Southshore brawl should not exist - QA fail

I just queue up and hope to spam some buttons and get a win somehow :wink:

It usually works but geez, cant believe someone wastes so much time on something so mindlesss. Lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah especially since the brawl is “nostalgia” for Classic, which we’re getting anyways.

Make the brawl better, lol.

I wish this was a permanent BG. I :heart: It so much. I get to use weird specs and talents strictly for huge aoe and it’s a blast.

2 Likes

have you tried the new ashran yet?

Yes I really like it although I’ve only done it twice. We couldn’t quite kill their leader since they had a lot of monks spamming that stupid hoppy thing on the bridge.

I tabbed out just to upvote ^ this, wish I could upvote it 10 times tbh :smirk:

I’ve ran it multiple times as a guardian and we had a prot warrior as well. We were pushed right into their frontline and it seemed to convince our melee dps to push in. Once the charge happens you can topple their momentum fast :sunglasses:

Playing as a warrior is a bucket of suck - can’t do much of anything except give the other side points. I’m 0-10 so far today and just want credit for the Quest. Not fun at all on melee.

2 Likes

Ring of Stupidity*

1 Like

People need to stop blaming Blizz for their own problems.

Tons of people are crying about poor performance but they’re running around with quad core CPUs and old Nvidia cards running DX11. Your rigs are great for questing, 5 mans and other low to mid scene content.

TM is one of the most draw call intensive parts of WoW. You’ll want a high core CPU (6 or more), Radeon Vega 56+ or Turning 2080+ running DX12 and a TCP+UDP offload engine. Add a Freesync/Gsync monitor and you’ll have a playable experience. Won’t be smooth 100% of the time but it won’t be a slide show.

When nothing else lags in this game, even other 40 mans, I’d say it’s not my computer…

1 Like

The main problem with Southshore Vs Tarrren Mill is the major ability lag at the very first fight when both teams pop lust. The servers can’t seem to handle it, so it lags badly. Even if you aren’t getting any FPS drops you’ll still get horrible server-side ability lag at the start.

1 Like

It’s not a client PC issue, it’s a server issue.

Having 80 people duke it out, spamming spells BEATS on the servers. Has nothing to do with client PCs. Even if you have an absolute top tier gaming machine you’ll still feel the same effects.

This is a big reason why we have servers, shards (unfortunately) and non sharding main cities, so the majority of the player base doesn’t lag out when a huge brawl breaks out.

Let’s not pay attention to the flea ridden idiot human from RUIN GAMING with his verbal dribble. SS v TM is just a giant DPS AoE battle that reminds of me what the idiots in RG consider “top tier quality PvP” when in fact it’s a mindless zerg fest.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with computer specs. It’s just network lag.

2 Likes

Exactly. Every other 40 man (minus maybe Ashran) has secondary objectives so it’s not 40v40. IoC, some go docks or WS. WG, some go BT instead of SR. AV, some stay defense while some go offense. In TM vs SS, there’s no where to go but the teamfight, so ofc it’s going to lag

2 Likes

Everyone keeps saying ‘server issue’ and ‘client problems’ can be easily refuted.

Lower your settings to 1, use a i9-9960X/1950X Threadripper, run Linux (Windows is horrid with high core counts), ensure UDP acceleration is turned on in your drivers and the game is 100% smooth in full battle even at 4K. If it were a server issue then the problem would still occur at setting 1.

The client can be coded much better but until then we can only tweak on client side to fix the problems. Start turning up your settings past 1 and you’ll notice your performance starting to get worse. The main problem is with your draw calls. Your draw calls aren’t this high even in LFR raids. Those quad core CPUs and old Nvidia cards aren’t cutting it anymore. Time for upgrades.

1 Like

Imagine thinking your hardware has anything to do with the 5 seconds+ lag you get in that brawl.

4 Likes

This isn’t correct. In order to use Linux to run Windows applications you need to use something like Wine, which uses OpenGL which is just another layer of code to go through and have issues with and have possible issues with your drivers with. Linux + Wine is not more performant for gaming in any realistic measure.

To further this, Threadrippers aren’t even good for gaming because most applications have issues with that many cores and crash (not the OS at all, in fact they’re just fine with high core count.) There’s actually a feature you need to enable/disable for TR PCs they call “gaming mode” which essentially disables half of the cores for better performance.

This issue doesn’t happen in any large BG until you come across a large mass of people where it’s not just FPS lag but input and server lag, SS v TM exacerbates this tremendously with ease when you have 80 people spamming abilities. This is hard on the servers, not just client PCs. Keep in mind we’re still running an old engine with old graphics that are archaic in design and don’t bode well with time.

I’d like to see someone with a “top tier PC” (that they likely had their mom buy for them from Best Buy) and show me a video of them running SS v TM max settings with zero lag mid fight and tell me it’s their client PC.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ckaleiki/status/1144437752290631682

2 Likes

Modern Linux distros will use VULKAN API. OpenGL has the same draw call roadblocks as DX11.

That’s not currect. Kernel 5.x runs circles around Window’s 15 year old CPU scheduler. A Major feature of Windows 1903 to get better performance on Ryzen/Threadripper/high core Intel CPUs and it’s still Linux in performance.

openbenchmarking org/embed.php?i=1905269-HV-THREADRIP18&sha=34728bc&p=2

Like I said, turn down the settings to 1 and you’ll see the problem dissapear. If it were a server issue then the problems won’t go away. When you turn up graphics settings problems start to happen; It’s a draw call issue as graphics settings are increased (ie client side issue).