, remove it due to crappy gameplay and then balance what remains around that. Not try to balance around a miserable playstyle.

2 Likes

Is it though? Cause I think the amount of instant non dr cc that classes have these days is worse. Things like db/poly or roar/clone. Doesn’t take any skill to set up really.

So you’re asking for more class homogenization? Sounds awesome. Spam purge is a specific mechanic only a couple classes have to differentiate them. It would be just as easy AND much better to balance purge.

All that being said isn’t rdruid still the best healer right now? Even with spam purge?

1 Like

‘I can shift and null some of the major CC in the game for free, but here’s what I think about balance.’

9 Likes

DB poly and incap clone are not even close to as bad. Those require you to position yourself right next to whoever youre using a follow up on. So you have to have risk to get use this combo, and damage breaks both setups. Spam purge on the other hand is literally a 1 button mechanic that nearly invalidates a whole class.

I dont think you know the definition of homogenization is. This does not make classes uniform/similar. You can keep offensive dispell but shouldnt be able to spam purge an entire classes kit away.

I see why you posted on dk since your other higher xp characters are shaman and priest.

1 Like

If you werent fighting RMP or something it’s likely your team just under traded or used the wrong CDs on a go/didn’t disrupt properly

They’d be dead no matter what so that’s sorta null, and if you could save them with those alone on those types of windows rdruids would be broken beyond belief

8 Likes

But neither really gets punished for it? Both mage and rdruid are very tanky. So they can position aggressively but still not die. Especially compared to something like mw monk.

Removing yet another unique mechanic that’s been in the game since its inception so that classes can be even more similar? Right.

Again is purge 100% balanced right now? Depends on the spec maybe, but probably not.

How does it invalidate a spec if it’s one of if not the best healer in the game right now?

I post on my DK because I was an advocate of posting on your main. Then my main swaps every season so I don’t bother swapping my forum avatar :roll_eyes:

Anyways my highest exp is on rdruid in past expansions. I am also benching the shaman this season cause I’m bored of it. I’m playing rdruid right now.

1 Like

i genuinely do not feel like i can kill rdruid teams unless i have double purge on my team like 99% of the time, especially when you play vs teams with rdruid/hybrid (particularly ret/enh) or teams that can force you to hit 1 target due to positioning/classes. playing vs rdruid melee cleaves rn is ultra miserable

7 Likes

I mean, rdruids only die through hots if its deep dampening or something went very wrong somewhere. Hots throughput will generally outpace most ST damage. Can some situations vary? Sure, but for the most part you’ll be fine.

It’s why the 2 counters to rdruid is swapping off hots or spam purge.

I don’t think anyone can sit there and honestly say they think they can go through an rdruids hots without purge.

Hots alone do not outpace st dmg. Thats just to straight up lie. You need the hots to buff themselves and your sm and regrowths. When you get purged out, you not only lose the hots but the buffs that hots give to your swiftmend and regrowths through mastery. I just pulled the sample from my last 20 games and regrowth is my highest heals but it nerfs by 60% against spam purge. The entire classes healing kit relies on the hots for mana less regrowths and buffing the power of the heals you give.

2 Likes

unless there’s a debuff that turns off your mastery, they always passively do this because you will never deliberately be in a situation where you try to rely on just 1 of them

the uptime you get out of cen ward with swiftmend lego being over 50% makes this feel at least partially inaccurate

2 Likes

Its 100% accurate. Idk what the first sentence was trying to convey. Cenward doesnt heal for much when there are no other hots on target, furthering the point.

1 Like

Literally this.

I have never EVER played with an rdruid who said “Ya you’re going to die through full hots”. If anything they hold all their CDs if I have full hots because, at worst, I live the stun to get off my defensive or meld or something. Rdruid throughput off full hots alone is incredible becuase of mastery, and if you really are desperate you can use ironbark or NS to save someone.

Like I’m playing boomy fury rn, and we queued into nothing but afflock/rdruid today with the rare turbo sprinkled it. Not once did my warrior just tunnel through hots, because it would’ve done nothing, we don’t just “kill someone” through it all even with 40% ms.

its not the purgeable hots that are keepign the person from dying, its the huge regrowths, sm and cen wardss that buffed by the hots

3 Likes

People just don’t understand it’s the swiftmends and regrowths keeping you alive not the hots. People die through hots, it definitely happens. From me to R1 druids I watch, it happens. Cen Ward and regrowth healing without the mastery bonus from the other hots is weak too.

1 Like

doesn’t it give maelstrom if you purge now?

Leave purge as it is but buff the final bloom of lifebloom by 690.69% when triggered by dispel. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

let me know what kind of growth this mindset fosters

show us these details readouts

I’m not sure what you mean

1 Like

i’m making fun of you for what i consider a rewrite of “nothing i could have done better”

1 Like

Oh ok got it, didn’t know that’s what I was saying.

I was more talking about situations where I have people fully hotted sometimes with cen Ward and something unfortunate happens like I’m cc’d or they run around a corner for like 2-3 sec and dies with everything on them. Times I expect hots to be reliable but sometimes they aren’t.

1 Like