Southshore vs. Tarren Mill Strawpoll

I love that there are people who are so passionate about this map.

I’m not one of them, it’s about as exciting as sitting at the target dummy for 15 minutes.

2 Likes

This is straight PvP, there’s no base settings there’s no flag caps, there’s no boss to fight It is Kill or be killed. Like I said It’s not melee friendly my warrior Bdwxd don’t like it too much on the other hand, my mage thinks it’s Christmas time Every time this brawl comes up.

2 Likes

“feels like Christmas” is a good way to describe the feeling. Really though, this BG puts me in a good mood :hugs:

Anyways, the player I mentioned earlier is still playing lmao

The first game I did earlier was around 10:45-:10:50 AM… he was there. Got out of my latest match about 10 minutes ago (or around 9:20 PM)… he was there. I have seen this dude every single day, consistently, all week.

Regulars love this map and it shows, attendance is super high.

EDIT: just joined a new one, it’s 9:44 PM, the same dude is in this one as well

2 Likes

I would like for it to be added, but as someone else mentioned, at least give melee a health buff. Doesn’t have to be x2 just 50% more would likely be enough to make it so that a death grip isn’t a death sentence.

1 Like

Eh… even in Ashran the melee buff doesn’t do much.

I still see the usual Warriors, Monks, and DH’s get deleted fast during the teamfights in there. But yes, they should copy-paste the Ashran buff into this map should they add it into the rotation since it’s better than nothing.

Melee just performs poorly in the 40v40 format, for obvious reasons… in any large map that’s mostly flat, wide-open terrain (Ashran, IoC, Wintergrasp, SS vs TM) ranged will have the advantage. Ret Pally is probably the only exception with their sturdiness and immunities/multiple escapes.

Even in AV, you will notice the same exact trend of these Warriors, Monks, DH’s being quickly picked off during the infrequent deathball vs deathball clashes.

The moment they wander too close to the enemy team or get caught out in the open/stunned, they get blasted. The buildings/towers/bunkers provide some opportunities for close-quarters melee combat, but that’s about it.

1 Like

It’s fun, but it tends to snowball for one side pretty quickly.

I did not do as many as I like, and I didn’t do as good as I usually do, I still had lots of fun and counting the days down to the next one.

I went 15-20
Imgur
Imgur

I am having withdrawals without this bg already… :frowning:

I, too spam it all day all week when it is up - it is hands down my favorite, and wish they’d bring it into “off” brawl weeks so we can at least have it every other week, instead of just 3 times a year (usually March, July, October / November).

2 Likes

And YES to the “family reunion”!! I love seeing the same players come together three times a year to spam this map all day long.

1 Like

Oh heeeeeeeeeeeeey man, I probably ran into you like 50+ times lmao :smiley: :hugs:

The blue boys had quite a few things to say about you in the BG chat, the number of times I saw “FOCUS KELSEYBEAR” or “DK try to grip Kelseybear” was hilarious :joy:

I played about 80% of my games on Alliance characters, I just love spamming this BG so much the short 3-4 minute Alliance queue times are too hard to resist. I don’t care that my Ally toons have less gear, I’m having fun and that’s what matters.

This place actually FEELS like an epic battleground, there’s no vehicles/bosses/or PvE gimmicks watering down the experience. It’s… just 100% pure PvP and that’s why it stays fresh/never gets boring.

I notice Zippo (the Warlock) was spamming it just as much as you, I’m sure you also noticed.

Alliance had a bunch of familiar names as well, there’s a dude that seemed to play it like 10-11 hours a day. When you play enough games it becomes obvious who the regulars are.

Like I said, the place is just a large gathering or “family reunion” of regulars… it’s very very noticeable if you pay attention to the BG charts (like I do).

2 Likes

The queue time speaks differently :joy:. Glad people like it but it is a terrible BG. The game is built on some skill. CC and what not. This BG is terrible and is like attacking training dummies for each side. It’s pointless and effortless. Who ever has more heals wins. Or whatever team has melee who don’t care and Zerg in and die lose. It’s just boring.

I mean, you’re entitled to your opinion. Personally I think Wintergrasp is boring and should’ve never been added into the rotation, but there is a small handful of players that enjoy it.

Every player’s preferences are different, I enjoy large-scale PvP without having to deal with bosses/vehicles/PvE stuff so this map is “perfect” for me.

Also, honor level 3? It looks like you barely play any BGs, much less any brawls… that’s even lower than ion’s honor level :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Man I hope it doesn’t get added. Currently Epic BGs are the best way to gain honor for undergeared toons because of the gimmicks and vehicles. Throw in TM vs SS and ima need some blacklisting back.

Why do people on the forms always try and find some thing to discredit someone by. Like what is the point of even clicking the Armory? This is my second of three accounts. I actually made this account so my daughter could level a warlock and I transferred over one of my toons so I can give her BOE’s. But no my honor level is well over 300 if that actually matters.

I understand people don’t like vehicles and bosses. But what makes those fun is there are more concepts than a slugfest that is extremely boring and teaches bad gameplay. There are so many people who think they’re actually contributing by doing fluff damage. Good example is tons of boomkins are actually doing no damage By pressing moonfire and sunfire over and over and Starfall.

I like having “objectives” because it gives teams a chance to win even if they’re being out damaged.

Easily to assume majority of people enjoy a more complex scheme system. That is why regular BGs are more popular. Even premade groups had a hard time staying popular because Epics in general are that boring for a lot of people.

Also I have never seen so many players who make their own click and want to be little people more than Epics. Literally had people tell me I’m not a epic player because I didn’t want to use the same cookie cutter strat in an AV. I wanted to sit TP instead of IBT. Dead serious. Telling me to go back to the BGs :joy:.

But the reason TM vs SS isn’t popular is because no one in general likes 35 on one side 35 on the other side slug it out. It’s not complex it’s not fun unless you’re someone who enjoys padding meters.

But hey if people enjoy really big numbers and that’s why they like it then enjoy. I’m surprised they don’t do raids and dungeons because that’s what TM vs SS is like.

Stand still go through a rotation and use AOE that is being healed through.

Player versus Player
SS vs TM is PVP at it best

Wintergrasp is for the most part is Player versus vehicle and I stop queuing for epic BG.s Because of Wintergrasp. But hey if people enjoy getting killed by vehicles than that the BG for them.

2 Likes

Horde ranged classes must love this place.

And you’re on the steps of being a hypocrite because you’re doing exact same thing.

This BG is not for everyone and I understand that But they are still quite a few of us that do love it.

1 Like

SSvsTM is good as a specific queue brawl. Its a painful bg for melee for sure. At least ashran you get to let the ranged have fun while you derp around with objectives.

this is 1 of those bgs that should stay a brawl it wouldnt fit well in the epic bg rotation

1 Like

How? Did I armory someone and try and discredit someone by achievements or honor level :joy:?