Southshore brawl should not exist - QA fail

I’m pretty forgiving of a bug or problem here or there … but Southshore brawl is so laggy and broken that I cannot believe you’ve added it to the game as a permanent feature in it’s current state.

Every brawl is a lag fest and you just need to look at chat to see that it affects everyone. I lag like CRAZY getting spell-locked for 10s or not able to cast at all … and I run a 8700k chip with 32g of DDR4 and a 1080ti on medium settings with 300mbps internet. I’ve monitored my computer, and it looks like your servers cannot handle it.

As well, by just making it a clusterflock in the middle, I’m not quite sure what you expect melee to do since they either watch …go someplace to try and pick a solo fight … or run in and die.

C’mon Blizz. This is way below your standards.

Edit: correct to mbps … didn’t notice i’d written gbps. I have fibre straight to the house.

6 Likes

I will agree that unless you’re an unholy dk, this BG is not melee friendly lol but it’s still fun!

3 Likes

Lagg? Don’t play WoW on a potato.

2 Likes

Its server lag and its present in all the epic bg where the players actually have to fight each other

6 Likes

Haven’t seen it in years. Maybe use something other than dial-up.

Name doesn’t check out.

5 Likes

It’s laggy, some parts are worse than others. depends on where the battle is thickest. I have a great desktop and fiber, playing on moderate settings and I still get lag.

2 Likes

If you’re playing on a potato, or using Rob and Rons internet service, SSTM might not be for you.

I play with a Geforce 1060 with 6gb of dedicated ram and the latest gen i7. It’s still a lagfest that is not fun at all.

2 Likes

When whole teams are lagging, it’s not the computers.

7 Likes

I have a powerful, top of the line gaming computer with a strong internet connection and it still lags very often. The problem is not us, it’s the coding with the system being unable to keep up with 80 players crammed in the same location.

8 Likes

It has to do with their game servers, it isn’t the setup. I am running my custom built pc with
i5-6600k
Gefore 1070
16 gigs Ram
installed on ssd.

This baby can do any 40 mans with graphics on ultra high and run other games with ease graphics maxed out. SSvTM still gives me lag like nothing else ever has.

1 Like

Sounds like you guys shouldn’t be playing on those dated machines.

looks like you need a keyboard for fatter fingers!

HAH

5 Likes

I haven’t even played one yet due to needing to do too many other things.

But that’s generally OK since it’s a crap brawl overall and I don’t need conquest or whatever it gives for a win (thank God). :cowboy_hat_face:

It’s a lagfest for sure, I can’t stand it. And I’m not on a potato.

They seem to know the cause, considering their tweet about Ashran lag (which is the same lag)

literally anti meele
I try and advise the meele to hide back and protect their healers every time and they all die instantly every single time lol

2 Likes

Oh man, so much this. If I’m signing up for this brawl, I go Holy and sit back and heal folks, kill rogues and non-shifting druids who jump the fellow healers.

Gotta rely on the ranged to win this one for me. >.<

How is 7 days every few months a “permanent fixture”?

Skip brawls if you don’t like em.

The whole thing would be a million times better if they just reduced the number of players in the bg to 30, or even 20 players per team. Even the old wpvp fights that it was supposed to be based on almost never had 80 people

3 Likes