Southshore vs. Tarren Mill Strawpoll

Just for fun.

3 Likes

This place has a strange “giant family reunion” feel to it, seeing soooo many regulars and familiar names this week :hugs:

Even encountered a player that spams it even more than me :joy:

2 Likes

I’m 10 wins and 13 losses as of right now. When it ends I will post my reflex.

1 Like

Pleaaase Blizzard, make it a permanent BG. It’s literally the most fun brawl because it feels how epic BGs should be - 40v40 with no vehicles or gimmicks - it relies purely on PVP.

5 Likes

best BG of all time.

4 Likes

It would need the Ashran treatment if it were an epic (i.e. melee get some buff to not be useless). Currently, whichever side has more boomkins/less melee will almost always win.

3 Likes

Yeah this bg should never be in the epic rotation with the amount of problems it has. It’s better off as a brawl imo

Who, me?
I’ve actually only played it a few times this week (IRL things came up).

No, was referring to someone else. There’s a dude that seems to play it like 10-11 hours a day (maybe more??). I recognize his alts, so I know the same person.

I spam it as much as I can (time permitting), however I do take breaks here and there. But this guy is something else… seems he’s “always” on my team whether it’s 10 AM, 5 PM, or 9 PM :laughing:

People obviously enjoy this free-for-all style PvP, otherwise I wouldn’t be seeing the same names over and over in my matches. Why are all these regulars choosing to queue this instead of the regular epics? It’s pretty telling.

I actually haven’t seen you this week, I’m kind of surprised since you’re usually all over this when it’s up, streaming, etc.

Maybe we missed each other, but you usually stand out and are pretty obvious with all your leaping around/“Hunt” animations/etc.

1 Like

I have played it more than I typically do as there is nothing else to do :joy:

Que times are kinda crazy for it, but I’m 1-3 playing Horde alt this week on Horde side

For alliance it’s less than 5 mins at all times .

So if I merc it should be faster? just trying to get gear for my alt lol

There is no merc for brawls so you can’t merc it . Have to play an alliance toon to enjoy the fast queues , lol

aw ok

/10sads

its fun for ranged. not so fun for melee

i like AV because as a melee (rogue) i can gank a crapton of people who get seperated from their pack.

in the southshore brawl u cant really do that since its so small =(

i wouldnt mind it being added if blacklisting was an option

1 Like

Go to the town and kill the civilians … they count as points . Plus kills all the single rezzers coming out of the GY.

Rogues are pretty huge in SS versus TM.

I find Warriors and monks pretty useless in there . Pally have Divine Shield to run in and out . Otherwise it’s all range show.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve done it a few times, but, as stated, I’ve been busy this week, dealing with IRL things.

I agree with you, it’s not fun for melee And adding blacklisting back would be good. My blacklist would be Wintergrasp and Seething.

It is my favorite BG on my mage and believe it or not on my mage I can kind of control the battle as long as I got a good healer.
Flamestrike, Meteor, Flame Patch, World in Flames like I said with a good healer, I can kind of control a little bit of a match.

2 Likes

I used to really enjoy this brawl, but the current desertion playstyle makes it unenjoyable. There’s not much to do so I’m not really logging in as much, but my observations across both factions from earlier in the week (post-stealth-fix to the pause bug) -

As soon as one team got a lead of ~10-15 kills, the other team will have people ditch, making it difficult for that team to make a comeback. I think I grabbed a screenshot where the Horde dipped to 29 players after the first clash earlier this week.

I’ve had a few games where one team also started with significant members of their team missing. Not fun going into battle with a 20% numbers disadvantage.

As for “make it an epic bg”, it doesn’t really fit in with the design intention of being a longer, large-scale map. The map is small and my average time for this is 12 minutes. I know I’d be really frustrated waiting 20-30 minutes on my Horde toons to have this pop-up and the game be over in less time than it took to queue into it.

I do wonder how it would play with fewer players. If it was 15v15 or 20v20, the games would last a little longer and would likely lead to more back-and-forth, and perhaps melee wouldn’t feel quite so helpless.

1 Like